hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 212 of 212 FirstFirst ... 112162202209210211212
Results 4,221 to 4,239 of 4239

Thread: Stellaris - Fully Manual Austerity Hetro Space Capitalism

idk, how expensive are the DLCs for the first world?

AI in my second game is slacking again or i might have fucked up the startup settings as it is 2270 and i'm still expanding
    I'd start a new game but i'm hitting the economy proverbial coffee tables trying to specialize planets with population shortage and i want to learn.
    Last edited by RazoR; December 10 2018 at 06:29:59 PM.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    The big ones are 20 euro, the others 8-10 euro depending on size. And that's before discounts, most are 50% off right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    The big ones are 20 euro, the others 8-10 euro depending on size. And that's before discounts, most are 50% off right now.
    right now the basegame is -65% on GOG with the DLCs being -50%
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    First game with the new expansion. Start in a dead end pocket, and the entrance is blocked by the hiver asteroids. GG, guess I'm playing tall
    ftfy

Hive mind streamlined economy is nice as I try and figure out "wtf is going on in this game now????"
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

So many buggs and bad descriptions.

Example:

Building Tall, going for a Planet wide city. It says in description "Disables construction of generator districts, mining districts and agricultural districts" oh fine, gets 8+3+4 -ish, had 7-8 city districts (Gaia world).
    Get to third Ascension --> gets the right tech --> tries clicking decision --> cant --> get error message "all Districts must be City Districts" --> ohh that wasn't what the decision said, oh well lets do it --> starts swapping districts with the "replace" button --> charges me the cost for a new city district -->takes the time of constructing a district --> removes the "generator district" --> don't get a city district.....

*Sigh* Uses "remove district" instead instantly losing the benefit of it and then building new city districts. At least that worked..

And don't get me started on the retarded AI job allocation.... I hope they enact a choice for players to manually prioritise in what order jobs are t be filled.

Quote Originally Posted by Brockosaurus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    First game with the new expansion. Start in a dead end pocket, and the entrance is blocked by the hiver asteroids. GG, guess I'm playing tall
    ftfy

Hive mind streamlined economy is nice as I try and figure out "wtf is going on in this game now????"
    Yeah playing tall AF as a mega corp. WRT to the asteroids, they only pop out when you start harvesting the last of the 6, but it was just a ballache having to manually fly my fleets around the system perimeter for the first few decades while I built up a big enough fleet to take them out.

AI is absolutely garbage under the new economy even on Admiral, I'm about 100-120 years into the game and everyone is inferior/pathetic, including the advanced starts. At this point I am just running around committing hostile take overs.

I'm still kind of on the fence about the update in general. The new economy is certainly far more interesting and engaging, but I feel like I am clicking planets just as much as I used to, but I guess this is at least broken up instead of being a massive way of click spamming when you unlock a new tech. I'm also finding over population to be a bit annoying, Pop's seem to rarely ever migrate to planets with available space.

There should be a better break down of your production and consumption than you are able to get atm, rare materials are especially bad in this regard. There is a great mod that is out that un-obfuscates a lot of the new economy numbers in the tool tips, eg it actually tells you that a civilian building produces 2 artisans and each of those artisans turns 6 minerals into 2 consumer goods. But its still a way's off from getting all the information you need in one spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    So many buggs and bad descriptions.
    And don't get me started on the retarded AI job allocation.... I hope they enact a choice for players to manually prioritise in what order jobs are t be filled.
    You can to some degree on the pops screen. However it's really not all that useful, and you cant control the overall number of positions. EG, you can set it so that your metallurgists take priority over your researchers, but you cant say, tell it you only want to use 6 of the 10 possible metallurgist jobs so you dont run a mineral deficit.
    Last edited by Straight Hustlin; December 10 2018 at 09:52:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    does it matter if a group of people want to play a multiplayer game but have differing sets of DLC?

Also are any of the DLCs 'must haves'? Haven't played much since it's early days, so only have the 'Utopia' DLC
    I'd say get Leviathans, although I don't know if the Trade Hubs are still the same since they introduced the galactic market.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Game looks fun, better or the same with DLCs added?

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Game looks fun, better or the same with DLCs added?
    Definitely better with, but perfectly good without.

the AI cant work the new economy system at all, i am getting vassal requests from AI's in starvation spirals with a 10 corvette fleet atm.

you might as well move the "mid game" to 2400, end game to 2600 and victory to 2800 because the game is right fucking slow now, it's also way laggier in the start, but doesn't slow down as much so that's a plus.

it's got issues, but it's going to be good.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

So I have a geneticly modified offshoot of my race. Unfortunately they've been given 'slave' status. I cannot change this to citizen because they can't be given full military service... because they're slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    So I have a geneticly modified offshoot of my race. Unfortunately they've been given 'slave' status. I cannot change this to citizen because they can't be given full military service... because they're slaves.
    So, what you are saying is...

Service guarantees citizenship.
    meh

I've read about this before. The only way to break out of the loop is to reform government without Citizen Service civic for a while.

So own up everyone, how many times have you hit a resource wall in the early game only to face-palm 30 seconds later when you remember there is now a market?

about tree fiddy

market is great for when you can absolutely not find a legit buyer/seller because it's usually at rip-off prices and boy do i love to go through dozens of UIs to do so

wtb supply&demand shorthand in contacts screen

otoh both trading systems feel like placeholders
    Last edited by RazoR; December 11 2018 at 09:15:20 AM.

Paradox have added a beta branch in steam that apparently fixes most of the AI issues.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-8b3a.1136212/

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    I've read about this before. The only way to break out of the loop is to reform government without Citizen Service civic for a while.
    That sorted it.

wait, that shit is caused by Citizen service ? RAEG!
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

So I started a new game after the patch, but I haven't spent any time learning the new economy other than the very little that's been said in this thread.

I spent 5 minutes staring at the screen and reading the info panel on my first planet, then closed the game. Gonna take a little studying before I can get into this proper, lol.

I can see the potential advantages for economy management, but I will miss tiles from a purely aesthetic point of view. I liked seeing my planets full of fidgeting pops on top of buildings.