hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 220 of 222 FirstFirst ... 120170210217218219220221222 LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,400 of 4425

Thread: Stellaris - Fully Manual Austerity Hetro Space Capitalism

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Fanatic Xenophobe (obligatory nuculopocalypse survivors for the easier habitability setup early as it really helps your early econ get rolling, I find) with fast breeders.

Recieve win.
    i run lifeseeded slow breeder very long lived xenophobic authoritarian spiritualists and it's actually pretty good, the happiness levels you can rack up are fucking silly m8's.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Okay, I think I've figured out the new mechanics. But with my planets full of buildings, how do I put a stop to population growth, or change which pops grow? Do planets just become more and more crowded until the game ends?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Okay, I think I've figured out the new mechanics. But with my planets full of buildings, how do I put a stop to population growth, or change which pops grow? Do planets just become more and more crowded until the game ends?
    You can force certain species to grow (at a growth rate penalty). Click on the growing pop in the planet's population tab, then select the pop you want instead.

If you allow population controls you can disable certain species from breeding (at a happiness penalty for that species). Use the species tab, it's through species rights.
    Last edited by Kai; January 11 2019 at 01:38:00 AM.

Or don't research pop growth techs and enter a migration treaty. Chances are you'll have a negative pop growth then.

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Or don't research pop growth techs and enter a migration treaty. Chances are you'll have a negative pop growth then.
    basically what USA is doing

but you just get alien pop growth instead of yours

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    On the planetary decisions screen there is a pick that prevents all pop growth at a happiness/stability penalty.

I think what this really highlights is that the game lacks a cannibalism civic.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Exporting my militarist materialists to a spiritualist neighbor would make things interesting.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    I do believe you can exterminate certain races as 'livestock'.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    already a thing, combine with nihilistic acquisition and you can literally just snatch people from planets for food.
    Last edited by Straight Hustlin; January 11 2019 at 07:38:46 PM.

I think he meant eating your primary species. Which I don't think you can, even if you create a subspecies with genmod, I think they still count as your primary species and can't be purged.

I think he meant eating your primary species. Which I don't think you can, even if you create a subspecies with genmod, I think they still count as your primary species and can't be purged.
    This.

I envisage it as significant buff to the population controls edict; Removing most of the penalties and adding food generation to your primary species as if they were livestock while it is running.

i have only played two games for about two centuries and never saw the ceiling even on the capital world

Sooooo Multiplayer Feb 9-10ish anyone?
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

I really can't figure out this game anymore, economy feels like a vicious cycle of running out of food and consumer goods, building up specialized worlds, surplusing for a while, then going into deficit again when pop growth catches up. Huge mineral surplus does not matter because I'm building up districts constantly (so I'm always effectively at 0 minerals) and I can't afford to make a forge world or research world because they'd crash my economy, so despite all of the AI being economically inferior I can't afford to attack them because building a fleet would also crash my economy, not to mention the cost of absorbing all their poorly managed worlds.
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; January 14 2019 at 08:28:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    I really can't figure out this game anymore, economy feels like a vicious cycle of running out of food and consumer goods, building up specialized worlds, surplusing for a while, then going into deficit again when pop growth catches up. Huge mineral surplus does not matter because I'm building up districts constantly (so I'm always effectively at 0 minerals) and I can't afford to make a forge world or research world because they'd crash my economy, so despite all of the AI being economically inferior I can't afford to attack them because building a fleet would also crash my economy, not to mention the cost of absorbing all their poorly managed worlds.
    From my experience having a surplus of something (usually alloys/strat goods) allows you to buy stuff from the market. Don't be afraid of selling/buying stuff. Also, don't neglect collecting trade - it's really important in the new economy. Switching economy policy to energy/consumer goods can be a saviour in a tight situations.

Once you acquire ecumenopolis all your manufacturing needs go away. You need a strong energy or mineral production beforehand though.
    Last edited by Venec; January 14 2019 at 08:37:48 PM.

From my experience having a surplus of something (usually alloys/strat goods) allows you to buy stuff from the market. Don't be afraid of selling/buying stuff. Also, don't neglect collecting trade - it's really important in the new economy. Switching economy policy to energy/consumer goods can be a saviour in a tight situations.

Once you acquire ecumenopolis all your manufacturing needs go away. You need a strong energy or mineral production beforehand though.
    Yeah I'm actually trying to play through to the end crisis at the moment since up until now I haven't had the time to play through all the way, so I'm only now realizing just how complicated the game became

Food surpluses are decent. The +25% pop growth decision means that they're self correcting. Particularly if you're some sort of slaver.

I fought my first war to steal the Ecu planet from my neighbours. Then I made the mistake of integrating them: gestalts make good vassals / tributaries rather than slaves. Ecu planets solve your Consumer goods / Alloys problems.

What trade are you running? I find the one that generates consumer goods is better than pure energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Food surpluses are decent. The +25% pop growth decision means that they're self correcting. Particularly if you're some sort of slaver.

I fought my first war to steal the Ecu planet from my neighbours. Then I made the mistake of integrating them: gestalts make good vassals / tributaries rather than slaves. Ecu planets solve your Consumer goods / Alloys problems.

What trade are you running? I find the one that generates consumer goods is better than pure energy.
    Yeah, I just tried it and even though it had my energy economy in the shitter, you can sell the consumer goods back for more than you are losing.. great balance

Don't be afraid of selling/buying stuff. Also, don't neglect collecting trade - it's really important in the new economy.
    Echoing this, Your trade network is hugely important now. Your trade stations should be half and half trade hubs & hangar bays (they're double the protection of the weapon batteries); There's no point to having trade collection range if you're losing the lion's share to piracy.

Another tip, trade collection and protection will propagate through your gateway network, so a 3/3 hub/hangar starfortress in a gateway system will collect & protect trade for two systems around any other gateway. Another thing is once you have a gateway network up, play around with how you are steering your trade, it doesn't always automatically go through a gateway so you may be losing trade to piracy that can be avoided by steering it to a different system.

Playing the market is also a huge thing now, sell your surpluses and buy your shortfalls. Use the trader enclave deals before hitting the market for strategic goods though, they offer a much much better price unless the market has been flooded. You can also make a killing off selling the lesser used strategic resources, zro, dark matter, nanites, and especially living metal, since thats only use is the edict.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post

Yeah, I just tried it and even though it had my energy economy in the shitter, you can sell the consumer goods back for more than you are losing.. great balance
    not surprising, you could literally sell & buy back any resource for infinite money untill they fixed it the other week.