hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 198 of 206 FirstFirst ... 98148188195196197198199200201 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,960 of 4115

Thread: Stellaris - space grand strategy in space, from Paradox (in space).

  1. #3941
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    8,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Devouring Swarm is pretty broken.

    Made a Zerg-ish race, Very strong, fast breeding. Using Legion and Devouring swarm traits. 50 years in killed of 2 neigbours have 12 planet systems (2 sectors) 2x40 corvette fleet running around murdering everything and gets 120-ish minerals and energy a month.

    Fleet capacity atm at 178 (4 anchorages)
    corvettes early game are pretty hard for the AI to counter, and if you get the pain going early enough they're never able to recover

    i've been playing with donating food frequently and often to people i want to conquer. they end up not developing their farms because :AI: and then you stop sending food, and they all die.


  2. #3942
    Swiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3, 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,201
    Paradox sale at the minute if anyone wants to pick up something

    https://www.paradoxplaza.com/on-sale/

  3. #3943
    DevilDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiss View Post
    Paradox sale at the minute if anyone wants to pick up something

    https://www.paradoxplaza.com/on-sale/
    timed right on payday even

  4. #3944
    Lady Spank's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Get Out Nasty Face
    Posts
    5,022
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiss View Post
    Paradox sale at the minute if anyone wants to pick up something

    https://www.paradoxplaza.com/on-sale/
    timed right on payday even
    Those fucking cunts, I agree ~___________~
      Spoiler:



    (ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

  5. #3945
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,297
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    i've been playing with donating food frequently and often to people i want to conquer. they end up not developing their farms because :AI: and then you stop sending food, and they all die.

    That is taking being a space-cunt to a whole new level. I'm impressed.

  6. #3946
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    8,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    i've been playing with donating food frequently and often to people i want to conquer. they end up not developing their farms because :AI: and then you stop sending food, and they all die.

    That is taking being a space-cunt to a whole new level. I'm impressed.
    even better as i'm doing it as a father ted themed nation

    HOW DO YOU LIKE FAMINES NOW HEY

  7. #3947
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    5,450
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    i've been playing with donating food frequently and often to people i want to conquer. they end up not developing their farms because :AI: and then you stop sending food, and they all die.

    That is taking being a space-cunt to a whole new level. I'm impressed.
    even better as i'm doing it as a father ted themed nation

    HOW DO YOU LIKE FAMINES NOW HEY
    lmao that's golden.

  8. #3948

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Embracing Mediocrity
    Posts
    2,772
    Is any DLC considered a "must have" or is the base game good enough for a start?

  9. #3949
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    8,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Is any DLC considered a "must have" or is the base game good enough for a start?
    i'd say utopia for sure for the megastructures (buildable dyson spheres/ringworlds etc) but yeah, base game is fine. there's a sale on dlc atm.

  10. #3950
    Swiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3, 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Is any DLC considered a "must have" or is the base game good enough for a start?
    For Stellaris, I don't know if I'd put any of them in "must have" at the moment. Base game is probably grand if you want to start out - Paradox seems to have learned from the fallout of their EU4 Common Sense DLC debacle.

    But certainly Utopia is the best one for megastructures and perks, and I'd say on sale Leviathans is cheap enough to easily justify if for nothing else but the War in Heaven mechanic.

    Apocalypse is a bit light on content, mainly because they gave most of the stuff away in the free patch so you could easily wait for a sale. Synthetic Dawn is great but only really matters if you're playing as machine empires.
    Last edited by Swiss; March 31 2018 at 09:19:35 AM.

  11. #3951
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    9,274
    This fucking patch.

    Load my game and I'm only generating 18 Unity/month instead of the 35 I was doing previously. So many little things...

    - Right off the bat, I'm running -23 energy/month. Thankfully, I knew this was coming and I had a bunch of planets I could build mining stations on quickly. Currently running +10/month.
    - One of my traditions in the Discovery tree that I previously took was now deselected, so I had to spend a tradition to get it back.
    - Said tradition (assist research) doesn't work.
    - Assist Research no longer generates Unity.
    - Surveying planets no longer generates research EXP.
    - All the tradition costs have skyrocketed.
    - The Empires tab has gone backward, and is now a ghost town. I enjoyed having all those relationship details right there.

    I swear, 2.0.2 feels like a bigger change than 2.0. Why does Paradox hate their customers?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  12. #3952
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    9,274
    This fucking patch.

    Load my game and I'm only generating 18 Unity/month instead of the 35 I was doing previously. So many little things...

    - Right off the bat, I'm running -23 energy/month. Thankfully, I knew this was coming and I had a bunch of planets I could build mining stations on quickly. Currently running +10/month.
    - One of my traditions in the Discovery tree that I previously took was now deselected, so I had to spend a tradition to get it back.
    - Said tradition (assist research) doesn't work.
    - Assist Research no longer generates Unity.
    - Surveying planets no longer generates research EXP.
    - All the tradition costs have skyrocketed.
    - The Empires tab has gone backward, and is now a ghost town. I enjoyed having all those relationship details right there.

    I swear, 2.0.2 feels like a bigger change than 2.0. Why does Paradox hate their customers?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  13. #3953
    Skeptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7, 2011
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    This fucking patch.

    Load my game and I'm only generating 18 Unity/month instead of the 35 I was doing previously. So many little things...

    - Right off the bat, I'm running -23 energy/month. Thankfully, I knew this was coming and I had a bunch of planets I could build mining stations on quickly. Currently running +10/month.
    - One of my traditions in the Discovery tree that I previously took was now deselected, so I had to spend a tradition to get it back.
    - Said tradition (assist research) doesn't work.
    - Assist Research no longer generates Unity.
    - Surveying planets no longer generates research EXP.
    - All the tradition costs have skyrocketed.
    - The Empires tab has gone backward, and is now a ghost town. I enjoyed having all those relationship details right there.

    I swear, 2.0.2 feels like a bigger change than 2.0. Why does Paradox hate their customers?
    Its only relevant to your own game and game setup. I can only assume you were focusing on Unity? Tall empire with Discovery first?

    - Still have absolutely no problems with power, swimming in the shit with pretty much 100% uptimes on all buffs and edicts. Do you have Spaceports and Trade Ports entirely seperated? Trade ports in planet systems should really be 6x Trade, offworld trade, silos, blacksite (possibly Hydroponics with food to minerals deals?)
    - Discovery was never a good first option for anything other than tall empires and after that its not nearly as useful as most other traditions imo.
    - also Trade minerals for food (enclave), lol.
    Last edited by Skeptic; March 31 2018 at 11:56:46 AM.

  14. #3954
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    9,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    Its only relevant to your own game and game setup. I can only assume you were focusing on Unity? Tall empire with Discovery first?
    ye
    - Discovery was never a good first option for anything other than tall empires and after that its not nearly as useful as most other traditions imo.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  15. #3955
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiss View Post
    Synthetic Dawn is great but only really matters if you're playing as machine empires.
    I keep saying it, but Synthetic Dawn has multiple QoL things too! The extra music and voice packs alone are worth it IMHO, even if you never do anything with machine empires (although it adds some additional machine-related content too if you're not playing one yourself).

    That said, this is definitely an "I've played the game for a while and know I'll enjoy it" DLC, not a starter must-have.

  16. #3956
    Kraken's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2013
    Posts
    983
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiss View Post
    Synthetic Dawn is great but only really matters if you're playing as machine empires.
    I keep saying it, but Synthetic Dawn has multiple QoL things too! The extra music and voice packs alone are worth it IMHO, even if you never do anything with machine empires (although it adds some additional machine-related content too if you're not playing one yourself).

    That said, this is definitely an "I've played the game for a while and know I'll enjoy it" DLC, not a starter must-have.
    I have all the DLC except the plant and human skin packs, All I know, it builds on exisiting stuff, adds a few more layers, im happy with it all. I've sank many hours into the game, no complaints.

    Once 2.0.2 becomes 2.nobugs then ill start playing a bunch more.

    Im not used at all to having so few ships now! and getting from A to B in my strech of empire is major AIDS. I guess I need to have more fleets, but my fleet power is already so gimped against simple things like crystals or whathaveyou

  17. #3957
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    12,296
    stations with anchorages.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  18. #3958
    DevilDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,722
    So I started a new game for the patch, I don't think I've ever snowballed this hard before, I just had my first admiral die at 227 years old, she was the goddess of corvette spam Level 9 with the traits Trickster, Gale Wind, Fleet Logistician, Psychic, and Dragonslayer at the end. Also fucking around with the shroud alot, I think they've done some stealth improvements since last I did a psionic run, I've run into a bunch of events I haven't seen before, One that I got twice, first time made a governor's head explode and generated a giant psychich ship that killed an Enclave in my space (oops) the other turned the Heir to the throne into the Chosen one, giving +1 influence per month and making her immortal.

  19. #3959
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    5,450
    Contingency is hilariously hard to counter. Think this playthrough will have a galaxy wipe.

  20. #3960
    Dorvil Barranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,995
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post
    So I started a new game for the patch, I don't think I've ever snowballed this hard before, I just had my first admiral die at 227 years old, she was the goddess of corvette spam Level 9 with the traits Trickster, Gale Wind, Fleet Logistician, Psychic, and Dragonslayer at the end. Also fucking around with the shroud alot, I think they've done some stealth improvements since last I did a psionic run, I've run into a bunch of events I haven't seen before, One that I got twice, first time made a governor's head explode and generated a giant psychich ship that killed an Enclave in my space (oops) the other turned the Heir to the throne into the Chosen one, giving +1 influence per month and making her immortal.
    Is the psychic ship the corrupted avatar? I've seen that one before, where you try for a space avatar but get a monster instead.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •