hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 153 of 155 FirstFirst ... 53103143150151152153154155 LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 3091

Thread: Stellaris - space grand strategy in space, from Paradox (in space).

Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    Stellaris is best if you RP it instead of min/max.

I made a race modeled after my wife's Brussels Griffon. Obsessed with food, sex and despises any other mammalian species.
    Agreed. First thing I did was make an Amarrian Empire. Next thing I did was make a bunch of space hippies. The hippies didn't last long.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

I tend to do a mix of min/max and RP, I've found that some choices are just not up to snuff when it comes to government type and ethics, I always choose at least one level of militarism because fighting is 100% unavoidable and empire is simply the best government type due to it's bonuses to boarder extrusion and colony cost, beyond that tho there's a lot of range in the direction you want to take it.

New devblog: synthetic and biological ascension paths.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...nsion.1002382/

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post

meh

NERVE STAPLING GUYS!

Banned
    >Trait: Delicious

excellent

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post

meh
    eh, fleshing out psionic as a full alternative to bio/mech meant it was always going to get something a lot more flashy. The Synthetic path looks the most boring IMO, could be spiced up if it made AI rebellion either much more of a threat or gave you other options to manipulate that event. Bio path looks hilariously trolly though, since it gives you the ability to cheaply modify client species imagine using it to conquer primitives and then engineer them to abuse the refugee mechanics, make them repugnant, enduring, fast breeding, nomadic, and weak and then set them to undesirables so they flee your empire, suddenly all those silly federation builders are having to deal with a horde of whiny ugly lazy cunts outbreeding and overwhelming their native populations.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post

meh
    eh, fleshing out psionic as a full alternative to bio/mech meant it was always going to get something a lot more flashy. The Synthetic path looks the most boring IMO, could be spiced up if it made AI rebellion either much more of a threat or gave you other options to manipulate that event. Bio path looks hilariously trolly though, since it gives you the ability to cheaply modify client species imagine using it to conquer primitives and then engineer them to abuse the refugee mechanics, make them repugnant, enduring, fast breeding, nomadic, and weak and then set them to undesirables so they flee your empire, suddenly all those silly federation builders are having to deal with a horde of whiny ugly lazy cunts outbreeding and overwhelming their native populations.
    basically muslim history ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Downloaded a ton of mods last night, started one game with mostly quality of life improvements but also downloaded the Star Trek total conversion. Anyone played it yet and is it fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Downloaded a ton of mods last night, started one game with mostly quality of life improvements but also downloaded the Star Trek total conversion. Anyone played it yet and is it fun?
    It's pretty cool tbh, and I'm not even a giant Trek fan. Still a WIP, but definitely good.

Like, heavily WIP or just a bit? May wait until it's complete and just finish up my current campaign.

It's good and playable. Some descriptions have wip tool tips. The Space Seed event fires more than once apparently and has wip event text but functional tool tips.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    It's good and playable. Some descriptions have wip tool tips. The Space Seed event fires more than once apparently and has wip event text but functional tool tips.

Tapapapatalk
    This. It's VERY near to complete, just a few too tips and other bits. Certainly no need to worry about waiting imo.

Confirming the mod is more fun than vanilla.

OK I'M GOING IN DRY!

New Horizons seems to run out of content by the time you hit the 2270s. That or my game is bugged and events stopped firing.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Yeah it is cool, love the effects, sounds and ships etc... There are a hell of a lot of bits of WIP text though which sometimes affects things as you get put in story quests you have no idea about.

OK, late to the bandwagon, on my second game. It is going pretty good, I had like 4 planets being terraformed, then I had some migrant hamster guys show up in my space, and they could habitate the planets I was terraforming, so I went back and reloaded before starting the terraforming, saved a ton of money by just colonizing with the hamsters.

I know that a mix of guns and missiles is bad, but I can't really tell if any of the enemies I have faced are fielding PD, so it still seems OK to me. I figured I would leave it that way until I ran in to an empire that had lots of PD, but hasn't really happened yet. I designed some PD ships, but haven't seen an anybody else use missiles on me yet, so haven't made any of the ships.

Anybody using missiles anymore? Obviously in MP a gun / missile mix would be a problem, but seems fine in SP so far.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    OK, late to the bandwagon, on my second game. It is going pretty good, I had like 4 planets being terraformed, then I had some migrant hamster guys show up in my space, and they could habitate the planets I was terraforming, so I went back and reloaded before starting the terraforming, saved a ton of money by just colonizing with the hamsters.

I know that a mix of guns and missiles is bad, but I can't really tell if any of the enemies I have faced are fielding PD, so it still seems OK to me. I figured I would leave it that way until I ran in to an empire that had lots of PD, but hasn't really happened yet. I designed some PD ships, but haven't seen an anybody else use missiles on me yet, so haven't made any of the ships.

Anybody using missiles anymore? Obviously in MP a gun / missile mix would be a problem, but seems fine in SP so far.
    missiles are by far the worst weapon tree and they are outclassed by kinetic and energy even when there is no PDS at all.

Basic missiles being shit doesn't really have much to do with the presence or absence of PD.

Because the missiles take a while to get to a target and do not re-acquire another enemy if their original target dies you end up with massive overkill wasting large swathes of your damage. Additionally when the source ship dies, the missiles it fired will detonate so you effectively loose a missile ships damage output at a point a few seconds before it dies.

Due to these factors missiles are terrible. You will get two to three times the effectiveness from other weapon systems of comparative levels. Any battle you narrowly win with basic missiles, you could have won with an overwhelming victory using another weapon system.