hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516172464 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrantar View Post
    I have lot of hours logged under Rome 2, but what ended up happening was that I waited until 2 years later when it was no longer a broken mess and DeI was out. At that time I could have bought it for $10 instead of $60. I feel pre-ordering has taught most companies bad habits.
    I've never done it and i have no control over whether i get boners or not.

I have lot of hours logged under Rome 2, but what ended up happening was that I waited until 2 years later when it was no longer a broken mess and DeI was out. At that time I could have bought it for $10 instead of $60. I feel pre-ordering has taught most companies bad habits.
    I usually do this, hell I'm only playing Rome 2/Attilla now, gotta admit though, it is tempting with this setting.
    Putin 2012

I like orks. Bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Calgus View Post
    I usually do this, hell I'm only playing Rome 2/Attilla now, gotta admit though, it is tempting with this setting.
    I have a feeling it will turn out well. For once CA is not restricted by what happened in real life. We have seen tons of new types units, magic, even flying units, etc. that could never exist in the real world. Sure Warhammer has rules, but there are probably lots of things that aren't in the rules or could be changed for the game. They are probably as free to do what they want as they will even be. Make walls super thick so you can actually maneuver and fight on them? Done. Double the width of streets for the same reason? Done. They can do what they want to make things better. IMO that's great.

If they can get rid/limit of the stupidity of DLC, and get rid of a ton of bugs quickly after release, I think this could go down as one of, if not the best, Total War games.

Aye, it's good they're no longer limited by the gritty realism of flaming pig armies and hordes of Roman Temple-Ninjas.

honestly, i expect this to be a shambles on release and to feel really small and a bit underwhelming with so few factions on release.

and i will still buy it.

what a fucking sucker.

Dark souls 3 and DOOM (pls be good) are coming out so I'll probably just skip this then pirate with all the factions later.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    honestly, i expect this to be a shambles on release and to feel really small and a bit underwhelming with so few factions on release.

and i will still buy it.

what a fucking sucker.
    I'm hoping there's lots of independents early on, other greenskin tribes to put down, rebelling lords to quell, other chaos warbands etc.

One of the things I loved doing with the Total War series is starting with a small faction in a tight spot and through good tactics, timing and diplomacy slowly expanding into a supreme power.

Plus all the management of various towns can get tiring, don't really liek dealing with it off the bat.
    Last edited by Calgus; March 23 2016 at 02:21:41 PM.
    Putin 2012

I pretty much never buy new games now, let alone early access (says the guy who's been playing Naval Action all week...) OK, I try to avoid buying new games, especially ones made by CA. I just wait a year and get a fully patched and modded working version with all the DLC in the Christmas sale. It's fine as long as it's not a flash-in-the-pan multiplayer splurge game like Division, which will last for a few weeks before all but the nolife diehards moves on to the next shiny, and tbf TW serious usually have more longevity than that.

that is exactly the narrative my rational brain feeds me. but it's the drooling dickwad consumerist 'now,now,now' brain generally in charge of any decisions regarding leisure time.

Quote Originally Posted by Calgus View Post

and i will still buy it.

what a fucking sucker.
    I'm hoping there's lots of independents early on, other greenskin tribes to put down, rebelling lords to quell, other chaos warbands etc.

One of the things I loved doing with the Total War series is starting with a small faction in a tight spot and through good tactics, timing and diplomacy slowly expanding into a supreme power.

Plus all the management of various towns can get tiring, don't really liek dealing with it off the bat.
    Feel the same, playing medieval 2 as scotland or as prussia in empire is just so much fun. But the end game is shit, once the first wars are over and you have 5 or 6 provinces you already won the game most times it feels. I really whish another fraction would emerge and it would actually get hard again once you get close to the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

prussia had the easiest starting position on mainland europe imo (taking into account their military is a few steps ahead at the start). i would normally agree with the 'managing big empires is tedious' POV, but the western roman empire campaign in Attila is really good. You start with a HUGE empire that you have to manage, but it's really challenging and all about effective triage. Found is much more engaging than my typical campaigns.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    This looks like 1990s stand-out classic Dark Omen (one of my favourite games of all time - one of an incredibly rare breed of RTSs where you feel enormous RPG-like connection to individual, campaign-persistant units).
    Last edited by Lallante; March 24 2016 at 03:33:16 PM.

prussia had the easiest starting position on mainland europe imo (taking into account their military is a few steps ahead at the start). i would normally agree with the 'managing big empires is tedious' POV, but the western roman empire campaign in Attila is really good. You start with a HUGE empire that you have to manage, but it's really challenging and all about effective triage. Found is much more engaging than my typical campaigns.
    Attila has been superior to any TW release in the last few years. It was actually good at release, with improved mechanics and large empire management - as you said the WRE.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    This looks like 1990s stand-out classic Dark Omen (one of my favourite games of all time - one of an incredibly rare breed of RTSs where you feel enormous RPG-like connection to individual, campaign-persistant units).
    Shadow of the Horned Rat and Dark omen were both absolutely superb.

SOTHR was INCREDIBLY unforgiving though.

will buy and then possibly regret

Vampire Counts vs Empire in a siege skirmish:

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    I am excited for this game.

So am I.