hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 747545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1171

Thread: XCOM 2

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Xcom board game is pretty meh, honestly.
    You were clearly sober during the whole game

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    FYI!

There is an X-Com Board Game, and it is really really good!

I got excited as I expected a strategy tabletop game with miniatures and like Space Crusade...

I have plenty of other games to play when drunk that are better (Drunk Firefly board game gets pretty gud when we're all just ignoring the objective and trying to kidnap Serenity crewmembers from each other)

I have plenty of other games to play when drunk that are better (Drunk Firefly board game gets pretty gud when we're all just ignoring the objective and trying to kidnap Serenity crewmembers from each other)
    Def kidnapping Inara

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentguru View Post

Def kidnapping Inara
    That is amazingly high def.

War of the Chosen releases tomorrow.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post

Oo

Thanks for the heads-up.

e: RPS review https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...chosen-review/ hyping it pretty hard. One thing that caught my eye was that turn counters are no longer the norm. Will have to see how true that is, original was 90% "set up ambush, then rush the map", which iirc was a major complaint.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; August 28 2017 at 12:38:33 PM.

heads up, it's 30gb, yes 30gb, it's larger than the base game :wtf:
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Making my SSD cry... and with the shitty optimization going on, i really want to have it on there. DL'ing atm, will give it a spin tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Making my SSD cry... and with the shitty optimization going on, i really want to have it on there. DL'ing atm, will give it a spin tonight.
    i am willing to bet 80% of that is uncompressed 4k textures.
    Viking, n.:

It's also as expensive as the base game... WTF?

Couldnt resist and gave it a quick spin starting a new campaign. Very first impressions:

The combination of old and new cutscenes is iffy. But that may be because i disabled tutorial, so i went from "we have discovered the Commander" cutscene involving one of the new factions straight to Gatecrasher without context.

New affinity system... people like other people or not, okay. Guess you can end up with non-optimal squad comps in order to satisfy the affinity boni, which is good RP in my book. I havent found yet what the boni are tho. Also, rookies have affinity / disposition before their first mission. So check it before you throw in new fodder to level.

Fatigue is a thing, hasnt impacted me yet since im so early in the game. Sounds good tho, but again not 100% sure what stat fatigue lowers. Will have to look more closely once i have the time.

PREVIEW ENEMY SIGHT ON MOVE is in, fuck yeah. Obviously only works with revealed enemies, but no more dashing into that corner you were 100% sure would give you a flanking shot, only to be blocked by a random pillar.

So far me like, i probably cant make another all-engi nerd squad due to affinity, but thats fine by me. Now if only they had JA-like personal VO lines, we'd be golden. Sadly, as far as i know, thats not happening.

e: how funny would it be to start grinding up a psi soldier in the base, only to have him hated by everyone mid-game so youre basically forced to do solo runs with op classes. I suspect the impact of affinity isnt game-breaking tho.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; August 29 2017 at 10:52:31 AM.

you basically skipped the story-justification for having that faction trooper by not doing the new intro mission m8.
    Viking, n.:

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    On GMG you can a steam copy for 29,74£. So quite alot cheaper than directly off steam.
    And not having played it yet I can't vouch for the amount of content. But from the early videos from total biscuit and other reviews, it seems to be well worth the price.
    I am also fairly sure that the full game was more expensive on release, like 50£ or so

Quote Originally Posted by wiseman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    On GMG you can a steam copy for 29,74£. So quite alot cheaper than directly off steam.
    And not having played it yet I can't vouch for the amount of content. But from the early videos from total biscuit and other reviews, it seems to be well worth the price.
    I am also fairly sure that the full game was more expensive on release, like 50£ or so
    Ok but they're still charging full game price for an expansion. Yeah it may have lots of content, but it's still just an expansion.

you basically skipped the story-justification for having that faction trooper by not doing the new intro mission m8.
    Welllp, wanted to restart anyways, went veteran by accident. Funny thing is, i got spanked by Sectoids on my second mission anyways. I might regret this :P

So, i can leave tutorial checkbox off, just not skip the intro mission, right?

In the space of a single turn (the first turn of a mission), one soldier covers almost the entire length of the map, ‘wakes’ pretty much every enemy on it, kills around 15 of them, winds up at the main mission objective and then proceeds to take zero damage on the alien turn. Meanwhile, most of his team never even leave their starting position.
    WTF???!!!

On the flip side, i just got introduced to the first chosen, which had "does not trigger overwatch", 3 moves per turn (i think), and a teleport. Wtf couldnt even spot her, and if i did spread out to spot her i got picked off. Had to reload and zoink her on her first reveal turn.

e: funny vid and yeah, lategame soldiers are probably gods (a dev called the game now "assembling the avengers"), but the trash mob kills dont count. They are supposed to be ammo fodder.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; August 29 2017 at 08:10:28 PM.

And i thought vanilla XCOM2 was bullshit.