hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 233 of 234 FirstFirst ... 133183223230231232233234 LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 4665

Thread: Stellaris - Fully Manual Austerity Hetro Space Capitalism

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

4 year anniversary update is coming this upcoming tuesday

Full info here

interstellar wildlife expanding their borders
    whaling like it's the 19th century again
    space weather?!

warp storms, brother

inb4 they basically introduce new horizons and unstable hyperline mods
    good guy paradox

edit: actually not but still cool changes
    Last edited by RazoR; May 8 2020 at 02:33:57 AM.

Oh, my!

Edit: It's available at start of game, and costs 80 influence.

Meh?

It's not game breaking or anything, but I've had games where it would have been very helpful, specifically being able to upgrade bastions faster.

IIRC the unity ambition was/is a lot better but you only had access to it late game.

Hang on, FOUR YEARS??

WTF.

I'm playing the new patch. That you now have to work to get specific edicts is quite interesting. I started a new game on a Relic World and soon found 2 more nearby. Guess those are my new colonies!

I'm also getting archaeological sites I've never seen before. They are very intriguing. A bacteriophage unleashed by rebel scientists on a corporate-owned world? Yes, I would like to know more.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    I'm also getting archaeological sites I've never seen before. They are very intriguing. A bacteriophage unleashed by rebel scientists on a corporate-owned world? Yes, I would like to know more.
    With Ancient Relics DLC, up to three unclaimed relic worlds can be in your galaxy at game start. The Ferrophage one is pretty good.

Still looking for the post-nerf Grand Herald. They seem to have nerfed it so hard that it basically never appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    With Ancient Relics DLC, up to three unclaimed relic worlds can be in your galaxy at game start. The Ferrophage one is pretty good.

Still looking for the post-nerf Grand Herald. They seem to have nerfed it so hard that it basically never appears.
    That's the one I just sent a colony ship to. The other one was the rat treasure planet, which spawned Shard. Damn it!

There's a pulsar that going to do something in 3 months...I'm sure it's nothing major.

It's a bit cheese but

Spoiler:

Shard no longer kills the colony when it spawns, so you can colonize the planet and wait on the dig site until you have a large enough fleet.

The AI doesn't know this trick, so Shard will act as a nice guard dog for you if you can't claim the system immediately.

Also dig site spawns are rolled independently for each empire, so leaving unclaimed systems in your space for the AI to survey will increase the odds of getting more sites.

theres a bug in 2.7.1, click on the energy portrait icon on market. you can buy and sell energy credits, infinate cash!
    Infinate bugs.

A beta patch is "top priority", but no guarantee it will be out before the weekend.

free weekend on steam coming up

you guys probably all have it already, but I am looking forward to finally trying it
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    free weekend on steam coming up

you guys probably all have it already, but I am looking forward to finally trying it
    It's well worth checking out, enjoy.

Pretty, but we don't get to experience the game like that.

Entire populace is now Synths.

The pulsar near my capital spawned a wraith. Good fleet practice, sent my 32k fleet to kill it. Then built up the fleet to 20 frigs, 20 dessies, and 20 cruisers and set it up against Shard. Killed her, got the Rubic-thingy.

All three relic worlds are back under my control, one has been turned into an ecumenopolis.
    Used some minor relics to find the last Cybrex artifact, Cybrex Alpha and the ringworld spawned in my empire. Will use the Rubic-thingy to create more minor artifacts to do the Secrets of the Cybrex option.
    Recently restored one of those ringworld sections.
    Dyson Sphere tech is researching now.

So, with a Synth empire, three relic worlds, a ringworld, and being top dog in 2365, what's next? Any advice on how to maximize the use of Relic Worlds?

I think the general advice is, 15 or smaller, keep it as an un-converted tech world, 20+ always convert to some sort of production ecumenopolis.

The ferrophage world is strongly bonused towards energy production in the default state so it's really up to you if you need that or no.

If you're at that year feeling bored with nothing to do, prepare for the crisis and plan on raising the difficulty slightly in your next game.
    Last edited by Boltorano; May 15 2020 at 06:19:43 AM.

Next DLC has civics centered around Death Cults and memorializing the dead.

edit: spoilered in case anyone cares

Spoiler:

You'll even be able to sacrifice your own pops to gain a temporary bonus to production!

Last edited by Boltorano; September 18 2020 at 07:00:17 AM.

Had a few playthroughs over the past few months and enjoyed them greatly but really struggle to find a decent galaxy gen mod for larger galaxies that don't just fuck the general spawning of all the things. Sucks to spend 2-3 hours setting up only to find out only 20 of the 30 empires have actually spawned or none of the fallen empires, revealing the galaxy to check before a fresh regen does not work either its inconsistent with most of them.

Overall tho I feel that even on the hardest setting it is still too easy to just stack and pump science to dominate, all other options are just massively inferior at this point.

I would add that if you install the basic steam version and then also perhaps another version that might have all the expansions and packs included, that gets installed in a different location but uses the same folder for mods. Means you can grab up to date mods for 'alternative versions' from the steamworks.
    Last edited by Skeptic; September 19 2020 at 11:08:31 AM.