hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 84855565758
Results 1,141 to 1,151 of 1151

Thread: XCOM 2

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    banish and expanded mag doesn't work.

the reaper caps out at 3 shots max.
    I am 100% sure that it does. It just stops playing the animation after 3 shots because otherwise it would take forever. Ive killed Archons, Chosen and Sectopods with it, always taking off at least 2/3rds of hp.
    This

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post

This
    Should i play this game. The only reason they're able to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Well damn, have a +rep for saving me 10 bucks.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Get yo creep on [url]http://youtu.be[/url.

My experience with Beta Strike so far:

Tactical game is much better, strategic game not much different although you need adjust your build order a bit (rushing Psi helps massively). Sadly it shows that the game isnt balanced for it.
    Maybe someone will mod it so the strategic layer is a bit tougher, should be doable.

I can really recommend it tho, if you are looking for an Xcom experience with drawn-out fights where abilities actually matter, give Beta Strike Commander/Veteran a go, with the repeater mod and maybe a Skirmisher fix that converts his one-use abilities into cooldowns.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; September 11 2017 at 09:16:18 PM.

Skirmishers are just utter potatoes until they hit Major. Its really annoying, I love Worf's voice acting just as much as I love Q's and they're both barely heard, albeit for different reasons. I dont understand why he doesnt get ripjack melee as his default ability and wrath/justice (cant remember which one is which) at corporal.

As soon as he gets Justice, he is useful. Really needs a superior scope tho, and a PCS. Command is just icing on the cake. Unfortunately, Electric Leash and Battle Lord fizzle out after one use, which is a shame since his other talents say he wants to use Battle Lord as often as possible.

I dont think ive ever used the ripjack melee, theres always something better to do.

Doesnt help that you lose the stun chance once you get fusion melee weapons.

Youre right tho, compared to the Templar who gets Parry at rank 2 the Skirmisher feels underpowered early game, so he ends up underleveled.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    As soon as he gets Justice, he is useful. Really needs a superior scope tho, and a PCS. Command is just icing on the cake. Unfortunately, Electric Leash and Battle Lord fizzle out after one use, which is a shame since his other talents say he wants to use Battle Lord as often as possible.

I dont think ive ever used the ripjack melee, theres always something better to do.

Doesnt help that you lose the stun chance once you get fusion melee weapons.

Youre right tho, compared to the Templar who gets Parry at rank 2 the Skirmisher feels underpowered early game, so he ends up underleveled.
    first upgrade of the ripjack is a guaranteed stun, and the melee attack is a 1-action thing, that doesn't end your turn.

the Skirmisher can literately stunlock any foe except a chosen.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

I actually choose to run him with the stun ripjack over the fusion one just for the stuns.

Then again, he literally never comes along unless the entire A and B teams are out of commision, so...

it's worth picking up the mods that turn his abilities into multiple uses per mission with associated cooldowns tbh.

the skirmisher is not "bad" it's just not as good as the templar and Reaper, and it's a pity.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.