hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: Elite Dangerous: Horizons

Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    All them expansions for what should be base gameplay functionality more often than not. 10/10
    Its obviously not the game you want, so why don't you piss off, the SC sub is over there. All the features and railroaded content you could ever want.

No it wasn't ironic, SC will, if it finishes, have more features, and all kinds of nice custom missions (in SQ42) and semi-linear story-line etc. In short it will be a different kind of game. Elite will never have those features, missions nor will it have a virtual toilet to shit in or a towel too ogle at, because FD doesn't have that much money to piss away. And in my personal experience with both so far, it will be a better game for it.
    Last edited by Torashuu; February 8 2016 at 08:31:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdrak View Post
    You could have bought the lifetime expansion pack like some of us did. It will pay itself eventually...
    You must be delusional... games don't pay you, you pay games.
    That's not true. You should know better, specially having played EVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    All them expansions for what should be base gameplay functionality more often than not. 10/10
    How else did you expect them to provide a non-subscription game with limitless expansion potential (1-inch deep 1-mile wide puddle)?

It's always been their plan to give you everything you paid for, yet ask you to pay for new stuff they make... unless you have a lifetime (no longer available) pass like me.
    idk what he is mad about, that engineers patch is included in horizons, as are all other content patches that come this year.

Banned
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack bubu View Post
    idk what he is mad about, that engineers patch is included in horizons, as are all other content patches that come this year.
    That's what I mean, they will keep improving the parts of the game you got when you paid for it and new 'paradigms' of gameplay will require paying for expansions.

Landing on almost-vacume atmosphere planets is a great example of that, walking around in your ships / stations is another, etc.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Been getting back into this with my DK2 now that it's supported again (plus need to feed hype for CV1 somehow). What was the consensus on horizons - worth the money or meh?

You can land on planets now, but only on dead rocks with no atmosphere. You can drive around on their surface if you have a buggy on board; I don't know what this is like as I've been in deep space now for about 11 months so all I can do is land but not drive.

All up not much has really changed for me. If I wasn't a premium beta player (and thus entitled to all expansions for free) I probably wouldn't have seen Horizons as being all that worthwhile, especially since you can keep playing vanilla in the meantime.

I'd say it is for planetary landings alone - but I didn't specifically pay for it, so I might be a bit influenced by that (Lifetime Expansion Hero checking in). Particularly with the DK2, landings are quite nice, even though it's only dead planets so far. They can be quite spectacular. The problem however, is lack of content. There are planet missions, and I haven't really tried them yet, so not entirely sure, but they seems less than exciting. Remember that Horizons also nets you Engineers that is on it's way soonish, and the rest of this seasons content.

Yeah I am tempted just to experience it, but 25 quid is a bit steep just for landing on a few planets for the fun of it. If there's any actual gameplay merit to exploring planet surfaces (credits, its all about the credits) then I'd be tempted as there would actually be a reason to do it more than just a few times for the wow factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerzi View Post
    Yeah I am tempted just to experience it, but 25 quid is a bit steep just for landing on a few planets for the fun of it. If there's any actual gameplay merit to exploring planet surfaces (credits, its all about the credits) then I'd be tempted as there would actually be a reason to do it more than just a few times for the wow factor.
    Um there's that alien artifact stuff; that allows you to build some sort of boosters or what ever. But I know fuck all about it.

I bought it on sale on black Friday; for the black paintjob for all ships; which was totally worth it.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Derindar View Post
    You can land on planets now, but only on dead rocks with no atmosphere. You can drive around on their surface if you have a buggy on board; I don't know what this is like as I've been in deep space now for about 11 months so all I can do is land but not drive.

All up not much has really changed for me. If I wasn't a premium beta player (and thus entitled to all expansions for free) I probably wouldn't have seen Horizons as being all that worthwhile, especially since you can keep playing vanilla in the meantime.
    So do i ;3.