hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UBAD Ops Days!?! More likely then you thought!

Question UBAD Ops Days!?! More likely then you thought!

I'm not quite back to school yet so I figured I'd start running scheduled ops days/nights for UBAD and friends. Right now I'm planning on doing them every Sunday since I have plenty of time on Sundays and NCTO (the NC's alliance of outfits) have their joint-ops then as well, meaning we'd get some great fights! The AusBros should come too btw, I've brought Euros to Briggs and they said the ping actually works to your advantage as long as you play aggressively.

Anyone have a different day in mind? I'm open to any and all suggestions on time/place/content of our ~smooth operations~

EDIT: some testimonials from our enemies to show how many jimmies we could rustle if more Bads logged in and joined squad/platoon.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by https://www.reddit.com/r/MillerPlanetside/comments/3dbfle/do_some_people_here_avoid_fighting_vs/ct42dv4
    You drop your organized platoon of good players in an empty base and lock the place down by putting cheese sunderers at every chokepoint and on the control point, entrenched to a degree that it would take at least twice your numbers to even come close to removing you.

Why on earth would people other than a handful of inexperienced players who don't know any better show up to be farmed in a pre-planned meatgrinder?

I'm not trying to be a dick or insult you, but specific to you guys, it isn't a case of avoiding the VS but avoiding a pre-meditated, easily avoidable, one sided farm.

what you do is very effective, but understand it is cheesey as fuck and not in any way enjoyable to deal with, when the only two options are to be farmed or to zerg hard in order to counter your "science".

You would have a lot more success finding the farms you crave if you did it as NC/TR, I think the VS would be a lot more open to dropping 96+ people on your science projects and everyone will have Fury auraxiums in no time.

I responded with a snarky comment about people not liking a challenge and the same guy dropped this salt mine:

Spoiler:
    Honestly, it has nothing to do with liking a challenge, dislodging a stacked, entrenched, organised platoon with 2 cheese sundys at every chokepoint without heavy zerging is not a challenge, it is impossible, so anyone with half a clue doesn't bother.

The truth of the matter is either inexperienced randoms and lone wolves show up to trickle into your cheese zone of death and be instagibbed until the cap completes or a huge organized zerg drops on your head, overwhelms you with numbers and you complain about zergs.

How are either of these scenarios fun? Sure your guys get a bit of an ego stroke with a 20k/d from spamming furys at a doorway or you all get to pat each other on the back for forcing all the "shitters" to zerg you, but in what world could either of these be considered a good fight?

When you do what you do, people have 3 options, feed your meat grinder, zerg the shit out of you or ignore you and find a good fight. Why are you surprised people are choosing the least shitty option?

Like I said, I honestly am not having a go at what you do, if you enjoy it, good luck to you, but being ignored or being zerged are the only sensible responses to your cheesy science. I'm sure it would be nice if a pub platoon showed up every time to be dunked on until the cap goes through, but most people have enough sense to not bang their head against a brick wall.

Later in the same thread:

Quote Originally Posted by https://www.reddit.com/r/MillerPlanetside/comments/3dbfle/do_some_people_here_avoid_fighting_vs/ct4apum
    Finally by all means give me one reason why I as leader of a platoon with public low BRs in it shall dump them into a meat grinder you set up so perfectly when I know the odds of actually succeeding in establishing a foothold are close to zero as is the anticipated fun.
    [252v] Astriana explains that resistance to UBAD ~science~ is futile:

Quote Originally Posted by https://www.reddit.com/r/MillerPlanetside/comments/3dbfle/do_some_people_here_avoid_fighting_vs/ct4mibl
    Particularly relevant to you, ~science~ means there's no point at all attacking a base if you've been in it.
    Joharnis, one of NC's best players, agrees with Astriana:

Quote Originally Posted by https://www.reddit.com/r/MillerPlanetside/comments/3dbfle/do_some_people_here_avoid_fighting_vs/ct3m711
    If you and youre platoon show up, there is often little point in fighting you without a zerg When you attack, its always well set up, with sundys and other vehicles so its very hard to do anything against if you dont have a zerg or and equal force that is very organised
    And in response to me saying we don't like having to deal with MCY (who are bosses) and the NC zerg (who are shit) at the same time:

Quote Originally Posted by https://www.reddit.com/r/MillerPlanetside/comments/3di0w1/why_i_hate_the_nc_zerg_redeployside_goooooo/ct5b7s6
    Welcome to everyone else's pain when you lot show up ;P
    "You lot" referring to UBAD and the outfits we play with.

Daddy himself gave us props for almost capping a TR Tech Plant against huge odds:

Last edited by ValorousBob; July 16 2015 at 04:46:13 PM.

I dont want to play planetmans

Let alone on 350 ping

Your posting is medium, its not rare and its not well done
    - Krans 26/7/12

Meight playing with high ping just let's you play more aggressively. Ask the Russian lag wizards~

Regardless, Cortess has been logging in and we got two new recruits! Combined with our bros from VIB/VoGu/CSG/UMVS/VC/IP/etc we've been filling up squads/platoons fairly easily. Someone who claimed to be Dark Elf Druid stopped by again, but he was wayyyy more talkative then usual so I'm not sure it was actually him. Although he WAS playing on a fake MattiAce character and purposely acting like a tool soooooo maybe it was him.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ValorousBob View Post

Daddy himself gave us props for almost capping a TR Tech Plant against huge odds:

Get in the tank there's no time.

Meight playing with high ping just let's you play more aggressively. Ask the Russian lag wizards~

Regardless, Cortess has been logging in and we got two new recruits! Combined with our bros from VIB/VoGu/CSG/UMVS/VC/IP/etc we've been filling up squads/platoons fairly easily. Someone who claimed to be Dark Elf Druid stopped by again, but he was wayyyy more talkative then usual so I'm not sure it was actually him. Although he WAS playing on a fake MattiAce character and purposely acting like a tool soooooo maybe it was him.
    But its not just you.

pft.

It favours you like 10% of the time, the rest it just shits on you and is tiresome

Between AU/Yank farmers and server smashes I have spent enough time on jager to know what its like.

Your posting is medium, its not rare and its not well done
    - Krans 26/7/12

Almost the weekend yay.

Smuggo
    Ohhh I am up or this shit on Sunday.

>we got two new recruits!

who the fuck would want to join your shitfit bob, lol

Also, that Daddynotthecupboardguy has basically posted on nothing but your threads, will i get banned on here if i call him inbred too?
    Last edited by Conchu; July 29 2015 at 05:26:18 PM.

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Conchu View Post

Also, that Daddynotthecupboardguy has basically posted on nothing but your threads, will i get banned on here if i call him inbred too?
    The fact that you had to edit that post is amazing to me, it's not like you're going to polish that turd.

lol I can't believe you actually made an account to shitpost here. Also it's not *my* shitfit, it's *our* shitfit!

But no, you can pretty much talk as much shit as you want around here, we have thick skin. I'm really curious who that guy is too, he seems pretty upset with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post

The fact that you had to edit that post is amazing to me, it's not like you're going to polish that turd.
    Thanks for having mah back (I think), but Conchubairs just ~bantering~
    Last edited by ValorousBob; July 30 2015 at 03:14:30 AM.

And there was me thinking all you guys were master rusemen, especially after seeing Chris'name. I guess I was wrong. I'm in UBAD dude...

>lol I can't believe you actually made an account to shitpost here. Also it's not *my* shitfit, it's *our* shitfit!

I forgot I hadn't made an account the last time, and I saw you reposting that 252ivi tell, so I made one
    #JustHereFor~Science~

Donor

And there was me thinking all you guys were master rusemen, especially after seeing Chris'name. I guess I was wrong. I'm in UBAD dude...

>lol I can't believe you actually made an account to shitpost here. Also it's not *my* shitfit, it's *our* shitfit!

I forgot I hadn't made an account the last time, and I saw you reposting that 252ivi tell, so I made one
    You are clearly a person of questionable taste, welcome home.

You are clearly a person of questionable taste, welcome home.
    Questionable taste? I'm sure Bob will agree with that
    #JustHereFor~Science~

Donor
    On the topic of questionable taste, should I reinstall planetside?

If your enjoyment enjoyment of games is based on extracting salt and/or rage then by all means. If you actually want to have fun, well... That's another story.
    #JustHereFor~Science~

If your enjoyment enjoyment of games is based on extracting salt and/or rage then by all means. If you actually want to have fun, well... That's another story.
    Well, that's if they introduce fsd disrupters. But even with them, but i've been so detached from life in general.

Smuggo
    Most people here played Eve for an extended period of time so they're very comfortable with this.

Who are you with?