I'm going to start by saying I do not approve of CCP boosting speeds yet again by reverting their change to MWDs that increases their speed as you increase in meta.

That said, they've created some interesting decisions with the meta 2-5 MWDs. Numbers for activation cost and fitting are for 5mn.

Y-T8:
Least fitting (21 cpu, 14 pg)
505% speed bonus
500% sig penalty
25% capacitor penalty
45 mw activation cost

Cold-Gas:
Middle fitting (25 cpu, 15 pg)
505% speed bonus
500% sig penalty
25% capacitor penalty
35 mw activation cost

Quad Lif:
Middle fitting (25 cpu, 15 pg)
505% speed bonus
450% sig penalty
20% cap penalty
45 mw activation cost

T2:
Most fitting (25 cpu, 17 pg)
510% speed bonus
500% sig penalty
20% cap penalty
50 mw activation cost

Bolded the good, unique bits of each.

So basically, Y-T8 becomes your tight fitting MWD, but performs the worst. When you get to the Cold-Gas and Quad Lif, you get some interesting choices. On a Slicer, for example, the lower activation cost of the Cold-Gas improves your cap life tremendously compared to the Y-T8, though due to the lower penalty, the Quad Lif does come pretty close. That said, on the Slicer example, the lower signature penalty on the Quad Lif makes a huge difference compared to the Cold-Gas, so for that ship, and likely most kiting ships, Quad Lif becomes the preferred MWD.

For brawling, the Cold-Gas has an advantage because your lower activation cost means you're more likely to be able to get a cycle off when you're capped out and/or neuted. It also has a niche in extremely capacitor tight kiting fits.

Unlike the old T2 MWDs, the new T2 actually provide some pretty heavy benefits for their cost. The extra 5% speed is certainly enough to matter, and the 20% capacitor penalty is pretty nice too.

Overall, I think CCP has done well with these changes. I'll be looking into higher meta options next to see what they've done.