hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 203 of 203 FirstFirst ... 103153193200201202203
Results 4,041 to 4,051 of 4051

Thread: Stellaris - space grand strategy in space, from Paradox (in space).

Neighbor: DEAR SIRS WOULD YOU LIKE TO SHARE COMMUNICATIONS?
    Me: Sure.
    Neighbor: OKAY IT'S TWO ROGUE DEFENSE SYSTEMS HAVE A NICE DAY

Thanks for the answer. I saw that tech passing by a long time ago, but choose another one, hasn't come back, now I''m far into the upgrade techs allready. Will take it next game, as I seem to have won this one allready regardless.
    WOT & WT: Kyril

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Neighbor: DEAR SIRS WOULD YOU LIKE TO SHARE COMMUNICATIONS?
    Me: Sure.
    Neighbor: OKAY IT'S TWO ROGUE DEFENSE SYSTEMS HAVE A NICE DAY
    they're just broadening their targeting pool to increase their own odds of survival.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mi Lai View Post
    Anyone have any idea what to do with L-Gates? Had a nice little story that led me to find out about the gates, and I got the oportunity to open one. I can't use them, the only thing they do is spawn ~30K Fleets every now and again, which fight, but stay in the system. Some Gates have spawned around hundreds of thousands worth of fleet power, just sitting in the same system. Both the game and google tells me nothing on what I should do with them.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I play as Machine Exterminators, so I can't speak with the Curators to get more info about this.
    Research L-gate insights.

Once you have seven "insights" you can send a science ship to open the gate and it will act like a normal wormhole. You are a bit screwed in getting the insights quickly as the curators tend to give you one every few years, but over time they will pop up in your research
    Sounds like he already has all the insights and has opened them? Or an NPC did if its spawning fleets.

There's 3(?) different scenarios that might happen. If its spawning fleets then he got the one descibed in the spoiler:

Spoiler:
    He got the nanite invasion version. Afaik in the nanite invasion event the first gate to be opened is also closed again once you find out whats on the other side and all the other L-gates start spawning hostile nanite fleets. I dont know if you can reopen the closed gate or whether you need to find another working gate. (ive only gotten the boring no-invasion versions so far ) Inside the L-cluster is a nanite factory that controls the nanites. Once you kill it, you stop the fleets and you get nanite tech you can use to terraform the nanite planets in the l-cluster.
    Last edited by Joshua Foiritain; May 28 2018 at 07:32:35 PM.

idk

Spoiler:
    Opened a gayt and nanofags started poring through all others. My gate worked fine but nanites couldnt go through it. I already had 2 76k fleets on hand so just bottled the factory system (it's the central triple star one) before strengthening them enough for proper assault on their ~250k. Biggest mistake - open borders with other faggots and only 2-3 science ships on hand.

I'd build like TEN before going in the L because there is a 60% chance the exploring one dies almost instantly and you have to advance pretty fast so AI gets to survey them first if you don't.

2.1.1 beta is available through your launcher of choice. Among other things, it fixes the broken Brain Slug research leader bonus.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-9b49.1101941/

So i always crash and burn on turn based games (i call them games where i ultimately get confuse, with no idea what i am doing and quit) - the only one ive ever put any time in to was endless space (1) really. (i call gal civ, gal confusion).

But me and wife have just had our first child - and dam it i need a game to play that i can take my time with and play one handed. I own this apparently (yet another purchase of a turn based game i was hoping would teach me how to play). I bought it on release so just have the base game - i see there is a fuck tone of DLC now available are any of the DLC's considered important pickups for a causal scub with NFI what he is doing?

any help really appreciated (also any suggestions outside of this for a simple turn based space empire builder that i can use to learn also appreciated).

Thanks duders :-)
    Dont dam me when i speak a piece of mind; cause silence isnt golden when i am holding it inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I always read your name as tinder-mom

Quote Originally Posted by Trindermon View Post
    So i always crash and burn on turn based games (i call them games where i ultimately get confuse, with no idea what i am doing and quit) - the only one ive ever put any time in to was endless space (1) really. (i call gal civ, gal confusion).

But me and wife have just had our first child - and dam it i need a game to play that i can take my time with and play one handed. I own this apparently (yet another purchase of a turn based game i was hoping would teach me how to play). I bought it on release so just have the base game - i see there is a fuck tone of DLC now available are any of the DLC's considered important pickups for a causal scub with NFI what he is doing?

any help really appreciated (also any suggestions outside of this for a simple turn based space empire builder that i can use to learn also appreciated).

Thanks duders :-)
    It's not turn based but real time. You can pause it at any time though.

The base game is enough for now to get a handle on things. Synthetic Dawn allows you to play machine civilizations, so that may be interesting.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

I recommend Leviathans and Utopia as the best two expansions for unlocking what will later feel like base parts of the game.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    It's not turn based but real time. You can pause it at any time though.
    well dont i just feel like a massive clown :-)
    Dont dam me when i speak a piece of mind; cause silence isnt golden when i am holding it inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I always read your name as tinder-mom

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    I recommend Leviathans and Utopia as the best two expansions for unlocking what will later feel like base parts of the game.
    synthetic dawn also offers a lot for the cost the robot playstyles are pretty different from the base options