hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 201 of 205 FirstFirst ... 101151191198199200201202203204 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,020 of 4081

Thread: Stellaris - space grand strategy in space, from Paradox (in space).

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post
    In 2.1, we're changing the way anomalies work in a few ways. First and foremost, we are removing the concept of failure risk - we found that the possibility to fail on anomalies added little to the game in terms of interesting choices, and mostly frustrated players or made them wait with researching said anomalies until their chance of success was maximized. As such, instead of making it so that anomalies have a failure risk based on scientist skill level, we've instead made it so that the time it takes to research an anomaly is heavily dependent on the scientist skill versus the level of the anomaly - researching a level 2 anomaly with a level 2 scientist will be a comparatively quick affair, while attempting a level 10 anomaly with the same scientist can take a very, very long time, and might mean that it is better to return to it later with a more skilled scientist, so not to hold up your early exploration.

As part of this we've also added an anomaly tracker tab to the situation log. The anomaly tracker will keep track of anomalies that you have discovered but not yet researched and easily let find and you return to them.

Hyperlane Generation
    Another thing that is changing in 2.1 is the way the Hyperlane network is generated. Rather than simply attempting to connect stars to nearby stars, we've created a new generation algorithm that builds up 'clusters' of stars with a high degree of internal connectivity, that are connected to each other by thinner 'highways' which form natural chokepoints. These chokepoints are also registered as such by the game, allowing us to find actual chokepoint systems and avoid placing Leviathans and other powerful space monsters there, as well as improving the AI's ability to detect suitable spots for defensive starbses. The hyperlane connectivity setting will determine the level of connectivity between clusters, and thus how frequent and easily circumvented chokepoints are.

As part of this it will now also be possible for modders to easily generate systems and clusters of systems that are not connected to the main hyperlane network.

New Stars & Systems
    Lastly for today, we've added a bunch of new system and star types to the game. First out are binary and trinary star systems - systems containing more than a single star. These systems come in a variety of configurations, and will often contain more planets and resources than conventional, single-star systems. We've also added some new star types to the game in the form of Brown Dwarves (not technically stars, I know) and Class M red super-giants. We've also made it possible to generate more than a single asteroid belt in a system, and created some new mineral-rich asteroid-heavy systems. Finally, there are some new unique systems to find with large amounts of resources in them, guarded by powerful space creatures.

That's all for today! Next week we're going to be talking about something just a little bit mysterious called the L-Cluster... see you then!
    I like... all of this.
    Every set of devblawgs for stellaris are great and then the game changes are good but not quite there to where i want it.

Its like EU4, and i'm not looking forwards to when I stop playing it like I have done with EU4, but at least we'll have more CK2 expansions to play by then. For now, looking fowards to 2.1 as much as I did to 2.0, honestly.
    Game is a little bit too slow for me now, The fleet sizes are so much smaller too, and i find the fleet manager seriously gimpy. at 70years in im no where near where i used to be in progression. I dont know if I should be taking all the space, or just some systems and planets?

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    One of the nicer unintended side-effects of 2.0 is that since starbases have their own screen now you don't have to constantly switch between the surface and the spaceport tab on planets.

Also what's gimpy about the fleet manager? I quite like not having to micro all that shit any more. It can use some iteration and bug-fixing but it's not bad for a first pass IMHO.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    2.0 tech tree, no idea if it will change in 2.1: https://i.redd.it/lxwm2ovh6pi01.jpg
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post
    In 2.1, we're changing the way anomalies work in a few ways. First and foremost, we are removing the concept of failure risk - we found that the possibility to fail on anomalies added little to the game in terms of interesting choices, and mostly frustrated players or made them wait with researching said anomalies until their chance of success was maximized. As such, instead of making it so that anomalies have a failure risk based on scientist skill level, we've instead made it so that the time it takes to research an anomaly is heavily dependent on the scientist skill versus the level of the anomaly - researching a level 2 anomaly with a level 2 scientist will be a comparatively quick affair, while attempting a level 10 anomaly with the same scientist can take a very, very long time, and might mean that it is better to return to it later with a more skilled scientist, so not to hold up your early exploration.

As part of this we've also added an anomaly tracker tab to the situation log. The anomaly tracker will keep track of anomalies that you have discovered but not yet researched and easily let find and you return to them.

Hyperlane Generation
    Another thing that is changing in 2.1 is the way the Hyperlane network is generated. Rather than simply attempting to connect stars to nearby stars, we've created a new generation algorithm that builds up 'clusters' of stars with a high degree of internal connectivity, that are connected to each other by thinner 'highways' which form natural chokepoints. These chokepoints are also registered as such by the game, allowing us to find actual chokepoint systems and avoid placing Leviathans and other powerful space monsters there, as well as improving the AI's ability to detect suitable spots for defensive starbses. The hyperlane connectivity setting will determine the level of connectivity between clusters, and thus how frequent and easily circumvented chokepoints are.

As part of this it will now also be possible for modders to easily generate systems and clusters of systems that are not connected to the main hyperlane network.

New Stars & Systems
    Lastly for today, we've added a bunch of new system and star types to the game. First out are binary and trinary star systems - systems containing more than a single star. These systems come in a variety of configurations, and will often contain more planets and resources than conventional, single-star systems. We've also added some new star types to the game in the form of Brown Dwarves (not technically stars, I know) and Class M red super-giants. We've also made it possible to generate more than a single asteroid belt in a system, and created some new mineral-rich asteroid-heavy systems. Finally, there are some new unique systems to find with large amounts of resources in them, guarded by powerful space creatures.

That's all for today! Next week we're going to be talking about something just a little bit mysterious called the L-Cluster... see you then!
    I like... all of this.
    Every set of devblawgs for stellaris are great and then the game changes are good but not quite there to where i want it.

Its like EU4, and i'm not looking forwards to when I stop playing it like I have done with EU4, but at least we'll have more CK2 expansions to play by then. For now, looking fowards to 2.1 as much as I did to 2.0, honestly.
    Game is a little bit too slow for me now, The fleet sizes are so much smaller too, and i find the fleet manager seriously gimpy. at 70years in im no where near where i used to be in progression. I dont know if I should be taking all the space, or just some systems and planets?
    I like the fleet manager... dunno why multiple smaller fleets doesnt sound better for you, can make one for corvettes and another for Bs ect, and have leaders with skills that buff the classes?

as to taking all the space or just home systems... you aren't limited by borders so much as influence these days, just take what you want... idk what to say if you are looking for the game to tell you how to play the empire you specced up and created maybe not the game for u

Doing well in my current game because the Great Khan spawned, captured a system with a wormhole directly to one of my initial colonies, and then stopped expanding until he got sick and died. So now the successor Khanate has 5 systems and somehow has 5x my naval cap.

Trying to go for the three vassal achievement, plenty of prime targets on my borders but they can't stop starting wars with other galactic nobodies or getting absorbed by my neighboring superpower long enough for me to file the proper vassalization demand forms.

Year 2539 - 80 years have passed since the War in Heaven began. At the onset of the war, I sided with the Keepers of Knowledge against the Holy Guardians. After 30 years of fighting, I captured the enemy FE's home space using a tactical jump fleet, yet the war against the un-aligned powers continued.

The Contingency slowly ravages the galaxy, but the Keepers find it more pressing to conquer more space and envelop organic planets in shields. They will get what's coming to them for their short-sighted aims, someday.

I really like what stellaria is becoming .

Only problem i am still having is the endgame being so Slow, it did improve tho.
    The hardware isnt my problem so any other tips and pointers to improve that aspect???

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Disable/close Outliner tabs you don't need. Disable Steam overlay.

If that's not enough, try the mod that rebalances fleets for fewer ship numbers.
    Last edited by Boltorano; May 12 2018 at 10:37:04 AM.

I have 3 protectorates, but they are dumb as hell. They won't develop their owned space, and they won't expand their reach to neighboring systems that would help them greatly. As a result, my most advanced subject only has 29% of my techs (which is amusing since they became an empire around 2290 and the other two have been empires since the start). An unfriendly empire expanded through a wormhole to take a 3-system pocket right next to 2 of them, which concerns me.

But I'm not terribly worried. I'm a Fanatic Materialist, and my principal diplomatic weapons are the almighty Research Agreement (exclusive to those who are subjects or have similar ethics, of course), followed by a non-aggression pact. I also made sure to secure several strategic resources, if only to deny them to my neighbors. As a result, it is now 2402, and no one has wardecced me or my protectorates. In the 2390s, I was invited to a federation comprised of Democratic Crusaders and Erudite Explorers. Our first war against a neighbor I didn't like went swimmngly.

Currently, it is 2402.
    - I am in the most powerful bloc in the galaxy.
    - Our tech, fleet size and planets owned exceed all other empires, except Fallen Empires (but that is changing very soon).
    - Almost everyone else is too far away from each other to form alliances, and too far away to support each other via Defensive Pact should we decide to invade.
    - Four tradition trees done.
    - Still don't have Megaengineering, despite fulfilling all prerequisites.
    - Several decades left before the endgame, no idea what will happen then.

edit: How do you turn protectorates into vassals if they won't research fast enough?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    I have 3 protectorates, but they are dumb as hell. They won't develop their owned space, and they won't expand their reach to neighboring systems that would help them greatly. As a result, my most advanced subject only has 29% of my techs (which is amusing since they became an empire around 2290 and the other two have been empires since the start). An unfriendly empire expanded through a wormhole to take a 3-system pocket right next to 2 of them, which concerns me.

But I'm not terribly worried. I'm a Fanatic Materialist, and my principal diplomatic weapons are the almighty Research Agreement (exclusive to those who are subjects or have similar ethics, of course), followed by a non-aggression pact. I also made sure to secure several strategic resources, if only to deny them to my neighbors. As a result, it is now 2402, and no one has wardecced me or my protectorates. In the 2390s, I was invited to a federation comprised of Democratic Crusaders and Erudite Explorers. Our first war against a neighbor I didn't like went swimmngly.

Currently, it is 2402.
    - I am in the most powerful bloc in the galaxy.
    - Our tech, fleet size and planets owned exceed all other empires, except Fallen Empires (but that is changing very soon).
    - Almost everyone else is too far away from each other to form alliances, and too far away to support each other via Defensive Pact should we decide to invade.
    - Four tradition trees done.
    - Still don't have Megaengineering, despite fulfilling all prerequisites.
    - Several decades left before the endgame, no idea what will happen then.

edit: How do you turn protectorates into vassals if they won't research fast enough?
    Conquer them, take all space, then release one of the planets as a vassel, it inherits all your Tech, give vassel territory?
    I dont know if this is still a thing 2.0+

I used to take over fallen empire space, go way over my cap for planets, then rease FE space as vassel, it got my techs (i was very teched up generally speaking) and FE sweet production worlds.
    Vassel was able to produce very effective fleets fo 250k-350k

At least as a protectorate, you get influence from them. A weak vassal just seems to waste their smaller fleets with misguided attacks.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    Conquer them, take all space, then release one of the planets as a vassel, it inherits all your Tech, give vassel territory?
    I dont know if this is still a thing 2.0+
    I had to do this today, the new vassal shared my tech level and ethos, but their population was very unhappy about their new traitor government.

Are Mining Lasers and Cloud Lightning considered useful, and which ships are they best suited to?

May 22, RIP my free time.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    May 22, RIP my free time.

So soon!

Sweet

The annoyance when you try to delete a fleet of 3 ships and end up deleting that and the entire main fleet of 70 corvettes inn a game your a little strapped for minerals (boxed in pacifists). Think it lagged a seck when deleting the first so nothing happened, pressed again and viola both fleets gone....

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Are Mining Lasers and Cloud Lightning considered useful, and which ships are they best suited to?
    Cloud Lightning is the more useful of the two. It deals slot-wise damage about on par with a Tier 3 disruptor, while using a slot that does not have disruptors available to it. Excellent for any disruptor/missile build, but with only 50 range you will be brawling with it. While lightning battleships can be fun if managed as a defensive fleet parked on a jump-in point, they lose hard to 80-120 range fleets using conventional weapons if they have to close in from across the gravity well. Lightning on cruisers and destroyers is more viable for a roaming fleet, as they have the speed to close to range.

Cutting lasers deal damage about on par with a Tier 3 gauss or laser, but with a massive hull damage bonus and good armor damage bonus. Unfortunately they pay for this with a substantial shield damage penalty. In theory, this still works out okay for them, but it's a really sensitive balance that will shift based on your opponent's tech rolls, and can completely screw you if your opponents roll strong shield tech. IMO they're not all that useful due to being overspecialized, but you can find niches for them, like weapons for pulsar defense stations.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.
    Failing the Voight-Kampff test, one tortoise at a time.

Cloud lightning / disruptor battleships utterly annihilate fallen empire and late game crisis fleets, especially those of the Contingency. If you’re fighting those, it’s not a horrible idea to refit your ships accordingly. But for other opponents, other fits are probably better.

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

The new hyperlane sensors blew my mind for a few minutes until I got used to it.

Basically, it always shows the exit lanes, so if there's no paths leading away from a system you know for sure it's a dead end before you even go there.

RIP save scumming in Ironman. Game now forces an auto-save whenever you exit to menu.
    Last edited by Boltorano; May 22 2018 at 02:45:57 PM.

im going to pick up the base game this week. defo interested in joining any multiplayer sessions