hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 73 of 109 FirstFirst ... 23637071727374757683 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2171

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER

  1. #1441

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    4,110
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameisValidandNotinUs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    I'd argue its just straight up the best total war.
    This
    Yes I agree.

    I think they can easily spend the next 3-5 years fleshing this out into a full blown universe and I will still be playing new factions as they release them.

    They are just so unique and interesting.



    What about Warhammer naval? is it a possibility?
    I can't think of a single noteworthy bit of lore/writing about Naval stuff in Warhammer fantasy beyond the Edgy Elves being pirates/raiders
    You obviously never played Man O' War then.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_O%27_War_(game)

  2. #1442
    Banned
    Join Date
    November 4, 2015
    Posts
    3,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameisValidandNotinUs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    I'd argue its just straight up the best total war.
    This
    Yes I agree.

    I think they can easily spend the next 3-5 years fleshing this out into a full blown universe and I will still be playing new factions as they release them.

    They are just so unique and interesting.



    What about Warhammer naval? is it a possibility?
    I can't think of a single noteworthy bit of lore/writing about Naval stuff in Warhammer fantasy beyond the Edgy Elves being pirates/raiders
    You obviously never played Man O' War then.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_O%27_War_(game)
    Yeah I said noteworthy
    [img]http://orig14.deviantart.net/351d/f/2015/121/c/0/_cover_zing__krul_tepes_by_skanantene-d8rqmf5.png[/img]

  3. #1443

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    6,441
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameisValidandNotinUs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameisValidandNotinUs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    I'd argue its just straight up the best total war.
    This
    Yes I agree.

    I think they can easily spend the next 3-5 years fleshing this out into a full blown universe and I will still be playing new factions as they release them.

    They are just so unique and interesting.



    What about Warhammer naval? is it a possibility?
    I can't think of a single noteworthy bit of lore/writing about Naval stuff in Warhammer fantasy beyond the Edgy Elves being pirates/raiders
    You obviously never played Man O' War then.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_O%27_War_(game)
    Yeah I said noteworthy
    Oh no you fucking didn't. Man'O'war was one of the best games they ever made.

  4. #1444
    Donor Shiodome's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    I am a white male.
    Posts
    4,828
    hmmm, i guess you're entitled to your opinion... but it's a minority one.

  5. #1445

    Join Date
    May 10, 2011
    Location
    Unsubbed
    Posts
    2,457
    Haven't had much time to play lately. But through streaming it looks like MP has been pretty balanced.

  6. #1446
    Kilabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,374
    I would only love to see a gamemode in which I build my army and queue up with that. Setting the roster to only have the opponent swap race and insta log in gets old after a bit.

    And that would force more balanced armies perhaps. Aspiring Champions Tournament or whatever it was called had all participants submit a single army list and they had to play that to the end.

  7. #1447

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NCdot
    Posts
    1,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tordin Varglund View Post
    I'm not being hyperbolic tho. I genuinely think this is the worst Total War title outside of Empire, but then Empire was a much more ambitious project. They fell flat on their face, but at least they tried to make something different.
    Empire is actually my favourite Total War.
    I was keeping silent out of fear of the SHC echo chamber but I'm glad I'm not the only one! I also really enjoy Rome 2 and still play it more than any other Total War.

    I recognise all the flaws that everyone mentions, perceived and real, but I still really enjoy both games. Attilla is good, despite late Empire theme, but latest patch seems to desync constantly in MP Coop.

  8. #1448

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    4,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameisValidandNotinUs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameisValidandNotinUs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    I'd argue its just straight up the best total war.
    This
    Yes I agree.

    I think they can easily spend the next 3-5 years fleshing this out into a full blown universe and I will still be playing new factions as they release them.

    They are just so unique and interesting.



    What about Warhammer naval? is it a possibility?
    I can't think of a single noteworthy bit of lore/writing about Naval stuff in Warhammer fantasy beyond the Edgy Elves being pirates/raiders
    You obviously never played Man O' War then.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_O%27_War_(game)
    Yeah I said noteworthy
    Oh no you fucking didn't. Man'O'war was one of the best games they ever made.
    Its main problem was that you could have a good game with a dozen ships on each side, thereby limiting the amount of money that GW could make from selling miniatures.

  9. #1449
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    20,178
    Isabelle is already in steam but doesn't unlock till the 28th

  10. #1450

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    6,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameisValidandNotinUs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameisValidandNotinUs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    I'd argue its just straight up the best total war.
    This
    Yes I agree.

    I think they can easily spend the next 3-5 years fleshing this out into a full blown universe and I will still be playing new factions as they release them.

    They are just so unique and interesting.



    What about Warhammer naval? is it a possibility?
    I can't think of a single noteworthy bit of lore/writing about Naval stuff in Warhammer fantasy beyond the Edgy Elves being pirates/raiders
    You obviously never played Man O' War then.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_O%27_War_(game)
    Yeah I said noteworthy
    Oh no you fucking didn't. Man'O'war was one of the best games they ever made.
    Its main problem was that you could have a good game with a dozen ships on each side, thereby limiting the amount of money that GW could make from selling miniatures.
    To be honest, it did have one other big problem. You basically needed a 2nd table to put the ship damage cards on. It took up so much room, and there was a LOT of bookkeeping.

  11. #1451
    Corwyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Croatistan
    Posts
    3,227
    I picked this up this weekend and I'm really hooked (got it trough Humble Bundle, just base game, so far at least). Went for vampires for first campaign and it was all nice and dandy till Chaos shows up. And no, not for the expected reasons. Fights with Chaos are first ones that are actually big enough to be drawn out. And I started noticing that my troops are sizzling out...

    Yeah, I think this is about time I start reading the manual

    It did happen before, but in such small numbers I didn't really pay attention to it
    Hiro Cor

  12. #1452
    Shaikar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Kador
    Posts
    1,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post
    I picked this up this weekend and I'm really hooked (got it trough Humble Bundle, just base game, so far at least). Went for vampires for first campaign and it was all nice and dandy till Chaos shows up. And no, not for the expected reasons. Fights with Chaos are first ones that are actually big enough to be drawn out. And I started noticing that my troops are sizzling out...

    Yeah, I think this is about time I start reading the manual

    It did happen before, but in such small numbers I didn't really pay attention to it
    It's what undead do instead of running away. (Also, if your lord dies, you're in for a bad time as they're the ones keeping your skellingtons up. )

  13. #1453

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    6,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post
    I picked this up this weekend and I'm really hooked (got it trough Humble Bundle, just base game, so far at least). Went for vampires for first campaign and it was all nice and dandy till Chaos shows up. And no, not for the expected reasons. Fights with Chaos are first ones that are actually big enough to be drawn out. And I started noticing that my troops are sizzling out...

    Yeah, I think this is about time I start reading the manual

    It did happen before, but in such small numbers I didn't really pay attention to it
    It's what undead do instead of running away. (Also, if your lord dies, you're in for a bad time as they're the ones keeping your skellingtons up. )
    This. All morale effects will start to contribute towards them falling apart....being flanked, losing the fight, outnumbered, general dead etc.
    They'll hold forever, but they start to melt if their morale gets too low.

  14. #1454
    Corwyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Croatistan
    Posts
    3,227
    Actually, I had 2 units of cavalry and one unit of spear men (spear skeletons?) sizzle out while fighting single Chaos cavalry unit in prolonged combat, far away from my heroes.
    Hiro Cor

  15. #1455

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    6,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post
    Actually, I had 2 units of cavalry and one unit of spear men (spear skeletons?) sizzle out while fighting single Chaos cavalry unit in prolonged combat, far away from my heroes.
    Checks out. Probably a low base leadership (actually no idea what skeleton base LD is?) and likely losing the fight (if it was Chaos Knights), and no nearby hero. Could see that happening....undead don't perform well independently of their bosses as a general rule of thumb.

  16. #1456
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post
    Actually, I had 2 units of cavalry and one unit of spear men (spear skeletons?) sizzle out while fighting single Chaos cavalry unit in prolonged combat, far away from my heroes.
    had they been empire it would have been a squad broken situation instead, it happens instead of breaking and run away.


    undead have fuck all leadership so they "break" easily, only they dont actually break, they fall apart.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  17. #1457
    Donor Shiodome's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    I am a white male.
    Posts
    4,828

  18. #1458
    Swiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3, 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,136
    skulls for m'lady

  19. #1459
    Sp4m's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5, 2013
    Posts
    5,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiss View Post
    skulls for m'lady
    lol'd

  20. #1460
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    6,302
    Wtf is that unit at 1:26

    Is that 4 peasants carrying a knight?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •