hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: [Devblog] Introducing Warlords 1.2 Planetary Conquest Revamp

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar

Post [Devblog] Introducing Warlords 1.2 Planetary Conquest Revamp

Dear players CCP Rattati here again. We are proud to present our updated and robust Planetary Conquest feature in DUST 514. These are the design principles, and we will use those to underpin our reasons for any feature decision. So let’s dive into the updated Design as it has been evolving quite considerably through community feedback, and the PC Think Tank:
    1. Owning Districts must be profitable and desirable to as many players as possible
    2. Any rewards from Districts must not be passive in nature
    3. ISK (as it is generated by Districts), must not be the most meaningful barrier of entry into Planetary Conquest, eliminating a “design paradox”
    4. CCP must have tunable parameters to properly manage the reward flows to keep things fair and balanced.

ISK Rewards from Districts

1. Districts will generate Clones exactly as before
      1. Those clones can be manually sold at an ISK price per clone for Command Points, generating ISK (A) manually, or used as before to occupy or attack Districts.
      2. Clones will not be automatically sold as before, when generation hits the Maximum Clone Capacity of a District.

Desirable Rewards from Districts

1. When Clones are sold, a secondary currency is generated, District Kredits (DKs/Deekay’s), in direct proportion to each corporation members 7 day Command Point contribution, and automatically placed in the wallet of all corporation members, at a certain price per Clone
      1. This currency will allow unique purchases from a new category in the Marketplace
      2. It is also possible to award this currency to District battle participants for fighting for the Corporation as a battle reward like ISK and salvage.

Command Points

1. Command Points are generated by players finishing Daily Missions
      1. A player in a corporation will contribute X Command Points to the Corporation Command Point wallet per finished Daily Mission
      2. The players contribution can be tracked on a separate UI page accessible by the corporation members
      3. The Corporation Command Point wallet has a maximum capacity

Other Corporation Actions

1. Corporations will spend Command Points to perform these actions
      1. Sell Clones
      2. Move Clones
      3. Change Surface Infrastructure
      4. Change Reinforcement Timers
      5. Attack Districts

Now that the fundamental rules are out of the way, let’s talk about some of the repercussions and changes that may happen with these changes, and the intent of the design.
    District ownership and Corporation Size

Corporations will have to scale their District holdings to fit the size of their corporation. If they do not have enough members to generate enough Command Points to sell off the total daily Clone Generation of their Districts, they are de-facto holding too much land and are spreading their resources thinner than necessary.
    More Activity and More Conflict

As Districts will become more profitable, more corporations will be interested in owning Districts. Their motivation to claim Districts should prove stronger than Corporations holding and defending Districts they cannot profit from.
    Claiming the first District

The previous method of breaking into Molden Heath for the first time, is to use a Clone Pack. They have been very expensive and quite demoralizing to lose on your first failed attempt. That’s why Clone Packs cost will be reduced severely, even down to a nominal fee or zero, but given a high Command Point cost. That will make it less useful for District owners as using Clones to attack from Districts will have a much lower opportunity cost, and the Command Points used for better things, such as selling Clones for ISK and DK.
    More Accessible to New Corporations

New Corporations can therefore casually play the game, with their members and accrue Command Points over time. Any time they have enough Command Points, they can choose to launch an attack on a District of their own choosing.
    Raiding

This also introduces a way for Corporations that don’t want to own Districts, to make money by using their earned Command Points to attack their enemies, or easy targets by any definition, to see if they can’t make money using the recently introduced Keep what you Kill reward method. If a corporation ends up winning a District, and doesn’t want it, they can always ransom it back as well.
    District Kredits and a new District Market

We look forward to adding new and special gear, exclusive to the District Market and those illustrious Mercenaries that fought for and hold, or held Districts, earning District Kredits. The Market is shown here with placeholder gear.
    Exploits

The way that Command Points work, i.e. earned through playing, will make it very difficult to manage and profit from certain exploits, alt corporations will not have members to generate Command Points, etc. Hiding Timers in difficult Timezones will become prohibitively expensive in Command Points as well due to the escalating cost function.
    Dedicated Conquest Mercenaries (Ringers)

We hope that the influx of activity will make it less viable to run a multi-district holding corporation, relying only on ringers to fight its battles. If it is still perceived as a problem, we will consider some Command Point costs to make it less profitable option to rely solely on them. Our vision is that corporations instead, recruit, train and retain members, and they in turn generate Command Points for the greater good of the Corporation, and eventually earning the right to be on the competitive roster. One limitation of ringing is that ringers do not earn DKs from Battle, only members belonging to the attacking and defending corporations earn DKs for battles. On a related note, here is a long requested feature that is useful in Planetary Conquest. Yes, team deploy is finally here. In the Squad Finder you can now create 3 types of squads, a Fireteam, a Squad and a Platoon. Not only is this good for veterans in Factional Warfare and Planetary Conquest, but also will reduce the squad size in Public Matches, hopefully making a few battles less lopsided. I want to give a special shout out to the community for their valuable feedback on this, not only through hundreds of forum thread replies, but also the honest and direct conversations with the Planetary Conquest Think Tank, that reviewed, honed and tried its best (unsuccessfully) to demonstrate exploits.
    That’s it for now, and I hope everyone tries to claim a land of their own in Molden Heath!

original link

What the fuck is the District Market?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike deVoid View Post
    I think it's just a market tab with gear that can only be bought with District Kredits.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike deVoid View Post
    Is what is going on.

I think I know what the 514 stands for. It's the 514 currencies you now have.

In other news, the daily login bonus now has a small AUR component.

Allegedly, anyway; haven't logged into Dust in weeks.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Honestly I'd moved on months ago and now I'm looking at Planetside2. Never did get into it on PC but it seems to play well on PS4.

Dust was a good idea that was terribly implemented.
    Does it actually play well yet? I've not logged on for a good while now, but it was exceptionally bland and generic for a shooter - it only held my attention at all for the IP link but even that was fairly tenuous.

There has been a lot of rebalancing and more to come. Gameplay remains in the same format with the addition of personal warbarges which grant passive bonuses and gear for investing ISK for upgrades. No new roles, weapons, or vehicles yet. A new map or two.

There are some changes on the horizon like this one and also a way to how character progression is presented, but it doesn't really interest me anymore. I really wish it did.

Spent this morning playing Planetside2 and I will definitely be sticking with it. The visual style and lore isn't as interesting as Dust, but the environment and flow of battle is way better. Gungame feels on par or slightly better. Dust does have a more interesting progression/asset system but at the end of the day I'll compromise with it's simple unlock system to have the 60++ free-form combined arms firefights.

If Dust ever relaunches on a modern platform and they somehow integrate a persistent open world mode I will be back in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by Nu11u5; June 27 2015 at 09:03:19 PM.

tbh I've swapped to Dota2. Giving shooters a break for a while.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."