hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 180 of 182 FirstFirst ... 80130170177178179180181182 LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,600 of 3639

Thread: Stellaris - space grand strategy in space, from Paradox (in space).

  1. #3581
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    ive been playing with the bradbury beta
    Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  2. #3582
    Kraken's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2013
    Posts
    850
    i thought it had fixes for some bugs etc, and ive been playing a few MP games and this says its better for connections now?
    http://www.stellariswiki.com/Patch_1.7.X

    but im inclined to roll it back

  3. #3583
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,186
    M8...

    Current Adams build is 1.7.2 minus the new buggy MP code. They rolled it back a while ago because some users couldn't launch the game anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  4. #3584
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    28,894
    Star Trek New Horizons beta is now out according to their facebook. They also have a sub-mod now to get round the 2GB Steam limit which has high res loading screens, music and other stuff. Also a Borg UI mod.



  5. #3585
    Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2012
    Posts
    20,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    i thought it had fixes for some bugs etc, and ive been playing a few MP games and this says its better for connections now?
    http://www.stellariswiki.com/Patch_1.7.X

    but im inclined to roll it back
    Oh now i get it either.

  6. #3586
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Star Trek New Horizons beta is now out according to their facebook. They also have a sub-mod now to get round the 2GB Steam limit which has high res loading screens, music and other stuff. Also a Borg UI mod.
    It's the only reason I play Stellaris now.

  7. #3587
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    28,894
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Star Trek New Horizons beta is now out according to their facebook. They also have a sub-mod now to get round the 2GB Steam limit which has high res loading screens, music and other stuff. Also a Borg UI mod.
    It's the only reason I play Stellaris now.
    Yeah it's really shaping up well with some cool mechanics and story stuff. I started off a Borg campaign last night. Still early days, you have to assimilate to expand so lots of fighting.



  8. #3588
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,186
    The amount of scripted stuff New Horizons manages to pull off is making me reconsider my shelved idea for a Twilight Imperium mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  9. #3589
    Caldrion Dosto's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19, 2011
    Posts
    1,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    The amount of scripted stuff New Horizons manages to pull off is making me reconsider my shelved idea for a Twilight Imperium mod.
    Ohh i wanna play a twilight imperium mod =)

  10. #3590
    Donor Nu11u5's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8, 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    The amount of scripted stuff New Horizons manages to pull off is making me reconsider my shelved idea for a Twilight Imperium mod.
    Ohh i wanna play a twilight imperium mod =)
    Fourth Edition just had a pre-release and changes things up. For one, tech upgrades are per unit type, and trade is based on being neighbors. Politics always happens (instead of being a Strategy Card) and is "unlocked" once Mecatol Rex is controlled. The mod would need to have some kind of forced diplomacy with voting events.

  11. #3591
    Dorvil Barranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,259
    I thought Stellaris had considered some sort of galactic council thing down the road, but maybe that was just a fan theory?
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang


  12. #3592
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Nu11u5 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    The amount of scripted stuff New Horizons manages to pull off is making me reconsider my shelved idea for a Twilight Imperium mod.
    Ohh i wanna play a twilight imperium mod =)
    Fourth Edition just had a pre-release and changes things up. For one, tech upgrades are per unit type, and trade is based on being neighbors. Politics always happens (instead of being a Strategy Card) and is "unlocked" once Mecatol Rex is controlled. The mod would need to have some kind of forced diplomacy with voting events.
    You know the science summit event that's in one of the More Events mods? I was thinking something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  13. #3593
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    12,355
    I'll have a look at the New Horizons mod changes once I finish my current game with my religious xenophobic autocratic Krikit race. I run Bent's mod list. One event chain turned my home star into a black hole and all worlds in that system into tomb worlds. And gave the pops on my home planet tomb world habitability. Ten planets in my home system, half with 20+ tiles. All other planet types 65% habitability.

    Totally not OP.

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  14. #3594

    Join Date
    February 2, 2012
    Posts
    285
    I was playing the New Horizons mod, my Cardassians were at the point where I was reasonably confident that I could steamroller the Bajorans.
    The update to that mod seems to have stripped out some of the ship models, Majel's voice & non-military ships have been stripped of any fittings. (yes, I have the new content mod too)
    I don't know if a restart will fix any of it but this update seems like a massive step backwards to me.

  15. #3595
    Skeptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7, 2011
    Posts
    428
    Played a few games of this over the past month but most of the time just a bit tired of the hit or miss aspect of most games. Also playing with a decent sized mod list granted, crashing after 100 or so years is not fun.

    Star Trek mod was fun but in my first Fed game the Borg got whipped early and I lost interest. Reading its 50/50 chance of them getting good, not enough imo. Would obv be an issue for games with starts close to them but meh, fuck em.

  16. #3596
    Straight Hustlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    9,806
    Been playing ST:New Horizons, been pretty damn fun so far. But as Skeptic said the borgs are laughably weak. They have very strong individual ships, but they are crazy expensive, and use a ton of fleet limit; so basically they are completely fucked by the way combat mechanics work in the game. Just for an example, my fleet of 3 Spheres and 5 patrol-brick-corvette things is about 100 fleet limit, and costed around 10k minerals, with a combat strength of around 2.3k.

    It got utterly but raped by a kazon fleet of ~20 frigates with 1.2k fleet strength......

  17. #3597
    Brockosaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21, 2013
    Posts
    557
    Interesting but helpful bug - I integrated a Hive Mind while in a brutal defensive war, and they didn't start to auto purge until I had fought hard for a white peace, giving me time to position ships for recolonization of their worlds as planned.

    Edit: the wardec came when the integration was nearly complete

    Double edit: I had to savescum back to mid-war due to misplaying the recolonization (lost the best system to other neighbours). Turns out they don't start auto-purging until I check the Species Rights page, which sets them to be exterminated. GG.
    Last edited by Brockosaurus; September 1 2017 at 11:35:29 PM.
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

  18. #3598
    jadefalcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Been playing ST:New Horizons, been pretty damn fun so far. But as Skeptic said the borgs are laughably weak. They have very strong individual ships, but they are crazy expensive, and use a ton of fleet limit; so basically they are completely fucked by the way combat mechanics work in the game. Just for an example, my fleet of 3 Spheres and 5 patrol-brick-corvette things is about 100 fleet limit, and costed around 10k minerals, with a combat strength of around 2.3k.

    It got utterly but raped by a kazon fleet of ~20 frigates with 1.2k fleet strength......
    Mhmm, I tried this mod out since you guys were talking about it.

    Played borg on my first run as well, my only problem was the Krenim which was annoying but never did declare war. I actually never got declared on, even with the Devore, Zhal and Voth around me to the north and north west. South was empty, but with borg unable to colonize planets, it was moot. Put up a few frontier outposts etc - it was pretty empty.

    Slowly, I built up 3 unicomplexes, hub to delta. Got annoyed it was only capped at 3 unicomplexes, nooooo. Researched diamonds to play with...expensive as fuck, but the fleet officer governor makes it a bit better (last i recall it was spheres at 2.5k, diamonds at 3.3k and cubes at 9k). No one declared war and i had 50k fleet strength. The Vidiians and Talaxians were weak, so I decided to go over them to see what I could do as my first war. Wargoals said assimilate planets, so hmm okay. Put in a few...Walked all over them as expected. And I had no idea I could get planets that way, like...assimilation turns them in your colonised planets! Ouhhh so i'm like the Prethoryn Scouyrge, cool.

    Got cubes not long after, built 4 - holy fuck 47k fleet strength for each one with 12k hull?! - The Devore went from superior to pathetic once i got 5 cubes. Energy going out the window, but I assimilated 1/3 of their empire, about 12 planets worth. Next step is probably going to go kill off the Krenim Alliance of dicks. Borg is pretty fun so far!
    Lurker. *cloaks*
    EVE - Jadefalcon3r Pryde // Elite Dangerous - CMDR Jenna McDougall // MWO - Voxsera Hazen // STO - reivaxalis@voxsera

  19. #3599
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    28,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Been playing ST:New Horizons, been pretty damn fun so far. But as Skeptic said the borgs are laughably weak. They have very strong individual ships, but they are crazy expensive, and use a ton of fleet limit; so basically they are completely fucked by the way combat mechanics work in the game. Just for an example, my fleet of 3 Spheres and 5 patrol-brick-corvette things is about 100 fleet limit, and costed around 10k minerals, with a combat strength of around 2.3k.

    It got utterly but raped by a kazon fleet of ~20 frigates with 1.2k fleet strength......
    It should be possible to make huge amounts of minerals easily as the Borg. I'm about 100 years into my campaign with them and have three fully upgraded unicomplex and produce almost 600 minerals per month and can support massive fleet and easily rebuild losses. Also you should just invade as many planets as you can in wars as you assimilate them and gain instant control and the enemy can never take it back.

    The AI might well be shit at playing them.



  20. #3600
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,186
    So when the fuck are we doing another FHC game?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •