hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1565105112113114115116 LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 2319

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER

Um, naval battles are utter shit in TW games. Did you guys actually enjoy RomeII's or Empire's?

I need TW:W2 to go on a deeper sale.

I think we might be seeing ships play a role in the island battles by providing bombardments, judging by the trailer and some speculation on reddit. Black Arks already give land bombardments and they have said that each pirate leader will have an upgradeable ship that functions like a black ark.

Naval battles in Napoleon TW were epic. Sadly the map was so restrictive that you only ever got to play two battles before gaining naval supremacy. Shogun 2 FOTS were OK but the rest were all mad clickfests where the AI inevitably was able to 'click' faster than a human, even with pause scumming.

Still disappoint they didn't go for a 19th Century TW (Empire/Napoleon 2). I think it has a lot of potential, despite the loud mouths who cry for "unit variation", which are just reskins of the same unit anyway.

Only Naval battles I actually liked was Empires, when it eventually sorted out most of the bugs.

Still, I'd much prefer a standalone game for naval battles as I just don't have faith in CA to implement everything. In the new DLC the ships can walk on land, what more do you want

FotS also had ok naval battles? I think the issue is they had to make the pre-cannon ships much faster so the players wouldn't fall asleep or something. Casuls ruining my historical accuracy authenticity likeness, reee.

I should actually repirate it for confirmation.

tfw game is so old you found a skidrow release
    Last edited by RazoR; October 9 2018 at 11:06:15 AM.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Playing the High Elves on mortal empires is immensely frustrating, half the island hates me for no reason and there are random dark elves running around being wankers

Then a full stack of Bretonians turned up at Lothern and burnt it to the ground for some reason

I've learned the hard way in TW games the only way to win on Legendary is to cheese the AI. The best setting is Hard for campaign and Very Hard for battles. The diplomacy penalties of VH/Legendary are too oppressive.

H/H for me. VH battles tend to make unit stats irrelevant IMHO, due to the insane bonuses the AI gets for a relatively tiny improvement in AI capability to fight intelligently.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrantar View Post
    H/H for me. VH battles tend to make unit stats irrelevant IMHO, due to the insane bonuses the AI gets for a relatively tiny improvement in AI capability to fight intelligently.
    H/H for me too, same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Playing the High Elves on mortal empires is immensely frustrating, half the island hates me for no reason and there are random dark elves running around being wankers

Then a full stack of Bretonians turned up at Lothern and burnt it to the ground for some reason
    To be fair, you are playing Elves and people just hate elves for no good reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

To be fair, you are playing Elves and people just hate elves for no good reason.
    This is complete slander and overgeneralisation. People hate Elves because Elves are complete fucking dicks. It's entirely justified.

You mean elfwashing.

FUCKING KISLEV WHEN

Yeah, bear cavalry would be pretty fun.

When Total War is done (after the 3rd one drops and all DLCs) I think it's going to end up being one of the best TWs ever. The unit variety and heroes/lords will not be replicated across any title anytime soon. CA did a really good job where others have failed.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    (after the 3rd one drops and all DLCs)
    Can't wait for Chaos Dwarves, they have some real nice looking units [and beards].

I've owned TW:W1 with all DLC for a while now, but haven't played. Should I buy TW:WII as well first, or just crack on without it for a bit?

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    I've owned TW:W1 with all DLC for a while now, but haven't played. Should I buy TW:WII as well first, or just crack on without it for a bit?
    Depends how much you want Mortal Empires and a massive unbalanced shitshow of a map

TW2 is pretty much TW1 with more races and some QOL patches

why would you want a balanced map?

Play game 1 first, it will make you appreciate game 2 races more imo. Empire and Orks in particular need a pretty big facelift compared to Tomb Kings..

WH2 is very much more of the same, just bigger and better(ish). Play the first one for a while and see what you think.

Personally my favourite races for the first game w/ DLC are Clan Angrund and Norsca. The latter is probably the closest to WH2 races in terms of how fleshed out they are, and the former has Angry Angry Dwarf Ghosts and a fun start position. Bretonnia is a good shout too.

Empire / Chaos / Beastmen / Orcs are probably the most anemic, though Empire has a pretty fun start position.

empire gets all the best mods though