hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 103 of 105 FirstFirst ... 35393100101102103104105 LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2100

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER

Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    so apparently warlock engineer buffs stack, line of warp lighting cannons + 2-3 leveled engineers = Trench run turbo laser crossfire.

My current main army has 4 clanrats and 3 stormvermin to hold the line, the rest is all artillery, support or globadiers. The melee troops hold out barely enough for the tattered remains of whatever army to see them off in a hail of globadier fire.
    Warp lightning cannons are ridiculous against anything large, definitely a must build against Lizards / FakeTombKings.

My jam is now warp bombs though, granted you have to be in your territory to use em, but they are super absurd. Don't give a shit about fancy Elf infantry when I can just ALLAHU RATBAR them with some warpbombing skaven slaves

Yeah I've done that just spawn some clanrats with terror from below, into the middle of them all and ALLAHU RATBAR for top bants

sent from your mum

With the garrison structure on rat settlements I can hold off a single full stack without breaking a sweat. Menace + bomb + walls makes rats very hard to deal with.

New fun thing:
    Doomwheel + Skitterleap + Death Frenzy + banner of swiftness.
    Last edited by Torashuu; October 10 2017 at 11:34:47 AM.

Teclis is a straight up beast once levelled up. The nutter can literally hold a choke point map solo vs 4k skaven armies (if you go out of your way 'treasure hunting' to find magic power regen items e.g wand of jet, and get his quest items for -cooldown on arc lightening.)

get him on a horse so he isn't knocked down / interrupted casting, run him into any fight in the world happy that his hp regen is nuts and throw spells about like a god. when not being silly a single cast of 'flaming sword' can give all your archers +armour piercing, +flaming damage (and -flame resist map wide to enemy), +hp regen, +damage resistance, +speed while slowing down all flyers and increasing his wind of magic total and regen... the buffs on top of buffs mean i've never needed to take anything other than the spearmen/archers i added to the army in the 1st 5 turns.

it's quite fun having a lord that can solo multiple armies with magic :3 even if it's a bit OP

My queek campaign is grinding to a halt. Don't have enough territories to support 2 armies, but have elves to the west, elves to the east both across the ocean who generate 2-4 doomstacks every 10 turns or so. Still havent cleared the Last Defenders and now the local dwarves are also joining in. Queek is running around murdering everybody who shows up but I simply cannot get enough economic buffer to spend on a 2nd army so I can take some territory.

My queek campaign is grinding to a halt. Don't have enough territories to support 2 armies, but have elves to the west, elves to the east both across the ocean who generate 2-4 doomstacks every 10 turns or so. Still havent cleared the Last Defenders and now the local dwarves are also joining in. Queek is running around murdering everybody who shows up but I simply cannot get enough economic buffer to spend on a 2nd army so I can take some territory.
    a familiar tale, i can afford a second army of rabble, which is good for supporting queek, but worthless on its own.

I've found W2 encourages you to get a second army out very early.

The first thing I do is create a second lord, who then heads out to sea solo looking for treasure. Many of the wrecks give you big injections of 5k to 10k cash, which I then turn into a second army of low-quality troops that heads out sacking cities along the coast all over the map (while also getting more treasure from wrecks). This easily funds a third army.

W2 is a naval themed map, you really have to take advantage of that and go pirating.

Problem with that is the two elfs nearby who have 2-3 stacks sailing around early, and sea battles -> autoresolve -> skaven get mashed into a pulp. Also, because Queek now has a fair amount of elites in his army recruiting a second lord costs me an easy 4k in extra upkeep. With 3 provinces I barely get +2k and its getting near turn 90. I had 2 armies for a while, while running a 1,5k-2k deficit just making it up through fighting and raiding, but some sneaky dorfs decked me and hunted down my secondary army.

Any setback is also promptly capitalized on by the surrounding AI which means I am continuously putting down fires. (read, trying to mop up 3-4 full stacks in my territory every 10 turns or so)
    Luckily the Skaven defensive structures with high corruption make for very defensible garrisons, but by now attacking armies are getting close to 50% Dragons/Phoenixes, which is rather ridiculous.

I will give it a try hunting for treasure, but I think it might be too late for this campaign for sure.
    Last edited by Torashuu; October 12 2017 at 02:15:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    I've found W2 encourages you to get a second army out very early.

The first thing I do is create a second lord, who then heads out to sea solo looking for treasure. Many of the wrecks give you big injections of 5k to 10k cash, which I then turn into a second army of low-quality troops that heads out sacking cities along the coast all over the map (while also getting more treasure from wrecks). This easily funds a third army.

W2 is a naval themed map, you really have to take advantage of that and go pirating.
    I've done a bit of that but will definitely be doing a lot more in my next playthrough as HE. I'm also only playing on Normal so it's been easier going than those on VH or legendary.

Ah yeah, my queek campaign is on legendary.

It's definitely a good bit tougher than WH1 campaigns. I was also lucky enough that I didn't "wake up" the elves on the south east islands until the event on turn 80, by which time I already had Fortress of Dawn burnt to the ground and the lizards eradicated from the Southlands.

I'm just playing on Hard at the moment and that's plenty enough for me with Queek. Need to get those warpstone reactors up quick sharp to get the economy moving.

Right, campaign ended at turn 87.

So after dorfs took out my 2nd army, everyone piled in, 2 stacks from the Dusk elves, 3 stacks of Tor Elasor elves, 2 Lizard men, and 2 dorfs (damaged) vs Queek. Made a small error in moving him after nuking 1 lizardmen army and he got doubleteamed by 2 elf stacks in forced march stance. Ofcourse I get a very hilly map with lots of forrest so my artillery can't do enough. Close defeat. A tear was shed.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Doing a WH1 Wood Elf legendary campaign and I completely forgot about Chaos

They've now burnt half the map but don't seem to want to declare war on me so they're just walking through my lands to fight the bretonnians

Hmm

Started a Mazdamundi campaign: Well, thats alot easier, 12 turns in and I am autoresolving against a 2 half-stacks of norse and a garrison with minimal losses. (80%+ win odds), now off to nuke some savage orks.

Nicholai's tip is golden. I didn't get much cash injections but of the 4 wrecks I picked up so far have given massive empire economy boosts, either through reduced upkeep, construction costs or improved income.
    Getting a bit anoyed I cannot boost my new settlements with food though, building up infrastructure takes ages, oh and replenishing troops also takes alot longer. With Queek even with a pyrric win I'd be full strength again at 2 turns tops.

edit:
    Thinking about the queek campaign, appart from not utilizing the treasure hunting bit there are a few other economic tools I didn't utilize. Skaven Warlords have a blue skill that increases tax income faction-wide. Combined with an upkeep reduction skill and super cheap clanrats/skavenslaves (slaves have 1/5th the upkeep of clanrats) seems a prudent way to generate multiple armies early on to gain that momentum. The very high amounts of casualty replenishment rates you can get also seems to reinforce the making of armies that suffer lots of casualties on purpose.

So rather than try to create armies that kill the opponent without take much damage, you should keep them 'low powered'? So you can have more of them and thus do more with them.

Queek also starts with 2 (3) tradegoods nearby, and I was wondering how to utilize them, since no one really likes you. I guess you could send your first agent across the ocean to Skrolk in the hopes of generating a trade agreement.
    Last edited by Torashuu; October 13 2017 at 11:08:24 AM.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    A skaven army meant to "kill the opponent without take much damage" doesn't sound very Skaven to me tbh

Drown them in the bodies of your slaves

Having an army that kills the enemy is tricky to get & expensive, but efficient. Having an army that drowns the enemy in skaven slave bodies is cheap and easy to get, but does not kill the enemy.

Having an army that kills the enemy is tricky to get & expensive, but efficient. Having an army that drowns the enemy in skaven slave bodies is cheap and easy to get, but does not kill the enemy.
    Then you need more bodies

something something 20 unit cards max.

something something 20 unit cards max.
    reeeeeeeeeee

(that doesn't include summons though)

summons are limited in number too, and simply spamming clanrates/slaves only works against lower tier/incomplete armies. Past turn 10 you are going to need something that actually hurts opponents in a manner that is efficient for the gold you invest. In that sense slaves/clanrats do not scale well, because more means more armies means +15% global upkeep apiece.

But I'm sure you've beaten the Queek campaign on legendary with just clanrats/slaves already, right? After all that is why you're giving me this advice...