hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 165 of 185 FirstFirst ... 65115155162163164165166167168175 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 3696

Thread: Stellaris - space grand strategy in space, from Paradox (in space).

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    So I've got this Federation with my best mates to the south of me but everyone seems to hate them and won't join us

Even a state we liberated from a rival empire hates them so much they have no chance of joining. What do?
    Get better mates. Are you buddies with Space Hitler or something?

In my game (the one from above with the 2 FE neighbours), so far so good. I wanted to test going tall, and tbh having zero expansion room to the sides has forced much of that anyway. I have 3 worlds and 4 frontier outposts, and am slightly more powerful than standard empires near me. I just beat ones and forced them to cleanse 2 planets to give me more room for Outposts to expand my borders.

It has helped that i got lucky with research planets...between that, Discovery and the very low Unity/Research requirements for low planet/Pop empires, i'm advancing a lot faster than i would expect, and most neighbours are Inferior to my tech level.

However, as expected my naval cap is perilously low. it's enough to beat single races, or 2 at most (during my expansion war another neighbour attacked me....managed to pull back, kill his fleet at which point he surrendered with mutually no demands), but a Crisis or Federation, let alone the monster FE near me, would crush me. And unfortunately i can't see many ways to fix that with a tall empire until i can start spamming habitats.

Smuggo
    Their unpopularity isn't all bad. It has resulted in several war declarations by ai that has helped me expand my borders. I also had a world randomly decide to secede from a rival and join me which was nice.

Also playing WH and the range on researched wh stations is retarded big. I'd forgot how op it was.

If you install a mod, do you need to start a new game? Installed the aforementioned megastructures mod, but it is having no effect on my current game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    If you install a mod, do you need to start a new game? Installed the aforementioned megastructures mod, but it is having no effect on my current game.

Depends on the mod but often yes.

Fawk.

Fawk.

have you turned the mod on in the launcher? because if its just a few stat changes it should work fine with any save usually

Getting 1k energy from a completed Dyson Sphere certainly feels more worthwhile. Still silly ofc because by that time you hardly need it, but at least it FEELS more epic.

I just realised what i want. An option to have your old empire/race appear in new games as a new FE, with megastructures and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by hopper View Post
    Fawk.

have you turned the mod on in the launcher? because if its just a few stat changes it should work fine with any save usually
    Yeah, If activating it involves clicking it in the launcher. IIRC the mod also makes it a tier 3 tech (rather the prereq is), so that might be it. I also tried editing the text files for the techs, same result. I havent tested starting a new game yet since it takes a while to get to where you get to build it.

Just started playing this, are there any op ship fittings that arent covered by auto-best lasy mode?

Not sure if it was mentioned here yet. They are patching in terraforming of colonised planets via research tech. Should be nice early to mid-game.

Edit: Link to the tweet

Last edited by Lady Spank; April 19 2017 at 07:32:14 PM.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    Not sure if it was mentioned here yet. They are patching in terraforming of colonised planets via research tech. Should be nice early to mid-game.
    Oh fantastic. I need this so badly.

Gaia all the planets.
    nevar forget

Link to the tweet

Hopefully I didn't misinterpret inhabited as colonised.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

Link to the tweet

If by inhabited you mean "can I turn another empire's inhabited planets into a toxic world", I think you are misinterpreting.

Hope that isn't a plain 0% Habitability like it used to be.

Going from an Ocean to a Desert should be rather unpleasant for any colonists (probably increasing with more colonists).
    Going from an Ocean to a Gaia should be minimally intrusive.

Link to the tweet

If by inhabited you mean "can I turn another empire's inhabited planets into a toxic world", I think you are misinterpreting.
    Wtb virus bombs

gaia planet type is fucking bollocks

You could terraform colonized planets before that tech. The inhabitants just really really didn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post

You could terraform colonized planets before that tech. The inhabitants just really really didn't like it.
    Well maybe they can fuck off to other planets on their own now?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post

Your information is out of date by a couple of patches now. You can't terraform colonized planets.