hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 LastLast

Thread: World of Viking Funerals CHECK MY HIGH SCORE FRED

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post

Brawled a Tirpitz, Atago and Minotaur at the end.

Burnt the Tipitz while wasding his shots, let the fires from the Atago burn and angled towards the Minotaur.

Atago turned to torp me so I volleyed him with AP for 4 citadels.

Minotaur tried to brawl me with torps, but I fired HE at his angled superstructure and my team finished him off before he could turn and torp me.

Was a great fight tbh
    This is the reason I keep coming back to this game. Those moments of epic win are truly amazing

motherland very strong

dashed from S spawn through B (barely capped it) undetected into E8 and torped a CV then zipped N smoking and then shooting defensive torps
    that later got a DD
    did a circle around the island back in and torped the second CV but got ripped by a BB

same match

first match in gnevny (wrathful)

who needs torps when ur basically a cruiser right
    Last edited by RazoR; January 5 2017 at 12:09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    motherland very strong

dashed from S spawn through B (barely capped it) undetected into E8 and torped a CV then zipped N smoking and then shooting defensive torps
    that later got a DD
    did a circle around the island back in and torped the second CV but got ripped by a BB

same match

first match in gnevny (wrathful)

who needs torps when ur basically a cruiser right
    The lower tier Russian DDs were fantastic fun. I really liked the Gnevny in particular.

The big problem with the line is that you are pretty much stuck with the same guns from tier V-VIII and you start to get quite outclassed quickly.

I am like half way though the tashkent and I just dont have the will to grind it because I am basically a huge citadeless light cruiser that constantly gets uptiered into tier X matches

Well i am just doing the missions and got a plenty of torpedo ones left so i thought if i'm going to do DD/CL it should be rusrus no matter how shit they sound by the graphs.

Mostly grinding towards Gneisenau which is sexy as fuuuuuuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    The lower tier Russian DDs were fantastic fun. I really liked the Gnevny in particular.

The big problem with the line is that you are pretty much stuck with the same guns from tier V-VIII and you start to get quite outclassed quickly.

I am like half way though the tashkent and I just dont have the will to grind it because I am basically a huge citadeless light cruiser that constantly gets uptiered into tier X matches
    Tashkent not only is meh at best, but it also has the unfortunate position of following the Kiev, which is a definite highlight, if not the highlight of the line. Thus, Tashkent is possibly one of the worst grinds of the game.

Well i am just doing the missions and got a plenty of torpedo ones left so i thought if i'm going to do DD/CL it should be rusrus no matter how shit they sound by the graphs.

Mostly grinding towards Gneisenau which is sexy as fuuuuuuck.
    Since when are russian DDs shit? They are easily one of the most powerful lineups, with a rare few hickups of bad.

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?" - xoxSAUERKRAUTxox

"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things." - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

big as fuck
    short range torps

They sure do crap on all other DDs mano e mano though.

Eagerly anticipating russian BBs, should be hilarious.

big as fuck
    short range torps

They sure do crap on all other DDs mano e mano though.

Eagerly anticipating russian BBs, should be hilarious.
    The Nikolai was so broken they had to remove it from sale.

So yeah

i miss onebutte with the instant BBcodes for all images

Drakma why have you left us?!?!

Spoiler:

https://wowreplays.com/Replay/26471

Oneshot an Iowa with 5 citadels in a single volley, then burnt a tirpitz to the ground with secondaries (almost alone). Bismarck is amazing
    go away

Spoiler:

Sometimes the shiny horse just works out:

Sometimes?

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?" - xoxSAUERKRAUTxox

"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things." - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

>sometimes i get to destroy half the enemy team

okay, there might be something to the royal navy after all
    go away

Got Leander through the Spee-event and unleashed it...

Ohkay. Got killed by a concentrated strike of the two enemy carriers, otherwise I would've killed the second Gneisenau and probably had a good hand in defending our cap, but oh well. Idling your fighters over your CVs is apparently a sensible tactic in some people's minds. Anyways, took it out for a second round...

Ohkay. We can be friends. Let's see if we can top that...

Snippets from that game:

Kill #2 - Thou shalt not pass!

Kill #3 and #4 - Multitasking

Kraken Unleashed - Drive me closer, I want to hit them with my sword! (torp attack was a bit botched, but that made the kill all the more epic in the end)

Roflmao. I am getting Kiev flashbacks here. This ship is a good contender for getting Aoba off my "Most beloved ship"-throne.

More Zao goodness.

I burnt down a bismark and most of an izumo to start.

My team started to get rekt, so i engaged man mode and decided to brawl down 3 ships at the B spawn on North. I killed a tashkent with my first volley and then derped his buddy in a kagero while dodging all the torps. A single bismark was left, but not for long as he soon ate 5 IJN F3s and died from full HP.

Undeterred and having evened the score I went back to C where an Iowa, Zao and Hindenberg was playing ring-a-ring-a-rosies at D. The rest of my team at this point were chasing a lone donskoi while me and a gearing were dealing with the other ships. I got to C and predicted they would get greedy and go though the small channel between C and D and oh boy was I right. I volleyed the hindenberg with torps and clipped the Zao (the dead hindenberg ate most of the torps). I start pounding the Zao with AP and get him within 2k. Sadly I was low at this time and ate return torps from the Zao and died. The gearing managed to finish him off though.

All in all, gfgfgf

I want the Zao so much but digging up the effort to grind through 9 to 10 is so painful.

Ibuki is still good. Witherer every match

I didnt get along with the Ibuki particularly, the Myoko was the highlight of the jap cruiser line for me, mogami was decent too, but the Zao is on another level.
    Much more so than the Yamato, yamato is still just another BB (granted a huge upgrade from the godfucking awful Izumo), but the Zao feels like something else.
    go away

Needed a break from the POS FDG, decided to take the Montana for a spin. Forgot how fun it can be to play a bb with some level of maneuverability.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Im serious.
    That's the sad part.