#13 - 16:00
    Rote Kapelle vs Affirmative.
    #15 - 16:20
    Dead Terrorists vs The Bastards.
    Break
    #17 - 17:00
    The Tuskers Co. vs Qubec United Legions
    #19 - 17:20
    Curatores Veritatis Alliance vs Project.Mayhem.
    #21 - 17:40
    Black Legion. vs Warlords of the Deep
    #23 - 18:00
    The Methodical Alliance vs Verge of Collapse
    #25 - 18:20
    The Afterlife. vs End of Life
    #27 - 18:40
    Together We Solo vs Gone Critical
    #29 - 19:00
    M.I.F vs Nerfed Alliance Go Away
    #31 - 19:20
    Triumvirate. vs Dream Fleet

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Yeah, quite possibly they want to have highly accurate readings per-pixel for task specific wavelengths. So e.g. Many instrumen.

Two interesting things: CCP apparently believes they can run two tournament matches at once. To my knowledge, they've never done that before. Granted, they won't have to have directors, cameras, commentators, and the like. THAT means that the use of the tournament tool will probably be minimal for that first weekend. Still, interesting.

Equally interesting: all of the teams stick pretty close to the same groups of teams whether in winner's or loser's bracket for the first couple of rounds.
    Ripard Teg (among others)... what's our new alliance called again?
    I was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer, to good effect. Or at least, that's what most of EVE believes.

So, uh, about that seeding system ccp used. Assuming the top 4 from last year all win their first two matches, the third round has us (#4 seed) against PL (#3 seed) and Nulli (#2 seed) against Camel (#1 seed). That... isn't how seeding normally works.

Looks like a great filtering first round. footwork vs WeHurt will probably be a though match, but other then that I see a lot of curb stomping (and cripple fights).

The fact that we can't watch it live is annoying though.

Goodbye black legion etc. LOL
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Two interesting things: CCP apparently believes they can run two tournament matches at once. To my knowledge, they've never done that before. Granted, they won't have to have directors, cameras, commentators, and the like. THAT means that the use of the tournament tool will probably be minimal for that first weekend. Still, interesting.

Equally interesting: all of the teams stick pretty close to the same groups of teams whether in winner's or loser's bracket for the first couple of rounds.
    Yeah I don't think they will use the tournament tool at all for the first weekend. From everything I have heard about it, it is extremely unwieldy and prone to throwing a tantrum. Its fairly likely they will just check for rules violations manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Tafkat View Post
    So, uh, about that seeding system ccp used. Assuming the top 4 from last year all win their first two matches, the third round has us (#4 seed) against PL (#3 seed) and Nulli (#2 seed) against Camel (#1 seed). That... isn't how seeding normally works.
    I can't see it as anything but deliberate. Someone deliberately wants tough teams put into the loser's bracket ASAP. The same someone put the winningnest teams close to each other in a bracket design that keeps groups together through the first two or three rounds.

You have to admit that it's interesting, and frees up a lot of unknown or mid-tier teams to have relatively easy runs to the semi-finals where they can make names for themselves (and win a lot of SKINs to finance them next year).

Again, I can't see this as anything but deliberate.
    I was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer, to good effect. Or at least, that's what most of EVE believes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tafkat View Post
    I can't see it as anything but deliberate. Someone deliberately wants tough teams put into the loser's bracket ASAP. The same someone put the winningnest teams close to each other in a bracket design that keeps groups together through the first two or three rounds.

You have to admit that it's interesting, and frees up a lot of unknown or mid-tier teams to have relatively easy runs to the semi-finals where they can make names for themselves (and win a lot of SKINs to finance them next year).

Jesus Ripard, you should know better

Its not some kind of conspiracy , logibro simply screwed up the second day schedule. He has posted on reddit to confirm this: http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments...xiii_schedule/

http://challonge.com/ATXIII

Here is the set of brackets we have had since the teams were finalised.

Its a standard double elimination bracket with 12 seeded teams + 4 auction slots taking 30-34.

Nothing relatively easy about our first match-ups... seriously, I'd rather face Pandemic Legion than Rote Kapelle for my team's first match!
    What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Greygal View Post
    Nothing relatively easy about our first match-ups... seriously, I'd rather face Pandemic Legion than Rote Kapelle for my team's first match!
    BECAUYSE OF SPIUES AMIRITEW
      Spoiler:

VS.

get hyped!
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

I notified PETA already. That match will never happen.

I'm quite happy with what we have, pandemic horde should (touch wood) be a pretty easy win then we get the winner of NCdot vs PIZZA, neither of whom have been very impressive in the last couple of tournaments. Provided things keep going our way we might even get a rematch with PL, after last years narrowest of losses that would be a nice grudge match.

Calling it now. Camel vs Warlords for the final.
      Spoiler:

The schedule and seeding have now been fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Its not some kind of conspiracy
    Boo. I wasn't looking for a conspiracy. I was looking for more chances for relatively unknown teams to make an impact. The loser's bracket is usually so exhausting I doubt anyone of consequence will survive it.

EVE desperately needs some kind of tiered tournament system though granted I doubt it'd work worth a damn.

Well, do keep in mind that Namamai, Brent, Ben Booley, Sturm, Snake, me, and a couple of others won't be flying for Rote. It doesn't mean you can relax, of course. Proxay, Kitaro Phoenix, luckyccs, Fey Delade, Tyrus, Morwen, and a few others are potentially still there (I have no idea who is on or captaining the Rote team). But I think it likely this is gonna be a rebuilding year for Rote.
    Last edited by Jester; June 25 2015 at 08:37:03 PM.

Tyrus is busy playing 5 pos failheap doto

What are the FHC teams this year?

Well, do keep in mind that Namamai, Brent, Ben Booley, Sturm, Snake, me, and a couple of others won't be flying for Rote. It doesn't mean you can relax, of course. Proxay, Kitaro Phoenix, luckyccs, Fey Delade, Tyrus, Morwen, and a few others are potentially still there (I have no idea who is on or captaining the Rote team). But I think it likely this is gonna be a rebuilding year for Rote.
    I'm secretly hoping RK will have a really strong showing against Affirmative (sorry greygal ), get lots of commentator love for being a traditionally strong team, perhaps a nod at their upset against PL. And then lose in their second match. (sorry RK ). So I can make loads a money.