hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 116 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER

Might be worth pirating.

I would still be playing 40k if it didn't cost as much now for a unit as it used to cost for a whole army when I was a kid.

It used to cost me more in paint than models.

(and yes whfb was a better strategy game but when you are 10 its too complicated)

Tapaderpin old skool
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

XenosisReaper
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    they literally 'finished' whfb. they ran an 'end times' campaign type thing, and at the end of it everyone died and the world was destroyed. there's supposed to be a fluff reboot with 9th ed, but because *GW* there's no actual information so all the players are leaving on droves for other games systems because they don't want to wait for months before they can use their armies again, and don't even know if their armies will even be usable.

honestly, GW make CCP look good. they pretty much killed their longest serving franchise, because they thought a big "and everyone died...." followed by months of silence wouldn't affect their customer base at all.
    I, what

You can still use your shit even if the canon gameworld is over, just use an earlier edition rulebook if you want to be petty.

In all seriousness, GW are facing complete destruction once 3D-printing becomes accurate/widespread enough, this is likely to be one of several attempts to grab what little dosh they can before their entire moneygrubbing empire implodes.
    Last edited by XenosisReaper; April 23 2015 at 02:38:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisReaper View Post
    they literally 'finished' whfb. they ran an 'end times' campaign type thing, and at the end of it everyone died and the world was destroyed. there's supposed to be a fluff reboot with 9th ed, but because *GW* there's no actual information so all the players are leaving on droves for other games systems because they don't want to wait for months before they can use their armies again, and don't even know if their armies will even be usable.

honestly, GW make CCP look good. they pretty much killed their longest serving franchise, because they thought a big "and everyone died...." followed by months of silence wouldn't affect their customer base at all.
    I, what

You can still use your shit even if the canon gameworld is over, just use an earlier edition rulebook if you want to be petty.

In all seriousness, GW are facing complete destruction once 3D-printing becomes accurate/widespread enough, this is likely to be one of several attempts to grab what little dosh they can before their entire moneygrubbing empire implodes.
    Maybe they will get off their ass and progress 40k and hope that makes some sales. Atleast they could sell a fuck load of books that way.

Spoiler:
    haha who am i kidding

XenosisReaper
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post

I, what

Maybe they will get off their ass and progress 40k and hope that makes some sales. Atleast they could sell a fuck load of books that way.

Spoiler:
    haha who am i kidding
    There are like 2 GW authors left who I'll give money to, the rest can get fucked

hahaha what are those orc boar boys going to do, ride into the wall?
    Ape shall not kill Ape.

Like the fat headed ponies of the Mongolian steppe and those who tame them my posts live wild and free on this website.

XenosisReaper
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordax View Post

yes?

orcs gonna orc

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    I would still be playing 40k if it didn't cost as much now for a unit as it used to cost for a whole army when I was a kid.

It used to cost me more in paint than models.
    3D printing...

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland View Post
    Too bad you can't hide the duration of the video, eh?
    Nah, I bought Faitilla in saturday, and now after seeing their plans to milk the shit out of it, it was just a comment, not attempt to... "rickroll" anyone.
    Last edited by Mona; April 23 2015 at 07:56:24 AM.

yes?

orcs gonna orc
    That video is basically dumb is what I'm getting at but hey the game might be good where the video isn't?
    Ape shall not kill Ape.

Like the fat headed ponies of the Mongolian steppe and those who tame them my posts live wild and free on this website.

hey if it's anything like the MMO was, they'll just clip straight through the wall.

XenosisReaper
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    hey if it's anything like the MMO was, they'll just clip straight through the wall.
    I liked Warhammer Online ;_;

Don't remind me of that fucking game. It was traaash.
    Ape shall not kill Ape.

The problem with warhammer online is PVP in tier 2 was the most fun part of the game. My friends and I would just rush to tier 2, pvp all through tier 2, then just make a new char and repeat. tier 3 was empty, and tier 4 was a zergfest with no skill. tier 2 was the bomb with really cool tactical fights of like 10-30 vs 10-30. Was good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by damaslaus View Post
    The problem with warhammer online is PVP in tier 2 was the most fun part of the game. My friends and I would just rush to tier 2, pvp all through tier 2, then just make a new char and repeat. tier 3 was empty, and tier 4 was a zergfest with no skill. tier 2 was the bomb with really cool tactical fights of like 10-30 vs 10-30. Was good fun.
    Pretty much

Tier 4 was fun when the entire server was organised.

That first successful assault to open up the inevitable city was amaaaazing. We all had a great time doing it (and participating in the half dozen failures that preceded it)

That day was the high tide of my enjoyment of MMO's. Everything since then (including the inevitable city itself) has been a let down.

I, what

They could potentially make use of that though, sell the model blueprint for next to nothing to everyone and make a killing with the rulebooks and the faction books if they can get more people into it. The absurd initial cost of buying an army was what used to stop me from ever getting into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Yeah, obviously its a pretty douchey company but its their only choice i think. Make everyone play it and sell the rules for a lot of money or die.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Give it a few years for headset tech to mature and for secondary tech costs to drop, and games workshop will be a company well placed to make the leap into augmented reality table top gaming.

Don't remind me of that fucking game. It was traaash.
    ~ it was a nice idea, but executed poorly and supported even worse.

I'll never forget, getting home from the store to discover the fucking .exe on the install disk didn't do shit. How that was even a thing ...

~ as did I, it just had so many problems.

That and my circle of shit-lords all rolled Chaos when I wanted to roll Order.
    Last edited by Sparq; April 24 2015 at 03:03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    now that would be cool. Who were the ex valve dudes doing this sort of thing with a whiteboard and some string and blutac?
    castAR and don't forget MS with their project Holo and they have already shown it projecting minecraft onto a table (wall and through the table as well). I would give a hell of a lot to have the control and view of a tabletop battle mixed with the ability to create any terrain and make stuff dynamic.

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.