hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 231 of 234 FirstFirst ... 131181221228229230231232233234 LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,620 of 4665

Thread: Stellaris - Fully Manual Austerity Hetro Space Capitalism

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    please god, let me be able to play till end game without horrendous performance reductions to 1 day every 2seconds.
    mate ur CPU must really suck
    4770k, its at 4.5ghz per core, i dont think stellaris makes great use of multithreading. I'd have thought it should be pretty decent. I tend to build quite a few gateways, and from what i read that slows down the game massively due to trade and other calculations suddendly having to think of addiitonal routing. Also i like a large 800 or 1000 galaxy with 20-30 empires for a nice variety. just popwise the boom really grinds it down too.
    I've experienced a lot of games with fewer empires are poopy due to getting a quite a few zenophobe type empires which all behave the same. makes it a pain trying to play as anything which requires diplomacy such as megacorp etc.
    WELL

i have 3820 at stock 3.6 so guess i just don't notice it

Take a look at the timelapse between 2.6 and previous versions above to see a hopeful boost to performance. I'm getting this due to wanting to not go crazy during this time, I hope it's good and ready.

So because its 4 cores but 8 threads, maybe that hurts more than if it was an i5.

greedy CPU calculating game.

Spoiler:

In other news, Voidborne is HARD to play. you run out of space for pops pretty quickly and have a lot of unemployment. 3x growth but 15% growth penalty as you start on 3 habs. bonkers pop.
    Its diffucult to balance resources as a result. Throw some robots in the mix and its just chaos. Robots take up less space though. Tricky.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    So because its 4 cores but 8 threads, maybe that hurts more than if it was an i5.

No kidding. The game was lagging hard on my R5 3600 (6C/12T) last few days. Hope the patch fixes that.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

I was hoping to get more Origins, having the Utopia and Synthetic Dawn DLC. Maybe I need to play a synth race to see them.

Envoys and federation changes are welcome, as is the galactic community. There are subtle changes to the civics and traditions, mostly relating to administrative capacity.

One thing I would like to see: a diplomatic option called Recognize Borders (requires non-aggression pact as prerequisite, prohibits you from making claims on their systems, but eliminates border friction entirely, hefty penalty for rescinding).
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Why the fuck did my influence magically go to -4 in the middle of the game? It's been a year since I played is this some feature now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Why the fuck did my influence magically go to -4 in the middle of the game? It's been a year since I played is this some feature now?
    if you hover over the influence, it tells you what makes up the figure to see what the sudden negative outgoing is made up of. maybe your factions suddenly hate you.

I had no idea that faction promotion and supression did that, no tool tip easily readable. Just loaded up an older save and lost a war I won before the influence tanked but at least my whole empire didn't shut down in a cascade of failures due to one resource shortage lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    I had no idea that faction promotion and supression did that, no tool tip easily readable. Just loaded up an older save and lost a war I won before the influence tanked but at least my whole empire didn't shut down in a cascade of failures due to one resource shortage lol.
    Need to start a new game for things to work properly. While you're at it, adjust the civics and species traits of all empires you've designed. There are some notable changes. Technocracy remains a superior ethic for...well, everyone, really.

Spoiler:

In other news, Voidborne is HARD to play. you run out of space for pops pretty quickly and have a lot of unemployment. 3x growth but 15% growth penalty as you start on 3 habs. bonkers pop.
    Its diffucult to balance resources as a result. Throw some robots in the mix and its just chaos. Robots take up less space though. Tricky.
    Isn't there a mod that changes pop growth to decay as space runs out on your planets/habs? Might be worth a look once its updated for 2.6.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenar Rumanev View Post

Spoiler:

Isn't there a mod that changes pop growth to decay as space runs out on your planets/habs? Might be worth a look once its updated for 2.6.
    More importantly it boosts growth before that.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1922397818

It's an excellent mod and it wasn't even clipped by the update because nothing in pop growth mechanics changed.

Yeah it's LITERALLY unplayable without carrying capacity.

Spoiler:

You're doing it wrong, play voidborn with lithoids they grow slower but have other advantages, for instance you get 50% habitibility on all worlds so you can colonize anything you see, and the three habitats actually mitigates their population growth disadvantage by letting you grow three pops at once from go. Rush alloys as hard as you fucking can and you can start building habitats by ~25 years in, you need to start by selling resources to get minerals so you can build mining districts and then resetling pops you aren't using to get minerals going then building forges as soon as you can (on a different station). The best way I've seen to play it is to use megacorp govt. type that way you can boost resources through branch offices, taking civics for extra envoys helps with that and you can force trade with practically anyone. Set your trade policy to marketplace of ideas and rush down expansion to grab what you need and boost pop growth and then take diplo second to form a trade league for the OP trade policy. Ascension perks go for one vision/technological ascendency and then voidborn for your second (you should be running out of districts by 2nd perk). Once the galactic community forms push through the politics and culture > The Greater good line of resolutions to get "greater than ourselves" this gives you an edict that causes pops to resettle themselves to where the jobs are. Once you get to that point you should be shitting out habitats constantly, no need to grab planets you just need to save up the influence but since your not blobbing out that's easy, just keep colonizing the habitats and making more jobs the pops will go to them as long as you have the edict up. It requires a lot of micro at the start but it can be rediculously powerful, the only thing that's better is the shattered ring and even then I'm still out teching GA-AI pretty easily.

Other tips; make sure to specialize stations, if you build one over a resource don't fuck with districts other than the ones you get for that resource, you can build stations over empty planets for forges/factories/refineries; If you go with the above style, do not accept migration treaties for any reason, even other lithoids will end up sending you squishy fucks that demand food which can be really bad if you don't colonize any planets because you can't buy it off the market until you're producing it yourself and lithoids don't know what food is for or how to make it unless you get lucky and find a planet with some agri districts; this style can work with a bunch of plays but in general it works best as a tall play, you could legit take like 5 systems and still crush with it.
    Last edited by DevilDude; March 21 2020 at 10:23:01 AM.

Current run is Gateway in home system origin, as you might expect it gives you earlier access to gateway tech, as well as some randomized events.

Spoiler:

Early on, you'll get some free minerals or alloys, and some space amoebas to give you Regenerative Hull Tissue tech.

But then around 20 years in a random event came along, which I hadn't seen in some other short runs. A solar flare came through the gateway and destroyed every generator district on Earth and created a bunch of instability. I had to declare martial law, which meant not only was I negative on energy, I was also negative on food and minerals as well.

This very nearly killed my run, as my other planets weren't self-sufficient yet. Selling my entire alloy output for almost 2 years and enacting edicts to adopt a crisis economy I managed to scrape along long enough to rebuild.

Thankfully I had arranged for 2 defensive pacts with an advanced start empire of friendly birds to my north, and their lost colony sister empire to my south. Otherwise I probably would have been food for the swarm licking their lips 1 jump from Alpha Centauri.

Eventually I was able to recover and come out ahead in my first defensive war, and now I'm the strongest member of a 3-empire Martial Alliance that I fondly refer to as the "Spicy Chicken Sandwich".

has anyone else been watching the youtubers stellaris showcase of the new DLC? all different origins and types given to different stellaris streamers.
    its quite entertaining

Running the ringworld origins. I'm swimming in research, the op'est of the origins tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Running the ringworld origins. I'm swimming in research, the op'est of the origins tbh.
    Heh give Scion a whirl.

Which DLC do you need to get that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Which DLC do you need to get that?
    Utopia (with Federations) I bet, since Utopia added megastructures.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Heh give Scion a whirl.

Lmao that's disgusting.