hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Airsoft

I want to tease dark for being autistic but I dont really understand why.

Hows the short bus going dark?

Your posting is medium, its not rare and its not well done
    - Krans 26/7/12

Quote Originally Posted by metacannibal View Post

This is my current rig when I go out to play, its pretty solid all metal rifle and polymer pistol.
    y, but will it blend?
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Im serious.
    That's the sad part.

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrlchris View Post
    I want to tease dark for being autistic but I dont really understand why.

Hows the short bus going dark?
    they put film over the bottom half of the window and i cant lick it any more
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    So, totally ignorant of all this shit, I thought airsoft was like foam dart gun things toddlers play with?

How does it work? How do you know if you hit someone? Why would you do this not paintballing?

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    So, totally ignorant of all this shit, I thought airsoft was like foam dart gun things toddlers play with?

How does it work? How do you know if you hit someone? Why would you do this not paintballing?
    That's Nerf guns.

Generally it's more milsim, objective based than paintball. Also IMO the guns are cooler. But that's personal preference really.
    This guy has a load of gameplay videos of various different types of game: https://www.youtube.com/user/scoutthedoggie
    Being hit is an honor system. Over here it's pretty much fine because there's only 2 airsoft clubs and only like 30 members at each, so nobody would get away with cheating anyway. But if someone's not calling hit when they get hit there's a couple of resolutions, first is to tell a marshal you suspect foul play and he'll watch, second is to just hose the fucker down because full auto at 350feet/sec stings like fuck.
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Could be fun, but the thought of running around in the woods in my current fitness level doesn't make it very appealing. Also it looks like an expensive hobby. Especially more so when you don't do it on a regular basis

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Could be fun, but the thought of running around in the woods in my current fitness level doesn't make it very appealing. Also it looks like an expensive hobby. Especially more so when you don't do it on a regular basis
    Depends on your local clubs. I could quite happily have carried on paying 15 a session including hire etc for 7hr entertainment every second weekend. But I'm bad at patience and wanted all my own stuff.

And there's never a bad time to start fixing fitness levels.

I played for a few years, not cheap. I've got a G36K rifle, M3A1 rifle, 3 Glock 19s, 2 nickel plated Colts and 2 Walther P99's with silencers.
    God I miss Airsoft

Edit: actually it's an M16a4 not M3A1 (Yes I know, big difference) I bought it about 2 weeks before I stopped playing, so never really got a chance to use it.
    Last edited by Antimus; July 8 2015 at 03:42:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    I'm looking forward to the first "I hit you" "No you didn't" argument DF gets involved in.

NEVER BACK DOWN M8
    Like you read my mind!

I much prefer airsoft to paintball, but like you say, it's very much a trust game, sometimes you hear it hitting you but don't feel it, and you have to take it. Though most airsoft places I've used have longer games due to the amount of ammo you can carry, so medic and respawn rules are common.

It's so much more tactical than airsoft, you have snipers and spotters, you have people with SAWs doing covering fire while other people move forward, you have people with 3 point slings dropping their rifle to the back and taking up a pistol as they enter buildings, then pulling a shotgun for room clearing. It's frickin awesome!!

Are all the pistols GBB? Fancy selling any of them? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Antimus View Post

Whats striking is that were it not for the battery and foam box and everything, your toys there probably look more real than the actual guns I posted on the previous page.

My mate founded the aberystwyth airsoft site, I never took the opportunity to go over an play though
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    My mate founded the aberystwyth airsoft site, I never took the opportunity to go over an play though
    Do it, you won't regret it, bring friends though, not assholes who won't accept they've been hit though

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Been playing since 06 even though am a fatty.
    My room is starting to look like an arms dealers storage room...
    my toys are as follows.

M16a2 carbine
    M4a1
    ACR MASADA
    G36K
    MP5
    MP5SD
    2x Sig 552
    Galil ARM
    M3 super 90
    m320 grenade launcher
    m302 grenade launcher
    magpul FPG
    g18c
    3 m9 berreta
    s&w mp9
    XDM
    2 1911s
    px4
    px4 subcompact
    mk23 SOCOM
    im sure there is more but im not at home and clearly have mental issues.
    fat nerd out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Flare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Flare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailn View Post
    Was unable to afford green fees for a few years now I can I cant fit into my gear and the running kills me (this is being dealt with).

For the price that looks to be a great gun, nice choice. My G36 needs a serious over haul last time I fired it shots went every where (hopup may be dead).
    What are green fees? :P
    And yeah that's part of my motivation, getting fitter. Which certainly happened on the weekend, 7hours per day with like 20kg of stuff. Welpo.

Yeah it seems to be the recommended starter gun, or rather the non-30th anniversary edition is. But since the 30th is now on sale and is full metal upper + lower receiver...
    Also known as walk on fee (the price you pay if you have all the gear and don't want rentals or feeding etc.).
    Ahhh okay. Yeah that's 7.50 per game where I am. 20 if you need to hire gear.
    Ohh I wish more like 25-30 here.

It is actually pretty damn cheap as far as active hobbies go ammo is negligible (compared to airsoft it may as well be free) guns can be had for 150 and any old cammo from a surplus store is not going to be a big cost, goggles and a 30 rig will see you sorted to start with. You can get games that go from the range of run about the woods for a lark to full mil sim. there are 48+ hr weekenders some hire out military training villages. Something there for every taste and 7hrs running back and fore crawling for cover etc is a surprisingly good work out.

Ok may seem a little military fetishist but show me a man who secretly does not want to play with guns (especially one that you can shoot people with on full auto) and I will ask for a gender check. As dark flare said its only other people perception that would stop most people (Don't lie about growing up and out of it, its either partner pressure or finding other things that you value more).

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

This will sound weird, but i prefer the pain from paintballing.

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    You are right that does sound weird, you should go and see some one about that (a mistress perhaps).

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

It does add an element of excitement to it. Also there is often no question when someone is hit. If the paint all over their goggles doesn't give it away the "FUCK.. STOP! I'M HIT! I'M OUT" often does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devec
    Cool09 is the cancer that is corrupting our society and poisoning our children.

WoT: Redglare[VPG]

Quote Originally Posted by Cool09 View Post
    It does add an element of excitement to it. Also there is often no question when someone is hit. If the paint all over their goggles doesn't give it away the "FUCK.. STOP! I'M HIT! I'M OUT" often does.
    Exactly. That's what i meant