hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 184 of 185 FirstFirst ... 84134174181182183184185 LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,680 of 3692

Thread: Stellaris - space grand strategy in space, from Paradox (in space).

Wow, a per-fleet ship limit. I guess Wiz wasn't paying attention to every single forum thread where that idea was brought up and then dismissed because you can still make doomstacks by ordering your fleets to follow each other.

Doomstacks aren't the problem, they're a symptom. The real problem is the war mechanic.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Wow, a per-fleet ship limit. I guess Wiz wasn't paying attention to every single forum thread where that idea was brought up and then dismissed because you can still make doomstacks by ordering your fleets to follow each other.

Doomstacks aren't the problem, they're a symptom. The real problem is the war mechanic.
    Could you post one of the screenshots that show that because I couldn't find one. I do however blame being on the phone.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

I kind of like the idea of starbases, but having to build an outpost in every fucking system is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

Could you post one of the screenshots that show that because I couldn't find one. I do however blame being on the phone.

Tapapapatalk
    Wiz teased some additional features on his twitter. One of them was this:

Tapapapatalk

Maybe number of fleets is limited to?

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post

Tapapapatalk

Maybe number of fleets is limited to?
    Still won't help. Even if you cap the number of fleets you can still stack all your fleets on top of each other - and if you're doing that then why the fuck do you need a global fleet cap?

Tapapapatalk

Thanks.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

If you look at the meat it looks a lot like Bents mods:

Better defence, faster build time with prep (multiple shipyards per structure allowing parrarell build orders), smaller fleet cap.

So yes doomstacks will still be a thing but losing to a doomstack won't be as bad.

But equally with lower tier Outposts flipping them should be a viable means of guerrilla warfare.

And if they get the sector AI to manage some of the Micro (ie be able to allocate unclaimed systems to sectors and have them build outposts on them) then it shouldn't be too bad.

I find the lack of EVE POS and fleets on grid memes disturbing.
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

I got the Horizon Signal event chain in one of my saves earlier.

Followed it all the way through, because why not, and...well, the end is interesting.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

WHAT WAS SHALL BE
    WHAT SHALL BE WAS

It's going to be interesting to see how much outpost whackamole will force fleet subdivision. I think its going to depend on how easily and quickly you can convert a bog standard outpost into a ship builder.

If any outpost can be quickly upgraded to build ships then you can't use the threat of a single a decapitating strike to force an engagement, so instead you have to grind down systems to eliminate resource production. The optimal system killing process probably won't involve a doom stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see how much outpost whackamole will force fleet subdivision. I think its going to depend on how easily and quickly you can convert a bog standard outpost into a ship builder.

If any outpost can be quickly upgraded to build ships then you can't use the threat of a single a decapitating strike to force an engagement, so instead you have to grind down systems to eliminate resource production. The optimal system killing process probably won't involve a doom stack.
    Wiz mentioned in the thread that starholds and outposts arent destroyable, just get in disabled or something. He also gave the impression that they were changing a lot of the underlying mechanics when it comes to logistics and infrastructure. Should be interesting

Shit war mechanics is what is putting me off this game and buying the dlcs.

Hope they do some good.

Stellaris is the only PDX game where war isn't fun. It's just tedious. I kinda enjoy playing tall in Stellaris though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post

Well, there is a limit to how many starbases you can upgrade past the outpost level, so it would definitely be a setback to lose your shipyard. Not sure how long it would take to build up a new one, obviously.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
    Stellaris is the only PDX game where war isn't fun. It's just tedious. I kinda enjoy playing tall in Stellaris though.
    i find it so difficult to play tall. I just dont have the fleet, and the advantages to the quick unity and research dont feel like they are there. I could just play as rogue servitors for mega unity. without viable early fleet cap you have to go diplomacy to not get facestompted, which again means you need to play in a federation with AI which often leads to a blob you have no control over nearby. even if you are not in the federation at some point they will federation up without you and again you have no control over that. I dont see how you can compete. Mass vasselisation somehow? the tech for habitats comes way too late for me. the prerequisits are not insignificant.

In fairness, I really like the current stellaris war mechanics other than wargoal bullshit (and fuck me, someone else occupied something in my goal so I cant force peace any more AGAIN).

I won't lie: between the changes in starbases and the changes in the FTL network, I just can't wait for the next update to hit!