hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 54 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4445152535455565764104 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2101

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER

you really have no self awareness at all. fuck it, will just block you. not like you contribute to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    I just want a new unlockable "Grimgor the enslaved" mount for my dwarf king on his little platform.

The platform/throne is gay and we've killed grimgor about 5 times now so I want to enslave him and have my dwarf king ride about on him like some kind of fucked up hodor wiv teef
    are you sure you dont have a enormous beard and a alchohol fixation ? because that's the sort of thing a dwarf would do tbh.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Now that I'm past mid game I think Greenskins are the easiest faction to play in Grand Campaign. You get massive sacking bonuses AND your economy buildings aren't complete shit. Oh, you can also spam a fuck off ton of Goblin Big Bosses so you can assassinate and block all the things. I don't need siege engines, I'll just have 3 dudes blow your walls up.

it's more start position. not near chaos, borders geographically secured to south and west (and east after the early game). it's good they get beastmen popping up now so there's at least a token amount of attention paid to home provinces later in the game.

Banned
    Turns out Norsca is really great for Wood Elves because of all the ports and no attrition damage
    [img]http://orig14.deviantart.net/351d/f/2015/121/c/0/_cover_zing__krul_tepes_by_skanantene-d8rqmf5.png[/img]

why are there no dwarf or elf or orc or goblin zombies?

Watching LegendOfTotalWar taught me how to game the system. Take a shit province. Build it for economy. Raid it with your own army. Kill the rebel army over and over again for money and xp.

You just saved me the effort of explaining why i hate watching LegendOfTotalWar, n1.

sounds pretty gay tbh.

I watched quite a bit of thezestyitalian during my rome II days, but he wasn't gaming the game.

I don't actually do it. But I always wondered how Lords were max level by mid game.

I RP it hard. Grimgor will only ally with other greenskins. Grimgor never makes peace. Grimgor always sacks the settlement (unless money is red). Grimgor grimgors.

it is a better game if you RP it. first play through with wood elves i thought i was being a clever dick conquering norsca with durthu. but made things too easy, and RP wise the wood elves wouldn't give half a shit about a frozen barren wasteland. i have to admit i farmed morghur in the mini campaign though, just sit next to his respawn and kill his 20 stack every turn with Orion. in my defence the motivation was to make him into the combat demi-god he should be :3

Banned
    fucking bretonnians just won't quit

also i wish war coordination would work properly all the time
    [img]http://orig14.deviantart.net/351d/f/2015/121/c/0/_cover_zing__krul_tepes_by_skanantene-d8rqmf5.png[/img]

haha played a 2v2. dwarves/empire (us) vs elves/beastmen (them).

i ended up deployed across from the wood elves, who were very missile heavy so i deployed the classic dwarf tactic of walk up into range, stop, spam runesmith defensive buffs (had 2x runesmith) until they ran out of ammo.

What now ye pointy eared gits? guess you had best come over here and get your face smashed in.

Glade guard don't do particularly well in melee vs Grombrindal :P

Our daily dose of lessons:
    Empire Greatswords are actually decent infantry, even if you forget to put half off them into the line right away.
    For some weird reason they don't fold as quickly as the spearmen/swordsmen.
    Bright wizard is hilarious vs Hexwraiths
    Don't forget to pull your archers behind your infantry line when the enemy is charging.
    Karl Franz cant solo a doom diver backed up by 2 orc boar big uns and 2 night goblin archers
    Artillery actually has a hard time earning its points in 12400 point games.
    A line of dorf worriers, longbeards and ironbreakers backed up by quarellers doesnt actually kill black orcs all that well....
    I am terrible at dealing with mounted archers, flanking cavalery or fliers.
    I am equally terrible at utilizing the above mentioned assets.
    An all goblin army is hilarious, at running away.

I am having a shitload of fun learning basic total war 101.
    Last edited by Torashuu; December 16 2016 at 09:48:12 AM.

All Goblin Army is hilarious even if it only runs away

Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    Empire Greatswords are actually decent infantry, even if you forget to put half off them into the line right away.
    For some weird reason they don't fold as quickly as the spearmen/swordsmen.
    Greatswords are excellent troops. Good armour, good AP attacks, good leadership.

Don't forget to pull your archers behind your infantry line when the enemy is charging.
    Er...yeah. Don't do that....

Karl Franz cant solo a doom diver backed up by 2 orc boar big uns and 2 night goblin archers
    Big 'Uns all have "Bonus against Large", which rather fucks up Mr Franz, especially while poisoned.

A line of dorf worriers, longbeards and ironbreakers backed up by quarellers doesnt actually kill black orcs all that well....
    Yep. need some AP in there, or they will just hack you to pieces before you kill anywhere near enough of them. Longbeards with great Weapons would have solved this in that mix you used.

I am terrible at dealing with mounted archers, flanking cavalery or fliers.
    AI controlled? FEAR THE PERFECT MICRO.
    Annoying as fuck. Shoot horse archers and fliers with foot archers, kill cavalry and fliers that get closer with "bonus against large" stuff.

Good

Our daily dose of lessons:

You have to be careful of units that get a bonus vs large (all orc 'big' units) especially mounted units as they will prevent your flyers from getting back in the air
    A line of dorf/longbeards/ironbreakers has very little AP damage, same with quarellers. An AP unit will do good supporting one of those units. Throw a bunch of great weapon dorf of miners in to the line there and you will do much better. Or shoot them in the face with thunderers, that works too
    psycho freak > BBC fleet

So how do I see if a unit is considered large, and why does anti large pervent them from flying away?
    Also, which wiki/site has the most up to date/complete stats?
    Last edited by Torashuu; December 16 2016 at 10:58:43 AM.

So how do I see if a unit is considered large, and why does anti large pervent them from flying away?
    Also, which wiki/site has the most up to date/complete stats?
    Large is what is it mate,

Boars, horses, spider riders, trolls, giants,

Do lords/leaders count? or only ones like grimgor or the dwarf king

Large is pretty much anything bigger than foot troops. Cavalry, monsters, whatever. There's probably a signifier somewhere too, but just think: Is this bigger than a normal human/orc/whatever on foot? If yes, probably large.

Anti-large doesnt prevent flight, any hits (maybe just melee hits?) stops them taking off. Cavalry are fast enough to keep chasing and hitting them, locking them down. Hence Boar Big 'Uns, which are both Cavalry AND anti-large are custom built for murdering fliers.

I guess maybe: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER
    I dont really use one though, so unsure.