hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 187 of 203 FirstFirst ... 87137177184185186187188189190197 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,740 of 4051

Thread: Stellaris - space grand strategy in space, from Paradox (in space).

Endless Space 2 bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Missiles are quite competitive now. Yes they have a hard counter but have retargetting now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My last full play through on Hard was with missiles only. Defeated entire galaxy and final crises (Contingency) with nothing but missiles.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

So after doing the One Planet Strat... Why ever play colonise a planet again?

The snowballing is real. Actually a lot of fun too, gives you plenty to do in the early game rather than sit there and wait on your colonies to get running.

I'm guessing the one planet strat will get nerfed, it's far too strong.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    explanation please

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    explanation please
    Not empty quotin'

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/c...anet_strategy/

The theory is that since science and culture growth is mostly negatively affected by extra colonies, you can sack off all those extra colonies and just use outposts to secure borders. With correct empire set up and traditions management, you can rush certain science cards and get mega structures by about 2250 and then you're just so far ahead of the AI it doesn't matter what you do.

It's no good in multiplayer, since your raw fleet strength won't be that amazing.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Seems like if you optimize it (race setup etc, use the path laid out above) you are playing pretty much a one-trick pony just to stomp a singleplayer campaign.

Which means i should try it out, since i havent really stomped anything yet :P

Would the fix be to add scaling cost to mining/research stations? Some kind of "administrative cost multiplier" fluff maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Seems like if you optimize it (race setup etc, use the path laid out above) you are playing pretty much a one-trick pony just to stomp a singleplayer campaign.

Which means i should try it out, since i havent really stomped anything yet :P

Would the fix be to add scaling cost to mining/research stations? Some kind of "administrative cost multiplier" fluff maybe.
    Some form of scaling per colony should do the trick. You could get a couple of stations for base cost per colony and after that you could get some runaway scaling making it prohibitly expensive very fast.

surely it makes running a fleet a real pain in the ass though? no planets, no stations

Doesn't matter against AI, you're so far ahead in tech that your small fleet stays equivalent to theirs, and it's fleet power above all else that the AI will use to determine whether or not they can war you.

Plus you put a lot of effort into remaining friends with everyone. And you can turn your only planet into a death star fairly easily since you'll have Fortresses by about 2240. The AI rarely, if ever, attacks a frontier outpost.

Pretty much. Because the AI only seems to judge your strength on your overall "power", you usually get something like this:

Spoiler:

And since you have Fortress tech so early you set up some horrible nightmare on your one planet.

Spoiler:

By the time they can deal with that, you'll already have Galactic Force Projection and nearly all non-repeatable techs completed. Honestly if the AI attacked Frontier Outposts at all, this would be 10x harder and not so absurd.

What mod is that? You can't currently build military stations that close together can you?

As to if it will be nerfed, I believe in 2.0 the tech and unity penalties are switching to systems, not colonies and pops. So won't work the same soon.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Unmodded, I think the fields give them the illusion they're closer than they are.

AI and combat have always been the bottlenecks for PDS gaymes.

Cherryh DLC announced: Apocalypse

Featuring:

Planetkillers
    Player Titans
    Orbital 'Ion' Cannons
    Marauder space nomads
    New ascension perks + civics

Titans dev diary: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...oyers.1064560/

tried a SP game last night for the first time in a long time

did my usual get 4-5 core systems, blob and tech up a bit and then rolled into an 'equivalent' neighbour (on all stats) with my 12k of battleships and so on

he counter jumps in 30k of BS and cruiser

gg evening

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    Cherryh DLC announced: Apocalypse

Featuring:

Planetkillers
    Player Titans
    Orbital 'Ion' Cannons
    Marauder space nomads
    New ascension perks + civics

Titans dev diary: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...oyers.1064560/

did my usual get 4-5 core systems, blob and tech up a bit and then rolled into an 'equivalent' neighbour (on all stats) with my 12k of battleships and so on

gg evening
    Did you try scouting Although having all four indicators as equivalent and running into a 30k fleet is insane.

Also Cruisers are definitely the new meta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gg evening
    It's gotten tougher in the newer builds, you really need to be on point with your econ and specifically mineral income to be able to match AI fleets.