hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 337380818283
Results 1,641 to 1,655 of 1655

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER

I still can't bring myself to finish a Chaos Grand Campaign yet. Waiting for your units to replenish is the fucking bane of my existence.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    I still can't bring myself to finish a Chaos Grand Campaign yet. Waiting for your units to replenish is the fucking bane of my existence.
    Tons of mods increasing Chaos replenishment, and it's 100% needed because fuuuuuck that.

You know chaos is balanced around merging and recruiting new units.

Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post

Right?
    No their income is absurdly high so you can have fuckloads of hordes clearly

Right?
    That doesn't help Kholek or Archaon or my casters when they survive an epic battle @ 10% health...

It also sucks as for some of your more elite units. Dragon Ogres, Giants, etc. You don't normally roll with more than 1 or 2 in a stack.

sounds like balance to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    Yep.

It's what stops you going full-on-super-elite units. You need cannon-fodder units in each army that can be re-recruited in a single turn.

The difficult part of playing chaos on a tactical level is ensuring these fodder units soak the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    Yep.

It's what stops you going full-on-super-elite units. You need cannon-fodder units in each army that can be re-recruited in a single turn.

The difficult part of playing chaos on a tactical level is ensuring these fodder units soak the damage.
    Also difficult on strategic level when you cba to manually sit through a stomp battle.

Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. I don't mind being tactical with my more elite units. But suggesting multiple stacks of more varied units is hampered by the infighting mechanic. That works great for Beastmen, but when Big Bird shows up for Chaos you HAVE to have an elite stack or you get dumpstered.

I guess I mainly just find the Chaos campaign boring. Lots of sitting around or sacking cities twice to maximize xp/loot. I also wish your awakened tribes who be allied to each other... It would be nice to invade the South with some vassals instead of having them constantly murder each other instead of Skaeling/Varg.

Awakened tribes need to attacked and subjugated after you awaken them, to turn them into vassals that won't war with each other. This combined with unit merging/re-recruiting is considered Chaos gameplay 101.

Lightning strike is a must have for combating enemy murderballs with single balanced armies that have 12-14 elite units and 6-8 disposable units. You can occasionally form up multiple armies for key fights and as long as you plan your moves and maintain spacing before the turn ends, you can avoid infighting. Elite stacks can be formed up from multiple stacks on-demand for mission/event fights.

If you don't like the challenge involved in managing elite units that are super-vulnerable to battlefield attrition, then you are going to hate the Chaos campaign. It's very true that the Chaos campaign is going to be quite boring if you intentionally avoid the mechanics Chaos have to stop it being boring.

The only valid criticism is that their intended gamely style forces you to manually fight curb-stomps, but you can mitigate that by running curb-stomps at high speed and just fighting with your disposable units.

Awakened tribes need to attacked and subjugated after you awaken them, to turn them into vassals that won't war with each other. This combined with unit merging/re-recruiting is considered Chaos gameplay 101.
    So in order to min/max the Chaos campaign you sack a settlement. Then you awaken it. Then you attack it again to subjugate it.

Compelling gameplay.

So in order to min/max the Chaos campaign you sack a settlement. Then you awaken it. Then you attack it again to subjugate it.

Compelling gameplay.
    It's pretty shit.

On another note I've been enjoying the Steel Faith Overhaul mod. It shakes up gameplay quite a bit and makes for some interesting battles. It's neat to have truly elite units. It's also interesting to have some of the diplomacy tweaked so making war/peace seems more lore friendly.

On another note I've been enjoying the Steel Faith Overhaul mod. It shakes up gameplay quite a bit and makes for some interesting battles. It's neat to have truly elite units. It's also interesting to have some of the diplomacy tweaked so making war/peace seems more lore friendly.
    It's about the only full overhaul I have tried that doesn't make me quit and turn it off within 30 minutes.
    It's not perfect, but pretty good stuff.

Brettonian campaign is my favorite in the game so far. At least with SFO. There's a slow, natural process to uniting the Frenchies while you and your fellow frenchies are under assault by orcs, vampires, Welves, Beastmen and mountain dawi.