hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 74 of 93 FirstFirst ... 24647172737475767784 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1847

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER

Actually, I had 2 units of cavalry and one unit of spear men (spear skeletons?) sizzle out while fighting single Chaos cavalry unit in prolonged combat, far away from my heroes.
    Hiro Cor

Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post
    Actually, I had 2 units of cavalry and one unit of spear men (spear skeletons?) sizzle out while fighting single Chaos cavalry unit in prolonged combat, far away from my heroes.
    Checks out. Probably a low base leadership (actually no idea what skeleton base LD is?) and likely losing the fight (if it was Chaos Knights), and no nearby hero. Could see that happening....undead don't perform well independently of their bosses as a general rule of thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post
    had they been empire it would have been a squad broken situation instead, it happens instead of breaking and run away.

undead have fuck all leadership so they "break" easily, only they dont actually break, they fall apart.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

skulls for m'lady

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss View Post
    skulls for m'lady
    lol'd

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tordin Varglund View Post
    I'm not being hyperbolic tho. I genuinely think this is the worst Total War title outside of Empire, but then Empire was a much more ambitious project. They fell flat on their face, but at least they tried to make something different.
    Empire is actually my favourite Total War.
    degenerate spotted
    My Attorney has advised me to remove my new signature until further notice...

Wtf is that unit at 1:26

Is that 4 peasants carrying a knight?

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post

Reliquary I think. Paused it and you can see one holding a horse skull, and looks like a corpse in armour from how it bounces around.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post

Reliquary I think. Paused it and you can see one holding a horse skull, and looks like a corpse in armour from how it bounces around.
    Yep its a grail reliquary. Peasants carry around dead knights for an aoe moral buff. The Knight may or may not be dead when they take their bones off them.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I'm not being hyperbolic tho. I genuinely think this is the worst Total War title outside of Empire, but then Empire was a much more ambitious project. They fell flat on their face, but at least they tried to make something different.
    degenerate spotted
    Empire seems to be whether you're really into that period or not. Until warhammer i even said my personal favourite was the bastard offshoot of Empire, Napoleon. The UI and European map were much better, and the global map in empire was never really a challenge, just a big pile of resources sitting there for who ever wanted it. i've never met anyone that agree with me though

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    degenerate spotted
    Empire seems to be whether you're really into that period or not. Until warhammer i even said my personal favourite was the bastard offshoot of Empire, Napoleon. The UI and European map were much better, and the global map in empire was never really a challenge, just a big pile of resources sitting there for who ever wanted it. i've never met anyone that agree with me though
    as has been said, big ups for the ambition and scale. it just didn't come together for me. also nowadays it ctd on any attempt to open. put me off total wars. I gave shogun 2 a bash and it was great but damage done

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    degenerate spotted
    as has been said, big ups for the ambition and scale. it just didn't come together for me. also nowadays it ctd on any attempt to open. put me off total wars. I gave shogun 2 a bash and it was great but damage done

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    It was the worst by far. Combat was boring, units were shit, ai turns took years

Thread proves that different people have different tastes. Who knew.

Quote Originally Posted by friznit View Post
    lets shut it down. Forum OVER

Plot twist: what if some people's taste is WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

(mine isn't, obviously)

You're still [literally Hitler] for liking Empire tho

more like Hitler's role model, the glorious Frederick the Great. Top Prussian lad as voted by Aryan monthly, 46 years in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss View Post
    You're still [literally Hitler] for liking Empire tho
    Not only that, but I like Rome 2 as well. The two most derided Total War games and for some reason I enjoy them the most. I admit, I'm probably Stalin as well. Stalin Hitler. Stitler.

Medieval was the best.