hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7475455565758 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1151

Thread: XCOM 2

been playing this today, the new changes are all really good imo, my campaign was all going great until the game decided to ream my asshole 2 missions in a row, classic xcom, would recommend

Been playing some more as well, i love the new tilesets and the mission variety. Dont think ive had an exact repeat of a mission yet. Had another Chosen run-in, blapped her again in one turn because i revealed her with my Reaper. Dont expect my luck to hold tho.

edit: PSA there are a couple of bugs, biggest one for me was pods activating that were scouted but not shown to trigger for that particular movement. May have something to do with the Reaper ability that keeps them spotted, not sure. Also some smaller things, like the Templar holding empty air like a gun when disembarking the Skyranger.

And some things that are not bugs but iffy interface design. You cant check relationships when embarking on Cov Ops, need to go into the soldier roster and check manually (by name, when it could easily be colourcoded...).
    With the way DLC is integrated, SPARKs just show up in the proving grounds unannounced, which is a shame since the story mission was pretty fun previously.

Lastly, the expanded talent system also shows up unannounced. Im sitting on 20-30 points per soldier atm because i want to level them up to max rank before deciding what extra talents are worth picking up, but i could have easily missed the whole thing.

I expect a bugfix patch sometime this year, and hopefully mods will pick up some of the slack (missing my overwatch all, in fact i was getting so used to hammering 2 again that when i got my Templar, i accidentally fired his sidearm instead. Because, retardedly, overwatch is on a different button for him. Grrrr.).

Looking through some other forums, theres actually some truly gamebreaking shit that needs to get fixed asap. Like one mission-critical target randomly becoming invulnerable, or one Chosen ability permanently reducing willpower until youre left with nothing.
    So anyone who really wants to get into it with an ironman run should definitely hold off until theres been an emergency patch.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; August 31 2017 at 03:15:35 AM.

The start was a struggle but now I'm running about bullying the chosen and anyone else who shows up.

How have the Alien Hunter bosses matured since release?

I've not played since that DLC hit but I remember the intro mission being great then the bosses being complete bullshit, to the extent I just used the cheats to kill them when they appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    The start was a struggle but now I'm running about bullying the chosen and anyone else who shows up.
    The pacing feels a bit off tbh, because you have two progress paths: Avatar and Chosen. Things trigger off one or the other, although im not 100% sure quite yet in which way.

Ive currently got a dark event that removes my stealth from the start of the mission... having lots of fun with that one. Thank god for Reapers. Speaking of which, i only have 4 special soldiers (no deaths). Im not asking for an all-Reaper squad, but id have thought that you could at least get some recruits. As it is, my Skirmisher/Templar have to share one spot on the B squad.

edit: Okay so the mechanic is (apparently), you can only have two soldiers per starting faction, and one soldier each for the other two. You can only get a faction other than Reapers if you do NOT select Lost and Abandoned. This however leads to a bug/glitch where your single Templar/Skirmisher can get captured, you get offered a covert ops for a new one, and then get a covert ops to resue the old one. Pretty stupid imo.

Ive manually upped the number of max heroes per faction to 3 (im not looking to make a theme squad, just want the option to see what more than one of them can do), theres also a fix for the other behaviour https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1126788564 but im leaving that out for now since i like the idea of a "favoured faction" (which you can select under advanced options in the new campaign screen).
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; September 5 2017 at 10:21:26 PM.

Someone tldr the expansion for me pls

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Your posting is medium, its not rare and its not well done
    - Krans 26/7/12

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlchris View Post

TLDR: My sharpshooter killed 20 lost with faceoff. GOTY

Quote Originally Posted by Bentguru View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrlchris View Post

TLDR: My sharpshooter killed 20 lost with faceoff. GOTY
    totes tacticool, that

TLDR lots of cool new toys, game is still "how to oneshot three aliens each turn" after about month 3. Replay value upped with randomization of faction boni / cross-training skill trees / faction starts / breakthrough (bonus) research etc. Its good, but lategame still makes you go "do i really have to wade through the rest of the game on autopilot?".

Playing with the thought of doing Beta Strike next campaign, double hp on everything and 50% more turn timers. Could solve some of the issues (although it makes early game just even more punishing).

the problem with beta-strike is shit like stun-lancers, you can't reliably focus-fire those fuckers down meaning you have to bog things down into overwatch traps and bait them out, or just take the fact that you're likely to lose a trooper per pod with a shrug.

sure, your dude/dudette is not dead, but depending on the RNG roll, they might end up being out cold for the rest of the mission.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

this is fun but I've forgotten how to play because I'm being destroyed.

I think I screwed up by not building the GTS immediately.

To be fair, theres a lot of juicy buildings now that you kinda rush out as well. Personally, ive taken to delaying Resistance Comms, chances are you get +1 contact from normal scans or covert ops very early on.

Currently at the beginning of a Chosen Assault on the Avenger. With tier 2 Defense Matrix, the turrets have squad sight (or maybe they always have, but now i got 4 of them :P). This gon be fun. It better be, because ive completely skipped out on Psionics for the Defense Building, just no way to fit Defense + Psi + 2 Power Generators into my base...

e: I also have the permanent Lost World i.e. massive waves of Lost bug. Or maybe its a feature, who knows at this point.

Anyone who hates RNG instakills, maybe this mod is for you: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1130014360
    Replaces instakill on repeaters with +crit dmg. I havent tried it yet, but seems like a sensible change... iirc you cant get 100% crit on Reaper's Vektor Rifle without Laser Sight, so you trade expanded mag for repeater, which gives your stealth kills a massive boost but nerfs the OP Banish + expanded mag.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; September 8 2017 at 02:20:23 AM.

I've played this game 40 hours but never managed to finish a run. Should I attempt a vanilla run first or get this x-pac and run with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Neoo Gabriel View Post
    I've played this game 40 hours but never managed to finish a run. Should I attempt a vanilla run first or get this x-pac and run with it?
    Everything i've read suggest it's got the same lategame problems as all other New Xcom's eg once you are powerful enough you still have to wade through a dozen or so missions 1-shotting everything with a band of invisible strike ninjas - the exact reason i'm in the same boat as you. Think i completed Vanilla X-Com (New) 1 on a horrendous speed comedown once but that's about it, getting to late game, but eventually that gets boring so never quite make it to the final payoff missions.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Well ive started my Beta Strike run, so far its better than vanilla, and i can see it at least extending the midgame considerably. 20 hp Sectoids just cant be rushed through with basic assault rifles :P

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post

totes tacticool, that
    Or that, that looks good. However the pendant within me notices at 51:43 there's a group of player.

the permanent lost world bug was fun for a bit, but now it's just annoying.

I have to take "between the eyes" every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoo Gabriel View Post
    Everything i've read suggest it's got the same lategame problems as all other New Xcom's eg once you are powerful enough you still have to wade through a dozen or so missions 1-shotting everything with a band of invisible strike ninjas - the exact reason i'm in the same boat as you. Think i completed Vanilla X-Com (New) 1 on a horrendous speed comedown once but that's about it, getting to late game, but eventually that gets boring so never quite make it to the final payoff missions.
    Yeah I did complete the first one a couple of times, but I also abandoned many more runs form boredom. On X-com 2, I attempted 3 runs overall but got bored with the grind or distracted by other releases and never finished, hence why I asked the opinion of someone who had completed X-com 2 and was playing the expansion, just to see if it would make sense, but I guess it makes it super fun with the super heroes, after the initial grind. I'll probably pick it up after I finish my current witcher 3 full run (finally playing the blood and whine expansion).

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    To be fair, theres a lot of juicy buildings now that you kinda rush out as well. Personally, ive taken to delaying Resistance Comms, chances are you get +1 contact from normal scans or covert ops very early on.

Currently at the beginning of a Chosen Assault on the Avenger. With tier 2 Defense Matrix, the turrets have squad sight (or maybe they always have, but now i got 4 of them :P). This gon be fun. It better be, because ive completely skipped out on Psionics for the Defense Building, just no way to fit Defense + Psi + 2 Power Generators into my base...

e: I also have the permanent Lost World i.e. massive waves of Lost bug. Or maybe its a feature, who knows at this point.

Anyone who hates RNG instakills, maybe this mod is for you: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1130014360
    Replaces instakill on repeaters with +crit dmg. I havent tried it yet, but seems like a sensible change... iirc you cant get 100% crit on Reaper's Vektor Rifle without Laser Sight, so you trade expanded mag for repeater, which gives your stealth kills a massive boost but nerfs the OP Banish + expanded mag.
    banish and expanded mag doesn't work.

the reaper caps out at 3 shots max.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    banish and expanded mag doesn't work.

the reaper caps out at 3 shots max.
    I am 100% sure that it does. It just stops playing the animation after 3 shots because otherwise it would take forever. Ive killed Archons, Chosen and Sectopods with it, always taking off at least 2/3rds of hp.