hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 112 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1262102109110111112113 LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 2241

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    New historical title revealed today. It’s being set in the Three Kingdoms era of China, which could be fairly fantastic.
    take that skub somewhere else peon.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    New historical title revealed today. It’s being set in the Three Kingdoms era of China, which could be fairly fantastic.
    take that skub somewhere else peon.

Last edited by Approaching Walrus; January 10 2018 at 11:18:47 PM.

Dong 'high score' Zhuo

Last edited by Elriche Oshego; January 11 2018 at 12:45:55 AM.

First TW historical title I have zero interest in. Dynasty Warriors meets Shogun.

Released. Now is the time to play as Settra the Imperishable, the King of Kings, High King of Nehekhara, Lord of the Earth, Monarch of the Sky, Ruler of the Four Horizons, Mighty Lion of the Infinite Desert, Great Hawk of the Heavens, Majestic Emperor of the Shifting Sands, Eternal Sovereign of Khemri's legions, etc etc

Time to start a new campaign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Released. Now is the time to play as Settra the Imperishable, the King of Kings, High King of Nehekhara, Lord of the Earth, Monarch of the Sky, Ruler of the Four Horizons, Mighty Lion of the Infinite Desert, Great Hawk of the Heavens, Majestic Emperor of the Shifting Sands, Eternal Sovereign of Khemri's legions, etc etc
    i cant hear you over the roar of my organ gun turning all your skeletons into bone-meal.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    i cant hear you over the roar of my organ gun turning all your skeletons into bone-meal.

Setra is desiccated!

Snek lady is really good but her starting position blows.

I've actually gotten further with her than Settra... but I tried her after. Lizardmen seem like a really strong counter for TKs.

TK starts are like skaven in terms of troop quality except with no economy and no backup army of skaven slaves.. didn't get much success, gonna try again tomorrow.

The Mortal Empire start for Khalida is wayyy easier than the Vortex start btw

edit: as i suspected, the key to early TK armies is chariot micro
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; January 24 2018 at 06:43:38 PM.

But... it's only turn four.

This dlc has finally confirmed i'm just bored of WH:TW now (I don't want to be). I was in fvour of how short the settra campaign was though, it's about a 4 hour campaign in total which imo is better than the usual grind until you can't be arsed and then never finish it (95% of my normal campaigns).

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.

??

never seen a rogue army before ?

they'e usually themed to some extend, that one being bloody obvious.
    Viking, n.:

so i played this again a bit and, eh

the campaign

i just find something with the campaign map/movement utterly annoying, and it's the fact that basically enemy armies can walk into your territory and raze a city practically in one turn, there's very little "warning" and it makes it almost pointless to try and come up with any strategy since whenever I pop out of a city for more than 2 turns some cunt walks in from practically nowhere and in 1 turn fucks up everything i've been building for 30 turns, thereby "making" me saveloadscum my way out of these situations

often i dont even have time for the new hero to build an army before a fullstacked enemy just rolls up and kills him in the city fight

any "mods" that can fix this?
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

playing better might fix this. if you have an enemy why are you fighting in your territory and not theirs? they very rarely attack your cities if you're seiging theirs. they also very rarely attack your cities if you ally with your neighbours and get them involved in the war... the enemy will attack them 1st if they're in the way. if you are at war and not using agents to hinder movement of enemy armies as they start leaving their home, why not? if you're getting war dec'd by surprise are you paying any attention to who people are friendly with and why they're not your mates (if someone is starting to dislike you have you tried doing things they will like, such as agent actions against their enemies?)?

unless you are at war with multiple neighbours bordering your own territory, in which case lol. the only surprise city attacks i ever face are random beastmen/orc hordes that can be held by any walled town garrison and don't require an army.

edit: i suppose this is different for some factions that everyone hates, like skaven/orcs etc. but losing a city isn't really a big deal for them.
    Last edited by Shiodome; February 25 2018 at 01:45:28 PM.

yeah, it was mostly the random spawning/underway moving armies it seems

now that i have a couple days worth of xp in empire and brettonia campaigns and am not a total noob anymore:

TMA mods to install

im now downloading the better camera thing. what else to get for vanilla TWH1?