The Uprising is over, powerful mercenary captains dominate whole planets as Warlords, taking to orbit in makeshift or stolen Warbarges, waging perpetual war in Molden Heath. You are one of these Warlords, or aspire to become one.
On July 7th, Warlords 1.2 arrives, bringing improved user experience, community-requested updates, a brand new Game Mode, and last but certainly not least, a big update to our defining feature of Planetary Conquest. These include:
- Planetary Conquest 2.0
- Vastly Improved User Experience with a new Progression System
- SKIN Viewer
- SKIN Conversion Initiative
- Dropsuit Slot Progression
- 3 new types of Squads
So, let’s get going and review the contents of this promising release. We have also included patch notes at the bottom to prep you for everything headed your way on July 7th.
Planetary Conquest 2.0
This major change is covered in detail here: http://dust514.com/news/2015/06/intr...nquest-revamp/
This major change is covered in detail here: http://dust514.com/news/2015/06/introducing-warlords-1.2-progression-system/
Dropsuit Slot Progression
After months of discussions and debates, we are taking a big step towards improved new player experience be eliminating slot progression for all Dropsuits. That means that Standard, Advanced and Prototype Dropsuits will all have the current Prototype Slot layout for their respective Faction and Role.
Dropsuit Capacity (PG and CPU) will still be the limiting factor and they remain unchanged. That means that Standard Dropsuits have more slots, but the same Capacity so will be able to fit more standard gear, or fewer advanced gear. Core and Fitting Optimization Skills suddenly became even more important.
We are also using the opportunity to add a single slot to all Commandos, and adjusting the Logistics layouts.
Commando High/Low Slots, Before and After:
Amarr: 1/3 >> 2/3
Caldari: 3/1 >> 3/2
Gallente: 1/3 >> 2/3
Minmatar: 2/2 >> 3/2
Logistics High/Low/Equipment/Sidearm Slots, Before and After:
Amarr: 3/4/3/1 >> 3/5/3/1
Caldari: 5/3/4/0 >> 5/3/4/0 (prototype capacity increased to 390/78)
Gallente: 3/5/4/0 >> 3/5/4/0
Minmatar: 4/4/4/0 >> 4/4/4/0
New Types of Squads
In addition, 3 types of Squads can now be created: A Fireteam can have 4 members, Squad can have 8 and a Platoon can have 16 members. Platoon, however, cannot join Public matches or Factional Warfare matches.
SKIN Conversion Initiative
As previously discussed, it is difficult as a player to maximize the unique BPO’s
In our effort to streamline your experience within the game, we are going to begin converting existing BPO Dropsuits with unique color schemes into their equivalent looking SKIN module. Here is the list of the first batch: X Dropsuit BPO >> X SKIN (its matching color) + Standard X Dropsuit BPO (not colored) 'Quafe' Assault A-I >> Quafe' AM-M SKIN + Standard Amarr Assault BPO SuitSKIN Viewer
'Quafe' Assault C-I >> Quafe' CA-M SKIN + Standard Caldari Assault BPO Suit
'Quafe' Assault G-I >> Quafe' GA-M SKIN + Standard Gallente Assault BPO Suit
'Quafe' Assault M-I >> Quafe' MN-M SKIN + Standard Minmatar Assault BPO Suit
'Quafe' Commando A-I >> Quafe' AM-H SKIN + Standard Amarr Commando BPO Suit
'Quafe' Commando C-I >> Quafe' CA-H SKIN + Standard Caldari Commando BPO Suit
'Quafe' Commando G-I >> Quafe' GA-H SKIN + Standard Gallente Commando BPO Suit
'Quafe' Commando M-I >> Quafe' MN-H SKIN + Standard Minmatar Commando BPO Suit
'Quafe' Logistics A-I >> Quafe' AM-M SKIN + Standard Amarr Logistics BPO Suit
'Quafe' Logistics C-I >> 'Quafe' CA-M SKIN + Standard Caldari Logistics BPO Suit
'Quafe' Logistics G-I >> 'Quafe' GA-M SKIN + Standard Gallente Logistics BPO Suit
'Quafe' Logistics M-I >> 'Quafe' MN-M SKIN + Standard Minmatar Logistics BPO Suit
'Quafe' Scout A-I >> 'Quafe' AM-L SKIN + Standard Amarr Scout BPO Suit
'Quafe' Scout C-I >> 'Quafe' CA-L SKIN + Standard Caldari Scout BPO Suit
'Quafe' Scout G-I >> 'Quafe' GA-L SKIN + Standard Gallente Scout BPO Suit
'Quafe' Scout M-I >> 'Quafe' MN-L SKIN + Standard Minmatar Scout BPO Suit
'Quafe' Sentinel A-I >> 'Quafe' AM-H SKIN + Standard Amarr Sentinel BPO Suit
'Quafe' Sentinel C-I >> 'Quafe' CA-H SKIN + Standard Caldari Sentinel BPO Suit
'Quafe' Sentinel G-I >> 'Quafe' GA-H SKIN + Standard Gallente Sentinel BPO Suit
'Quafe' Sentinel M-I >> 'Quafe' MN-H SKIN + Standard Minmatar Sentinel BPO Suit
'Tash Murkon' Logistics A-I >> 'Tash-Murkon' AM-M SKIN + Standard Amarr Logistics BPO Suit
'Tash Murkon' Sentinel A-I >> 'Tash-Murkon' AM-H SKIN + Standard Amarr Sentinel BPO Suit
'Roden' Commando G-I >> 'Roden' GA-H SKIN + Standard Gallente Commando BPO Suit
'Roden' Scout G-I >> 'Roden' GA-L SKIN + Standard Gallente Scout BPO Suit
'Brutor' Commando M-I >> 'Brutor' MN-M SKIN + Standard Minmatar Commando BPO Suit
'Brutor' Logistics M-I >> 'Brutor' MN-H SKIN + Standard Minmatar Logistics BPO Suit
'Kaalakiota' Assault C-I >> 'Kaalakiota' CA-M SKIN + Standard Caldari Assault BPO Suit
'Kaalakiota' Scout C-I >> 'Kaalakiota' CA-L SKIN + Standard Caldari Scout BPO Suit This means that if a player previously had ‘Quafe' Amarr Scout BPO Dropsuit’, he/she will receive its equivalent ‘Quafe' Amarr Light SKIN module’ as well as the Standard corresponding BPO Dropsuit - in this case Standard Amarr Scout BPO Suit after the downtime. Both SKIN and Standard BPO Dropsuit will be tradable. In addition, all fittings created with the previously owned BPO Dropsuits will not appear anymore and the BPO Dropsuits will be removed from the market. We hope that you will enjoy these SKIN modules and utilize them even further within the game, as they can now be applied to various Light/Heavy/Medium dropsuits of your choice.
And finally, we added a nifty SKIN Viewer.
That’s it for now, and we hope you enjoy the improved DUST 514 experience!
The full Warlords 1.2 patch notes are available here:
* All Standard and Advanced Dropsuits now have the same slot layout as their respective Prototype variant.
* Daily Missions now grant a specified amount of Command Points. These Command Points are automatically contributed to player corporations and can be spent on Planetary Conquest activities such as:
- Selling Clones.
- Moving Clones.
- Using Clone Packs to attack Districts.
- Changing Reinforcement Timers.
- Changing District Surface Infrastructures.
* Selling Clones now grants ISK to player corporations and District Kredits to player wallets, in relation to their weekly Command Point contribution.
- A District Market market category has been added for District Kredit purchases.
- Players in a player corporation can see their corporation Command Points wallet and the Command Point contribution from each member in two new pages.
User Experience and Interface
* A SKIN Viewer has been added to the Marketplace, much like the current Dropsuit and Vehicle viewer.
* Show Info now displays all items on a loadout and whether you have the skills to use each individual item.
- The "Fitting" page has been renamed to "Loadouts".
- The "Dropsuit Fittings" page under the "Loadouts" page has been renamed to "Dropsuits".
- The "Vehicle Fittings" page under the "Loadouts" page has been renamed to "Vehicles".
- A new "Progression" page has been added under the "Loadouts" page.
- New loadouts have been created for all factions and dropsuits.
- These loadouts are displayed in an interactive progression page with role, meta level, slot layout, shield, armor and skill point progress information.
- The L1, L2, R1 and R2 buttons are used to browse the page.
- The interactions are "Show Info", "Upgrade Next Item" or "Upgrade Loadout".
- A dynamic bar displays the investment of Skill Points and remaining % until the Loadout is unlocked.
- When item is unlocked, a popup message with the item will appear.
- When a loadout is unlocked, a popup message with the loadout will appear.
- 5 copies of each loadout can be claimed, one time, when a loadout is unlocked.
- 3 types of Squads can now be created.
- A Fireteam can have 4 members.
- A Squad can have 8 members, and can not join Public Matches.
- A Platoon can have 16 members, and can not join Public Matches or Factional Warfare matches.