hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 113 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1363103110111112113114 LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 2271

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER

home region move bonus is pretty mandatory

here's a nice mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1327356938
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; March 11 2018 at 10:39:26 PM.

so, starting today my TW:WH1 wont start.

TW has stopped working message after their start menu screen (where you choose mods, continue campaign etc)

anyone had any experience with this?

edit: nvm - turns out my mods had to be redownloaded for some reason so game wouldnt start until i did so
    Last edited by Lief Siddhe; April 28 2018 at 03:43:39 PM.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    so, starting today my TW:WH1 wont start.

TW has stopped working message after their start menu screen (where you choose mods, continue campaign etc)

anyone had any experience with this?
    tried different DirectX settings? borderless/fullscreen changing etc?

it has been 3000 years

also coming out, additional ROR and Norsca, along with a Dwarf redesign and giant slayers (slayers with great weapons, who cares?)
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    also coming out, additional ROR and Norsca, along with a Dwarf redesign and giant slayers (slayers with great weapons, who cares?)
    Sayers are dope you uncultured swine

Literally Dreamt as a child being able to give a character the sword of Khaine (yes I know end times but that doesn't exist in my world). Also I've been playing warhammer for too long...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    they're a zero-armor unit in a army reliant on armor over mobility, they're supposed to be anti-large but they can't tank charges because they can't brace and they die in frightening numbers when even the weakest most inbred breton peasant throws rocks at them.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

They were always like that in the tabletop. Massive hitting power and unbreakable but dies to a sneezing peasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranial View Post
    They were always like that in the tabletop. Massive hitting power and unbreakable but dies to a sneezing peasant.

i am not arguing that they aren't accurate to the tabletop, but that they aren't worth expending a slot on in the army, better to have gyrocopters or just more ironbreakers.

also, it's nice to see that the high elves finally get a end-tier ranged infantry option, the whole "we're the second most shooty army, but our best ranged option is baseline archers" was fucking silly. now you've got the sisters for the ranged AP, and shadow-thingies for stalk/vanguard shenanigans.
    Viking, n.:

they're a zero-armor unit in a army reliant on armor over mobility, they're supposed to be anti-large but they can't tank charges because they can't brace and they die in frightening numbers when even the weakest most inbred breton peasant throws rocks at them.
    Probably because the Slayers would find fighting peasants possibly the most dishonorable thing ever, they're just refusing to defend themselves against enemies so far below them!

Probably because the Slayers would find fighting peasants possibly the most dishonorable thing ever, they're just refusing to defend themselves against enemies so far below them!
    tossing them at monsterous units with charge doesn't pan out well either, try feeding them to a cold ones chariot and see what happens, they're going to win unless the chariot goes cycle-charge, but it's going to be with a handful of slayers leftover.

their basic problem is that it's a highly specialized tool that is too fragile and specialized to actually bring, in a 20 stack army you're spending one slot on a lord, and 1-3 slots on heroes, but you need a minimum of 6, preferably 8 line infantry units, some ranged capacity 3-6 at least, some artillery or their stand-in and of course some cavalry, and by the time you're done assembling the basics you're out of unit slots for fun stuff like Slayers.

hence why i started playing 40 slot army games
    Viking, n.:

So I have TW:W1 and all DLC. Is TW:W2 worth it? I heard the combined map was a clusterfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    So I have TW:W1 and all DLC. Is TW:W2 worth it? I heard the combined map was a clusterfuck.
    if you like TW:W1 and can get TW:W2 discounted then yea, it's worth it. wait about 2 weeks before actually playing though, the next patch is pretty hefty.
    Viking, n.:

Dwarves have cavalry now?

what the fuck are you on about Liare. Slayers are absolutely 100% the best unit at the game when it come to fulfilling their role. Their role is to die fighting big monsters to expunge the shame to their family of having once paid a 2 debt back 3 minutes late. They do it perfectly. Fucking min maxing in warhammer, disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    what the fuck are you on about Liare. Slayers are absolutely 100% the best unit at the game when it come to fulfilling their role. Their role is to die fighting big monsters to expunge the shame to their family of having once paid a 2 debt back 3 minutes late. They do it perfectly. Fucking min maxing in warhammer, disgusting.
    Fucking fantastic! XD

+1

Also this is why all "serious" tabletop tournaments runs/ran "Composition points rating". (Ie min/maxers burn in hell)

Dwarves have cavalry now?
    Gyrocopters act basically as ranged cavalry, yes.

their talent is truly astonishing in that department, no doubt.

i just wish they'd bury their axes deeper before getting turned into the breakfast buffet.
    Viking, n.:

TLDR

Viking, n.: