hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 54552535455565758 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1151

Thread: XCOM 2

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    The original was pretty much based around the idea of a squad of super soldiers.

It being really difficult is mainly a product of nostalgia, confusion with terror from the deep, and people remembering playing it when they were 9 and had no idea what they were doing.
    That was one way to play.

The original could also be played with large squads of rookies and bloodbath combat.

The original was pretty much based around the idea of a squad of super soldiers.

It being really difficult is mainly a product of nostalgia, confusion with terror from the deep, and people remembering playing it when they were 9 and had no idea what they were doing.
    In fact, the original XCOM has a reputation for being super easy. This is because for the longest time there was a bug where the difficulty would be reset to the lowest whenever a save was loaded.

The devs patched it, but this was before the internet was big so very few people knew about the patch. The devs, thinking this issue was resolved, heard feedback that XCOM was too easy, hence why they made TFTD so goddamn hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post

In fact, the original XCOM has a reputation for being super easy. This is because for the longest time there was a bug where the difficulty would be reset to the lowest whenever a save was loaded.

The devs patched it, but this was before the internet was big so very few people knew about the patch. The devs, thinking this issue was resolved, heard feedback that XCOM was too easy, hence why they made TFTD so goddamn hard.
    I think I'd fall into the playing at too young an age to know wtf I should be doing. TFTD also had the terror missions on the cruise liners which went on for so bastard long searching through all the cabins to find the last alien who'd paniced and hidden.
    If money was a chicken, would the chicken be evil?

I started my love of widespread devastation with the first xcom. I used to give everyone missiles/whatever the alien version was, and enjoy guiding them through windows and doors to level as close to 100% of the map as i could. It DID feel quite easy when i basically carpet bombed everything.

Good times tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    I started my love of widespread devastation with the first xcom. I used to give everyone missiles/whatever the alien version was, and enjoy guiding them through windows and doors to level as close to 100% of the map as i could. It DID feel quite easy when i basically carpet bombed everything.

Good times tbh.
    Disruptor Launchers & Heavy Drills, the only cure to deal with the lobster/brain infestation.

"Proximity grenade/demolition explosive" combo was fuego.

So it looks like the new expansion is going to be directly influenced by Shadow of Mordor mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    So it looks like the new expansion is going to be directly influenced by Shadow of Mordor mechanics.
    What the what now? Do you mean randomized mini bosses?

I dont mind, i just want a reworked/expanded strategic game so theres more pull to replay.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    What the what now? Do you mean randomized mini bosses?

I dont mind, i just want a reworked/expanded strategic game so theres more pull to replay.
    the chosen will have sorta-nemesis-system functionality, both in terms of abilities and weaknesses, but also in narrative terms.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Just got an email ad were it said the non-discounted price would be 50€ ... rather pricey for a normal expansion :P
    The again, after pre-order discount 36 ... still ... better be biiig :P

(or is it a standalone? doesnt seem so ...^^)

Not a fan of this new, new trend of season passes not including all DLC.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Not a fan of this new, new trend of season passes not including all DLC.
    Wasn't the entire point of season passes that they would include all DLCs?

It was, but then some companies realised they could time limit it.

Firaxis has pointed out that they named all the DLC that would come with their 'season pass', and to be fair it wasn't expensive (like £7 I think) so I guess they're okay. That said I really wasn't a fan of Alien Hunters - dropping very high level enemies in missions at random was a good way to really annoy me.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Firaxis has pointed out that they named all the DLC that would come with their 'season pass', and to be fair it wasn't expensive (like £7 I think) so I guess they're okay. That said I really wasn't a fan of Alien Hunters - dropping very high level enemies in missions at random was a good way to really annoy me.
    Technically, its 4 seasons in a year

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

Technically, its 4 seasons in a year
    SHUT.THE.FUCK.UP

EA might hear you and feel inspired, the world does not need that.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Maybe if you'd all stop pre-ordering your DLCs...

FYI!

There is an X-Com Board Game, and it is really really good!

Also, from someone who got around 30 board games, pretty pricy :/

Xcom board game is pretty meh, honestly.