hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 210 of 214 FirstFirst ... 110160200207208209210211212213 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,200 of 4262

Thread: Stellaris - Fully Manual Austerity Hetro Space Capitalism

I will be doing a one planet run since it's actually viable now.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post
    I'm extremely tempted to make a fanatic authoritarian megacorp with megachurch and criminal heritage and name it the church of scientology.
    And then one of the fallen empires is called the Galactic Confederacy and you end up playing in a universe where hubbard was right.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post
    I'm extremely tempted to make a fanatic authoritarian megacorp with megachurch and criminal heritage and name it the church of scientology.
    And then one of the fallen empires is called the Galactic Confederacy and you end up playing in a universe where hubbard was right.

Someone explain something to me. I havent touched Stellaris in... a very long time. I have Utopia, and Leviathans.

How does the DLC/patch policy work again? How will my game work vs. what am i missing. I want to get into it for real this time, but not drop 50bucks on DLC.

it's live, so hype.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    it's live, so hype.
    only nine hours till I get off work. yay

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Someone explain something to me. I havent touched Stellaris in... a very long time. I have Utopia, and Leviathans.

How does the DLC/patch policy work again? How will my game work vs. what am i missing. I want to get into it for real this time, but not drop 50bucks on DLC.
    There are free patch features and DLC features

You will not be able to play as a machine empire or a megacorp without the DLC. Some ascension perks are locked behind dlc as well as the ability to construct titans. More I'm not remembering, look at the wiki entry for each expansion. You probably don't need it for this patch right away.

Ty, i might grab Symthetic Dawn and Apoc on discount atm then, and see if i want megacorps later.

Oh boy, time for an all-female, psionic megachurch which loves to dabble with genetics. How should I call it, hmmm

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Oh boy, time for an all-female, psionic megachurch which loves to dabble with genetics. How should I call it, hmmm

Spoiler:

that moment you create a god emperor

Muh Emprah.

Can't wait to buy this, and then the next round of dev blogs come out teasing some fancy new feature, forcing me to wait until the next update.

In real talk though apparantly there's a number of bugs, AI & performance issues at the mo.

Haven't met many bugs apart from one fleet wanting to patrol a station to station trade route the wrong way but it worked itself out eventually.
    Yet to get in a war (doubt it's different from pre-2.2) but the empires i encountered keep the pace with me on admiral.
    No perfomance dip with 1k systems on the puny office i5 so far.

New economic system is... Fine? Sure a fuckload deeper and reminds of that one turboautist mode called something like "realistic economy" that took all agency away from a player unlike what Wiz and co came up with. I'm mostly afraid that new tiles (job slots) will cause even worse micro down the road.

Also one of my new colonies got designated as a sector for some reason even though it was 2 jumps away from the capital. However the system between wasn't claimed at the time so the empire route was 4 jumps so maybe it's cause of that?
    Last edited by RazoR; December 7 2018 at 02:18:03 AM.

Nope, AI is fucking useless. Top power my side of galaxy by 2250.

Sectors are now based on geography. They are generated based on clusters when you colonise. All planets/habitats in that geographical region are automatically added to the same sector. Your home-world probably just spawned on the very edge of a cluster.

It's now up to you if you automate sectors or not (you can even automate your core if you want) and you get a shit-ton more leaders to handle the sector-spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    'bout time the machinefuckers got nerfed a little, did you see what happened in the dev stream ?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

'bout time the machinefuckers got nerfed a little, did you see what happened in the dev stream ?
    No, what happened?

About 40 years into my first 2.2 game, really enjoying it so far.

Before, it always felt like I was either severely over or under-producing resources, never "just right". A sudden deficit could clear out big stockpiles within months or I would be sitting at resource cap for years at a time.

It now feels like they've smoothed out those ups and downs quite a bit, giving you time to both plan for the future needs of your economy, and also giving you a buffer to respond to deficits before they become a serious issue.

Also with the shifting of ship production to alloys vs minerals, I feel like there's less pressure in the early game to take as much space as possible, and more incentive to take space that is strategically important.

Not too far in, but that's my initial thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    No, what happened?
    Kaiser Johan (who has essentially annihilated the last three EUIV dev clashes) found some serious holes in robot balance and basically turned himself into a midgame crisis. He took a relatively small chunk of the galaxy, spammed robot factories into habitats, had a population that basically matched the entire rest of the field combined, I think he left the federation he was in early on because he realized it would be way too easy.