hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111118119120121
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2415

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER

As far as I had the "macro" AI figured out, you're right. Only make contact with other races that will be friendly to you and can trade with, only make contact with potential enemy races once you're ready to go to war with them.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    you're actually better off not taking marienburg. doing so contests the sea region shared with norsca tribes and causes them to start invading you much sooner. as odd as it sounds, norsca behave as if they don't even know you exist if you just expand inland. pushing east and taking out the vampire counts early (which in turn allows the dwarves to get established and give you a solid southern border), is definitely the more effective approach. joining the war against vampires alongside averland/stirland/talabecland also speeds up confederating the south, as you have more opportunities to return provinces to them.
    So I've been told, but I never really have much of a problem with Norsca to begin with, and they seem to eventually discover me later anyway.

The whole Norscaswarm thing, and all other enemies, basically changes from game to game. I'd wager it depends a lot on RNG, as in do the Norscans/Vampires/Skaven/enemyfaction win 2-3 battles early and steamroll their initial enemy/yourfriendlyfaction or does their initial enemy stop them for long enough you have a chance to work on your own economy and tech in peace (fighting just your initial enemy or two) that you can then roll in 20 turns later than normal and fight the war on your own terms, on their territory, while they're weaker than what they could be.

Also, difficulty setting changes things a LOT. Normal is easy, hard can be challenging, very hard is just straight up bullshit uphill battle, and I dunno why anyone plays on legendary cause you'll have to cheese the cheese out of cheese to succeed.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

I play on VH.

Legendary is BS due to the auto-resolve bollox. You're forced to fight too many fights manually. They really need to fix auto-resolve or show us outcomes beforehand like other TW games. It's also pants on head retarded as well where it randomly just decides to kill off a single artillery unit because fuck you lol.

But aren't manual battles the point of TW? Besides, I've lost artillery in manual because sometimes i forgot to leave at least one defending unit with it cause I was facing 6 units with my full stack and just "cleaning up"... Only for them to summon something/throw a spell/send a flanker through the woods straight for the arty and kill it cause I was not careful. So I wouldn't say autoresolve is broken. It has to be "unfair" to make you play battles manually and make sure you win with minimal losses, otherwise we'd game/abuse the system and never lose any whole unit.

VH isn't really much harder it's just more grindy and less fun, so pointless. If you have 'stuff', lightening strike and a decent AoE mage you can get by fine until you're rolling doomstacks, then it's a foregone conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    But aren't manual battles the point of TW? Besides, I've lost artillery in manual because sometimes i forgot to leave at least one defending unit with it cause I was facing 6 units with my full stack and just "cleaning up"... Only for them to summon something/throw a spell/send a flanker through the woods straight for the arty and kill it cause I was not careful. So I wouldn't say autoresolve is broken. It has to be "unfair" to make you play battles manually and make sure you win with minimal losses, otherwise we'd game/abuse the system and never lose any whole unit.
    Not when I can put my army in a line, and send them forward. And outperform the "auto resolve."

Fighting most battles in this game is just tedium and the opposite of fun. I'll just auto-resolve most crap and load the quick save if it does something fully retarded.

manually fighting equal sizes stacks = fun, manually fighting your doomstack murderizing a level 1 goblin shaman with 3 spear gobbos, 2 archer gobbos and a unit of spiders ?

meh.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Black Orc Big Boss released today as part of the Skulls for the Skull Throne event.
    Last edited by Meester; May 29 2020 at 03:49:57 AM.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Approaching Walrus again.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Approaching Walrus again.
    Got your back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

>when you realize squat marines are never coming back.

on a 'complete all achievements' thing at the moment. so doing chaos campaign on legendary, it's so fucking boring. pretty much the only thing viable is shaggoth doomstacks. because you're constantly swarmed by several empire armies with 4 rocket launcher each you just can't take really slow armoured infantry. (you'd win the first battle, but take too many casualties for the other 3 battles on same turn). so it's several identical battles every turn for 150 turns, it's one of those 'victory is entirely inevitable but i just can't be bothered' games. :S

Yeah Mortal Empires campaigns are a slog. Vortex is a lot more entertaining of a campaign IMO.