hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 196 of 206 FirstFirst ... 96146186193194195196197198199 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,920 of 4110

Thread: Stellaris - space grand strategy in space, from Paradox (in space).

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentguru View Post
    it seems to take about that long to build up enough infrastructure and fully settle your own planets.
    It's also enough to research the jumpdrive
    The jumpdrive isnt an end game tech like it used to be because of the new mechanics with how it is used.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentguru View Post
    it seems to take about that long to build up enough infrastructure and fully settle your own planets.
    It's also enough to research the jumpdrive
    The jumpdrive isnt an end game tech like it used to be because of the new mechanics with how it is used.
    So? It still obsoletes half the chokepoints.

Sorry for the shitpost but i really wanna play this game a bit more and I noticed that some DLCs are on sale this weekend. Last time I played, Utopia was about to come out. So that was quite long ago.

1) How is the mid-late game, space battles etc? In other words, has much changed and has Paradox managed to fix the worst issues with the game?
    2) Should I pick Utopia, Synthetic Down or both? Thinking about grabbing Utopia. Apocalypse looks sweet, but I'll wait for that one to be on sale tbh.
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrehl View Post
    Sorry for the shitpost but i really wanna play this game a bit more and I noticed that some DLCs are on sale this weekend. Last time I played, Utopia was about to come out. So that was quite long ago.

1) How is the mid-late game, space battles etc? In other words, has much changed and has Paradox managed to fix the worst issues with the game?
    2) Should I pick Utopia, Synthetic Down or both? Thinking about grabbing Utopia. Apocalypse looks sweet, but I'll wait for that one to be on sale tbh.
    1) i like it, but mono fleets (and really corvettes and BB's only) are still king
    2) utopia for sure, megastructures are fun. synthetic dawn is mostly only for playing robots, although there are some nice QoL changes too; https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Synthetic_Dawn

>not running all the DLCs
    why

Can't imagine playing without the militant VIR tbh.

Traditions are still bollocks imo but everything else is looking good.
    Last edited by RazoR; March 11 2018 at 04:25:34 PM.

I dont want to be a robot, so no robot dlc

I dont see the need to blow up planets, so no apocalypse dlc

Game is still gud. Love the new changes even if I don't fully get what is going on at the moment mechanics wise.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post

Game is still gud. Love the new changes even if I don't fully get what is going on at the moment mechanics wise.
    gives you titans (fleet auras, turbo battleship with max of 3 per empire at the mo) and some neat (but very late game) unity edicts https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/E...nity_Ambitions

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post

gives you titans (fleet auras, turbo battleship with max of 3 per empire at the mo) and some neat (but very late game) unity edicts https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/E...nity_Ambitions
    And also Marauders that'll turn up with a fleet several times the size of yours and wreck your shit.
    I've turned them off for my current game, I don't mind losing to an enemy empire but an overly thought out random event can forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Netjerenbau View Post

And also Marauders that'll turn up with a fleet several times the size of yours and wreck your shit.
    I've turned them off for my current game, I don't mind losing to an enemy empire but an overly thought out random event can forget it.
    yeah i've turned them off too, although apparently in 2.02 they don't wreck everyones stuff, only the target of their raids now.

yeah i've turned them off too, although apparently in 2.02 they don't wreck everyones stuff, only the target of their raids now.
    That wouldn't have helped my last game, I was the only guy anywhere near them.
    I just splashed out on the Plantoid cosmetic pack, hopefully the Monster Minds will do better.

2.02 beta player here.

Marauders are fine now, they only wreck the shit of the people they're targeting and the whole "great khan" thing is massively better than the war in heaven.

a bastion chokepoint and a decent fleet will send them running away like little girls, they raid with 10k fleet power for the vast majority of the game.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    2.02 beta player here.

Marauders are fine now, they only wreck the shit of the people they're targeting and the whole "great khan" thing is massively better than the war in heaven.

a bastion chokepoint and a decent fleet will send them running away like little girls, they raid with 10k fleet power for the vast majority of the game.
    I haven't been playing this for long. By Bastion you just mean a Starbase with defences, yes? I'll admit I was neglecting defence.

2.02 beta player here.

I haven't been playing this for long. By Bastion you just mean a Starbase with defences, yes? I'll admit I was neglecting defence.
    yes, i usually expand to chokepoints and stuff a bastion down there, they've got the same amount of firepower as a 100'ish FP fleet.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

2.02 beta player here.

yes, i usually expand to chokepoints and stuff a bastion down there, they've got the same amount of firepower as a 100'ish FP fleet.
    Thanks. I assume there are techs to expand past the basic 3 defence platforms, I've spawned near the end of a spiral arm so getting chokepoints should be easy enough.

2.02 beta player here.

same, image i posted earlier i've got my entire space basically defended by 3 chokepoints, 2 of which are now redundant for the moment. really helps you ignore chasing pirates in the early game etc

2.02 beta player here.

Thanks. I assume there are techs to expand past the basic 3 defence platforms, I've spawned near the end of a spiral arm so getting chokepoints should be easy enough.
    Wait until you've upgraded them to Citadel, gave them Ion Canons (may be limited to the expansion) and just wreck incoming fleets on their own.
    nevar forget

2.02 beta player here.

upgrading gives more defence platforms, there's a rare tech that adds a building with more platform support as well, and of course once you hit titans they get ion cannons. maxed stations+ascenion perk supports 3 ion cannons and 5 platforms, ion cannons oneshot cruisers and usually 2 shot battleships.
    Viking, n.:

2.02 beta player here.

each upgrade to the station allows more defense platforms, and you upgrade them just like ships (in the designer). there's also an ascension perk iirc that gives you more platforms. they do however become less relevant in late game, but can buy you time to get a fleet in position. ftl inhibitors are standard once you have the tech too, no need for a specific module.

note you can't design the weapons/shields/armour etc the station actually carries, but these autoupgrade to best tech. shame though

Thanks for the recommendations, I snatched Utopia and together with the Leviathan pack I should have everything I need. Any suggestions about map size and galaxy type? I always liked huge maps, but Ive never tried the spiral galaxies. Also any advice regarding starting race config would be nice
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrehl View Post
    Thanks for the recommendations, I snatched Utopia and together with the Leviathan pack I should have everything I need. Any suggestions about map size and galaxy type? I always liked huge maps, but Ive never tried the spiral galaxies. Also any advice regarding starting race config would be nice
    medium spirals, hyperlanes at 1 or 0.75

i'm enjoying playing smallish with a fanatic materialist race at the mo and just rushing tech

if you go spiral, fingers crossed you start at the end of an arm and then you can just block off a nice bit of space (claim the systems, don't worry about really using them yet), fortify your borders and then you get left alone for a little bit to grow.