hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 61 of 106 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2101

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER

played a few online battles today. beastmen razorgor chariots run right through wood elves like they're not even there think it's something to do with the elves low mass.... even massed spears just get run over so you can just push through the line straight into the missile troops.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    Greenskins are probably the most balanced (diverse) faction in the game. Their glaring weakness is leadership. I always use fear/terror/leadership debuffs when facing them.
    Routing the whole greenskin army several times is hilarious.

So I've won 12-15 ladder battles but my board only shows 5 wins. Maybe the whole "dropping to not lose" things is more prevalent than I thought. Regardless I've been having a blast.

I've dedicated myself to Chaos and honestly they are a really forgiving faction to learn with. Their mid to high tier infantry has ridiculously high leadership and staying power. Imagine dwarves but no missiles and more monsters. My favorite match ups are against Empire, Dwarves and Beastmen. I hate fighting Welfs because if I don't bring air they can be super cheeky and just run out the timer if they lose the ground war. I had a dude avoid me with his flying glade lord and wild riders after I annihilated his spears and treekin.

My favorite matches are losses most of the time. Just because I bring hilariously unbalanced monster based comps. Dragon smash!

ok I'm convinced, purchased this, which campaign should I start with? I did maybe 20 turns of empire but they seem boring and generic, Dwarves?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenOne View Post
    ok I'm convinced, purchased this, which campaign should I start with? I did maybe 20 turns of empire but they seem boring and generic, Dwarves?
    Orcs or Dwarves are fun

Welves if you like massive rapid expansion and utter bullshit

None of the races get really fun until midgame when their standout units start being unlocked tbh
    [img]http://orig14.deviantart.net/351d/f/2015/121/c/0/_cover_zing__krul_tepes_by_skanantene-d8rqmf5.png[/img]

The only problem with Dwarves is you'll fight nothing but Orcs for awhile, I'm not sure if you'll find that boring? They are a great start to learn the campaign though, and the basics of Total War.

Dwarves:
    - High armor units
    - Great base leadership (morale)
    - Starting units are superior to most races.
    - No cavalry, so you're slow.
    - No magic, but Runesmiths have amazing abilities.

If you start with Thorgrim you can generally create a "box" of warriors with your archers and artillery in the center. The only problem you'll run into initially is Grimgor. He can damn near solo your army. The sooner you eliminate him (and take Black Rock) the better.

spacky_mcspackerson on steam. ping me if anyone wants a fite. I usually rock dorf
    psycho freak > BBC fleet

Vampire counts is the easiest main faction just behind wood elves overall but it's quite fun and you can build there armies a couple of different ways.

Do make sure to get better camera and improved ai recruitment.

I think once they are out Bretonnia will be a fun one, for new players and veterans.

You get to fight:
    - Crooked Moon
    - The orcs near Marienbur/Couronne whose name i forget
    - Beastmen
    - Woodelves
    - Marienburg/Empire
    - Mousillon
    - Various Dwarfs

Thats just immediately local. Its not too far to Estalia, Tilea etc either. Tons of variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    I think once they are out Bretonnia will be a fun one, for new players and veterans.

You get to fight:
    - Crooked Moon
    - The orcs near Marienbur/Couronne whose name i forget
    - Beastmen
    - Woodelves
    - Marienburg/Empire
    - Mousillon
    - Various Dwarfs

Thats just immediately local. Its not too far to Estalia, Tilea etc either. Tons of variety.
    I just hope the get some baller heros to do silly things with.

Legendary Lords are Louen and The Fay Enchantress. I expect Fay to be crap, because pure qwizard legendary lords are mostly crap. Louen is an absolute beast though, total killing machine.

As for Heroes, i expect Paladin, Damsel and maybe 1 other?

My dream is to be able to start as the Orcs near Marienburg. One settlement. Surrounded by lands to pillage. Much Waaagh!

Another fun start would be Border Princes. Surrounded by Stunties, Greenskins, Welves and invaded by Vamps. The biggest weakness of the campaign, for me at least, is you end up fighting the same faction for too long.

Therre are tons of very easy mods allowing you to play as those very Orcs. Go Waaaagh good sir!

There's border Prince mods too, but some of those are a bit ropier. There's definitely a couple of solid ones around though.

I really like watching these:

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Ninjahund streams daily and has some VoDs on twitch. Turin and Tokshen are my goto youtubers right now. Uploading good battle nearly daily.

Ninjahund is also quite good at the game (86% or so winrate or something....not bad....), so definitely a good one to listen to.

Ive been playing some more online games and as dorf fighting against WE can be really frustrating. A lot of times I have lost half my front line to arrows of Kurnous(sp thanks google) from multiple waystalkers and flying glade lord. grr
    Last edited by BOOLER; January 6 2017 at 12:26:32 PM.
    psycho freak > BBC fleet

Arrows of Kurnous need to have limited ammo. Maybe 3 or 5 for each hero/lord. If it's not a forested map does arty work at all? I've been playing Chaos only so I just hunt down Waystalkers with my flying lord or manticores.

I'm working on a damn near pure monster build for Chaos. It'll lose almost every game but it'll be entertaining. I've also done some testing and Dragon Ogres are the same cost as the RoR Griffites and they win 1v1. The realm of man shall burn.

problem with dorf is they have nothing as fast as waystalker, and artillery usually misses mounted lords. Good luck getting in range of a waystalker to reveal it too
    psycho freak > BBC fleet

Dorfs are strong, but they definately struggle VS WElfs because of the mobility issues.

If he doesn't have any fliers can you Copter him?