hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 64 of 82 FirstFirst ... 14546162636465666774 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1629

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER

i'm not very good at using spells/heroes in general. I do okay, but i'm very much aware that there is people who play this at several tiers above my level.
    Which is completely fine ofc
    go away

Its why I prefer playing orcs, if I lose because the tactical sophistication is limited to just throwing (more) dudes at a problem, at least I lose in character.

And admittedly, this has been the only game which has ever gotten me to rage on TS after losing games, courtesy to grand admiral hoggbert...

add me on steam and lets play, im mediocre at best.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    I've lost to Ninjahund a few times, but never an ass beating.

The only ass beatings I keep taking are against Morghur and the Red Duke. It's all about them spamming in new units constantly. I just had a match against Mousillion. Death ball of mixed troops with a Mortis Engine and the Red Duke. Their army had 1400 to start with. My army ended up with 1900 kills....
    One of the nice things about this game IMO is that as long as you can keep the fundamentals nailed down, it'll rarely be a true ass beating. The game is mostly won or lost due to little things and smart choices.

At least to me, thats better than games where its common to get absolutely rapetrained and kill like....1 dude.

I've lost to Ninjahund a few times, but never an ass beating.

The only ass beatings I keep taking are against Morghur and the Red Duke. It's all about them spamming in new units constantly. I just had a match against Mousillion. Death ball of mixed troops with a Mortis Engine and the Red Duke. Their army had 1400 to start with. My army ended up with 1900 kills....
    literally the exact way undead should be. also i kind of feel beastmen needed morgur to balance out their shit tier infantry that might as well not turn up if there's a single terror causing unit in the opponents army. it gives them some kind of back bone, and the spawn really don't last long.

I wouldn't mind it if Vortex spells worked better. You should be able to punish a deathball with AoE magic. But AoE magic is shit tier.

I won the match, but god damn the amount of raise deads was awful.

EDIT: I should be Jones Bones on Steam. What's the FHC TS info?

Crooked Moon campaign is so hilarious.

we should set up some 2v2's or smth at some point
    psycho freak > BBC fleet

I do want to play this online.

I want them to get a campaign map working with more than two people.

The fun we could have, especially with unit sharing/npc army command in every fight.

If only they could do it so every human player had the same turn, somehow...

the waiting for your turn thing is tedious even with 2 players.

hmmm.. Frozen Synapse style grand campaign map.. Would make strategic movement much more interresting as well.

I've given up on hardcore RPing all the time, getting quite a few more wins now. When in doubt, flying death squad (chaos lord on dragon, sorcerer on manticore, 2x manticores).

I had a great matchup against Empire this morning. Dude baited my flying squad into charging his Luminark that was sniping us. Netted my Lord, and then pulled the Silver Bullets out of stalk. Between the Luminark and the Silver Bullets he melted. Thankfully I brought a Lore of Death Sorcerer and 2x overcasted Spirit Leechs on the Luminark nuked it pretty bad.

Chaos Marauders with GW aren't bad if you throw them 2-3 chevrons. People love to spam AP units against Chaos so it's fun to bring units with low armor and decent melee attack/defense.

I've given up on hardcore RPing all the time, getting quite a few more wins now. When in doubt, flying death squad (chaos lord on dragon, sorcerer on manticore, 2x manticores).

I had a great matchup against Empire this morning. Dude baited my flying squad into charging his Luminark that was sniping us. Netted my Lord, and then pulled the Silver Bullets out of stalk. Between the Luminark and the Silver Bullets he melted. Thankfully I brought a Lore of Death Sorcerer and 2x overcasted Spirit Leechs on the Luminark nuked it pretty bad.

Chaos Marauders with GW aren't bad if you throw them 2-3 chevrons. People love to spam AP units against Chaos so it's fun to bring units with low armor and decent melee attack/defense.
    I got absolutely nuked the other day against a chaos build like that, absolute nightmare. He had the everwatcher bouncing around all my ranged units and I couldnt keep him pinned with 2 slayers, 2 hellcannons nuked a unit of ironbreakers I had. then a bunch of GW marauders demolished my GW longbeards. GG and GN
    psycho freak > BBC fleet

Quote Originally Posted by BOOLER View Post

I got absolutely nuked the other day against a chaos build like that, absolute nightmare. He had the everwatcher bouncing around all my ranged units and I couldnt keep him pinned with 2 slayers, 2 hellcannons nuked a unit of ironbreakers I had. then a bunch of GW marauders demolished my GW longbeards. GG and GN
    GW?

nvm, great weapons.

i would have though AP would be the used term.

there is a couple of flavours of AP in infantry form, greatweapons (including greatswords etc) and halberds which are anti large. Greatweapons have a faster attack speed iirc than halberds
    psycho freak > BBC fleet

I have a new pet hate as dorf, arachnarok queen. Spams baby spiders so much and no way to hold it down. You can kill it with trollhammers quite nicely but good luck getting a shot off when it strolls through your frontlines and spams spiders on your ranged.

Best option is to cannon its face at long range but that restricts you quite a lot.

My new fave dorf unit (apart from grumbling guard) is the gob lobber. That thing is fucking A+
    psycho freak > BBC fleet

My go to for fighting the Dawi as Chaos is Kholek and Chaos Warriors with GW. I'll use a Hellcannon to get whatever the most expensive infantry is down to less than 50% HP before the fight starts. I'll also use armored trolls for flanking and a unit of throwing axe horses to harass and break routing units. 2-3 units of Aspired Champs as well in case they bring the ethereal units.

My worst match up is generally against Greenskins. The Black Orcs trade well against Chaos infantry and Nasty Skulkers can do lots of things to your flanks. Goblin Big bosses are also cheap and can focus down your lord and heroes.

Have you considered a terror build for fighting GS? I know that black orcs are immune to terror but isolating them and surrounding them with monsters/dragon ogres would take them down fast. I would imagine that kholek and a shaggoth would absolutely murderize a big spider in no time at all too.
    psycho freak > BBC fleet