hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 73 of 109 FirstFirst ... 23637071727374757683 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2171

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER

Quote Originally Posted by UsernameisValidandNotinUs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    I'd argue its just straight up the best total war.
    This
    Yes I agree.

I think they can easily spend the next 3-5 years fleshing this out into a full blown universe and I will still be playing new factions as they release them.

They are just so unique and interesting.

What about Warhammer naval? is it a possibility?
    I can't think of a single noteworthy bit of lore/writing about Naval stuff in Warhammer fantasy beyond the Edgy Elves being pirates/raiders
    You obviously never played Man O' War then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_O%27_War_(game)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    This
    Yes I agree.

I think they can easily spend the next 3-5 years fleshing this out into a full blown universe and I will still be playing new factions as they release them.

I can't think of a single noteworthy bit of lore/writing about Naval stuff in Warhammer fantasy beyond the Edgy Elves being pirates/raiders

Yeah I said noteworthy
    [img]http://orig14.deviantart.net/351d/f/2015/121/c/0/_cover_zing__krul_tepes_by_skanantene-d8rqmf5.png[/img]

This
    Yes I agree.

Yeah I said noteworthy
    Oh no you fucking didn't. Man'O'war was one of the best games they ever made.

hmmm, i guess you're entitled to your opinion... but it's a minority one.

Haven't had much time to play lately. But through streaming it looks like MP has been pretty balanced.

I would only love to see a gamemode in which I build my army and queue up with that. Setting the roster to only have the opponent swap race and insta log in gets old after a bit.

And that would force more balanced armies perhaps. Aspiring Champions Tournament or whatever it was called had all participants submit a single army list and they had to play that to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Tordin Varglund View Post
    I'm not being hyperbolic tho. I genuinely think this is the worst Total War title outside of Empire, but then Empire was a much more ambitious project. They fell flat on their face, but at least they tried to make something different.
    Empire is actually my favourite Total War.
    I was keeping silent out of fear of the SHC echo chamber but I'm glad I'm not the only one! I also really enjoy Rome 2 and still play it more than any other Total War.

I recognise all the flaws that everyone mentions, perceived and real, but I still really enjoy both games. Attilla is good, despite late Empire theme, but latest patch seems to desync constantly in MP Coop.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    This
    Yes I agree.

Yeah I said noteworthy
    Its main problem was that you could have a good game with a dozen ships on each side, thereby limiting the amount of money that GW could make from selling miniatures.

Isabelle is already in steam but doesn't unlock till the 28th

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    This
    Yes I agree.

Yeah I said noteworthy
    Its main problem was that you could have a good game with a dozen ships on each side, thereby limiting the amount of money that GW could make from selling miniatures.
    To be honest, it did have one other big problem. You basically needed a 2nd table to put the ship damage cards on. It took up so much room, and there was a LOT of bookkeeping.

I picked this up this weekend and I'm really hooked (got it trough Humble Bundle, just base game, so far at least). Went for vampires for first campaign and it was all nice and dandy till Chaos shows up. And no, not for the expected reasons. Fights with Chaos are first ones that are actually big enough to be drawn out. And I started noticing that my troops are sizzling out...

Yeah, I think this is about time I start reading the manual

It did happen before, but in such small numbers I didn't really pay attention to it
    Hiro Cor

Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post
    I picked this up this weekend and I'm really hooked (got it trough Humble Bundle, just base game, so far at least). Went for vampires for first campaign and it was all nice and dandy till Chaos shows up. And no, not for the expected reasons. Fights with Chaos are first ones that are actually big enough to be drawn out. And I started noticing that my troops are sizzling out...

It did happen before, but in such small numbers I didn't really pay attention to it
    It's what undead do instead of running away. (Also, if your lord dies, you're in for a bad time as they're the ones keeping your skellingtons up. )

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post

It's what undead do instead of running away. (Also, if your lord dies, you're in for a bad time as they're the ones keeping your skellingtons up. )
    This. All morale effects will start to contribute towards them falling apart....being flanked, losing the fight, outnumbered, general dead etc.
    They'll hold forever, but they start to melt if their morale gets too low.

Actually, I had 2 units of cavalry and one unit of spear men (spear skeletons?) sizzle out while fighting single Chaos cavalry unit in prolonged combat, far away from my heroes.
    Hiro Cor

Actually, I had 2 units of cavalry and one unit of spear men (spear skeletons?) sizzle out while fighting single Chaos cavalry unit in prolonged combat, far away from my heroes.
    Checks out. Probably a low base leadership (actually no idea what skeleton base LD is?) and likely losing the fight (if it was Chaos Knights), and no nearby hero. Could see that happening....undead don't perform well independently of their bosses as a general rule of thumb.

had they been empire it would have been a squad broken situation instead, it happens instead of breaking and run away.

undead have fuck all leadership so they "break" easily, only they dont actually break, they fall apart.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

skulls for m'lady

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss View Post
    skulls for m'lady
    lol'd

Wtf is that unit at 1:26

Is that 4 peasants carrying a knight?