hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868108115116117118
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2355

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER

Quote Originally Posted by Timaios View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    40 unit stacks is 40 degrees of fucking awesome!

you can sort it out with editing your save file with save parser btw, halved upkeep on units recommended but not required
    How does that work with reinforcements? I assume you can still only field 40 units at a time with reinforcements arriving once units flee or get destroyed, right?
    yes, they arrive piecemeal, it makes multi-stack battles a great deal less stressful meaning lightning strike is not a must-pick.

Skaven summons work just fine despite the cap, summons like the manticore don't.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

The Hunter & The Beast

Gor-Rok is coming as flc. That's right, six LL's for Lizardmen. More provinces added to Empire area, new fort maps for Empire and being able to Summon the Elector Counts. More news as release gets closer.

Gotrek and Felix DLC later on, one of those white dwarf mag offers then to total war access a month later (October). Sounds like a roaming army (gotrek lord, felix hero) that can be hired? for 20 turns a at a time.

The changes to empire sound good and overdue tbh.
    psycho freak > BBC fleet

I only play with SFO so it's hard to understand the pain of vanilla Empire/etc.

I love the game but ME turns are too long for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    I only play with SFO so it's hard to understand the pain of vanilla Empire/etc.

I love the game but ME turns are too long for my taste.
    SFO is not that good imo, and the turn times are fine.

infact, they could stand to be even longer, more factions, more stuff, MOOOREEE!
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Based Blessed as Gotrek. Awesome.

So this surprised me, but i bought and played Three Kingdoms and now i can't play WH:TW anymore. Three Kingdoms is so much smoother and better looking (the 1st time I went back to TW campaign map the textures were so jarringly bad in comparison), the end turn takes 10 seconds compared to eons in WH:TW (by far the worst thing about WH:TW), the diplomacy... well it exists for a start, and is pretty engaging. Just a better game tbh. still many of the issues every TW game has, but many steps in the right direction.

Feels like an updated M:TW1

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    So this surprised me, but i bought and played Three Kingdoms and now i can't play WH:TW anymore. Three Kingdoms is so much smoother and better looking (the 1st time I went back to TW campaign map the textures were so jarringly bad in comparison), the end turn takes 10 seconds compared to eons in WH:TW (by far the worst thing about WH:TW), the diplomacy... well it exists for a start, and is pretty engaging. Just a better game tbh. still many of the issues every TW game has, but many steps in the right direction.

Feels like an updated M:TW1
    that's a grudging.
    Viking, n.:

WH:TW is using the same engine that Rome 2 used so that makes sense.

i am rather annoyed they ruled out more "out of the back-pocket" factions like Norsca, Araby would fill out a lovely spot south of the empire and make the deserts down there more than endless Egyptian themed skeletons beating up lizards, it also makes dogs of war questionable.

we're "just" missing the four chaos gods, chaos dwarves, ogre kingdoms and Kislev (Warhammer tsarist Russia, with ice magic and motherfucking bear cavalry)
    Viking, n.:

Araby would be a PR nightmare for them because of the usual suspects on social media tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Araby would be a PR nightmare for them because of the usual suspects on social media tbh.
    i keep hearing that, but i disagree, consider the enormous number of historical and semi historical depictions of the medieval arab world we've had the last 20 years in gaming garnering no controversy what so ever.
    Viking, n.:

yeah but all warhammer factions are just turbo stereotypes... good luck making an exaggerated arab stereotype :P

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Justin Trudeau will be one of the LL's.