hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1060100107108109110
Results 2,181 to 2,197 of 2197

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER

I mean the vortex is fine just ME sucks balls.

TW:WH1 was on sale for $20 for Black Friday, so gonna start out with that.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    both are bound to pop up in a DLC, also beta of the foundation update for WH2 is out, and they basically copy-pasta'd the WH1 one, so shit like bonus-vs-elves only work on woodelves and what not.

low-fucking-effort tbh. :/
    I modded the shit out of ME to make it less ridiculous, here's some of the more essential ones for skills

JR's Old World Skill Overhaul http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1181665600
    Mixu's God's of the Empire http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1183616359

I know it might be strange, but playing TW:WH2 opened a old hole for the Warhammer:Online game.

Do you know if there is a private server somewhere?
    I have a huge boner to play a Swordmaster again.

Quote Originally Posted by DerWish View Post
    I know it might be strange, but playing TW:WH2 opened a old hole for the Warhammer:Online game.

Do you know if there is a private server somewhere?
    I have a huge boner to play a Swordmaster again.
    Here we go:

www.returnofreckoning.com

Enjoy

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Random info spam.

Great Power diplo penalties depend on faction fame:

Fame 6 = Imperium 1 = -5 relations
    Fame 12 = Imperium 2 = -10
    Fame 18 = Imperium 3 = -20
    Fame 24 = Imperium 4 = -30
    Fame 30 = Imperium 5 = -40
    Fame 36 = Imperium 6 = -50
    Fame 42 = Imperium 7 = -60

Fame:
    +2 for original capital
    +1 per region
    +1 per province capital

Improving relations via gold gifts.

Small/Medium/Large gifts provide +10/+20/+30 to attitude trend, decaying at -1 per turn.
    Small provides total 55 attitude over 10 turns
    Medium provides 210 attitude over 20 turns
    Large provides 465 attitude over 30 turns

y'all know that Norsca pre-order DLC and those promised updates to bring the old world factions up to standards with the WH:II content ?

yea, about that, come back in May.

oh, and TOTES BUY OUR NEW DLC FOR WARHAMMER II ! ITS GOING TO BE LIEK AWESOME WHEN IT COMES OUT IN JANUARY!
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

I'm glad I'm old and patient. I can wait till next summer for TWW2. I still haven't beaten a Chaos or Beastmen campaign.

y'all know that Norsca pre-order DLC and those promised updates to bring the old world factions up to standards with the WH:II content ?

yea, about that, come back in May.

oh, and TOTES BUY OUR NEW DLC FOR WARHAMMER II ! ITS GOING TO BE LIEK AWESOME WHEN IT COMES OUT IN JANUARY!
    Next patch in December has some new multiplayer game mode along side the skill/follower updates too but yeah. Norsca/RoR is a lesson in 'how do I not make conflicting databases' (or whatever went wrong in the backend).

Personally I've given up on Mortal Empires, it's in a really bad state compared to Old World in game 1 or Vortex from game 2. The map is abridged and squashed together, the game 1 races still look strange because of the lighting changes (Archaeon looks like Red Skull..), and you have to drop a ton of mods onto the AI to make norsca/dwarves not go out of control and conquer everything.

I'll still probably buy that DLC though and play them on the Vortex map.
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; December 6 2017 at 07:01:11 AM.

i dont mind Norsca getting delayed, but the fact they aren't going to shit until May is going to be amazingly awful when you consider the gaping chasm of power between WH1 lords and WH2 lords.

what's annoying me is that they've basically released half-backed Mortal Empires campaign with significant power differences between factions and they cannot even commit to addressing that beyond a vague promise of looking at it in May, back-porting foundation, and that's ALL they're fucking doing, nothing else, doesn't really address the power difference between say High Elves and Wood Elves seriously, the Princess vs the Glade Lord, the former is just flat out better every step of the way and needs to invest less points to get stronger army buffs, so the Glade Lord starts out weaker, and as the levels go up, the gap grows, especially when you hit the point where the Princess can take both ranged and Melee skills, while the glade lord has to pick either buffing melee or ranged both on the lord and the army side.

i play the campaign competitively with my brother, or i did, because both of you either pick a new world, or a old world race or the imbalance in the lord skills take the fun out of the experience late-game, couple that with the fact you can't easily confederate Moriathi as Dark elves picking them puts you at a competitive disadvantage that is further amplified by loyalty mechanics being bullshit.

playing WH1 is a flat out better experience at this point unless you really care about high elves, dark elves, skaven or Lizardmen, and it will remain so at least until May, a full NINE FUCKING MONTHS after release.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Loyalty mechanics are fine though.

not against players, i royally fucked over my brother in a high elf vs dark elf competitive campaign by flat out refusing to engage his Malekith stack without overwhelming numbers, that led to him being lower XP than his recruited lords, or flat out knocked out most of the time, with near constant rebellion problems, his empire basically disintigrated around him.
    Viking, n.:

how did your settlements refuse to fight him?

i dont mind Norsca getting delayed, but the fact they aren't going to shit until May is going to be amazingly awful when you consider the gaping chasm of power between WH1 lords and WH2 lords.

what's annoying me is that they've basically released half-backed Mortal Empires campaign with significant power differences between factions and they cannot even commit to addressing that beyond a vague promise of looking at it in May, back-porting foundation, and that's ALL they're fucking doing, nothing else, doesn't really address the power difference between say High Elves and Wood Elves seriously, the Princess vs the Glade Lord, the former is just flat out better every step of the way and needs to invest less points to get stronger army buffs, so the Glade Lord starts out weaker, and as the levels go up, the gap grows, especially when you hit the point where the Princess can take both ranged and Melee skills, while the glade lord has to pick either buffing melee or ranged both on the lord and the army side.

i play the campaign competitively with my brother, or i did, because both of you either pick a new world, or a old world race or the imbalance in the lord skills take the fun out of the experience late-game, couple that with the fact you can't easily confederate Moriathi as Dark elves picking them puts you at a competitive disadvantage that is further amplified by loyalty mechanics being bullshit.

playing WH1 is a flat out better experience at this point unless you really care about high elves, dark elves, skaven or Lizardmen, and it will remain so at least until May, a full NINE FUCKING MONTHS after release.

While I agree that CA is taking way too long to do anything I find it a little silly to complain about lord/race balance when there's mods out there that fix it and are very polished and don't cause many conflicts. You can even go further and get an overhaul mod like Steel and Faith which is extensively balanced.

It is a real shame though that they basically have abandoned game 1 races for now, although with the release of Rome 2: Empire Divided maybe it shows that CA will come back to the factions from game 1 at some point.

Re: wood vs high elves, Honestly what makes the high elf lords way stronger than wood elves isn't even the vanilla skill tree, it's the influence buffs. I confederated one that gives all ranged units 20% increased damage, there's also one that makes Dragon units super strong, one that has like +40 armor and 20% weapon strength etc. Also picked up a life mage with access to upgraded lore of metal buff spells.
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; December 6 2017 at 07:54:56 PM.

ok this is much better than i had hoped for

the 'powered by intel' watermark is shilly as fuck though

surprisingly mental

:3

Low Gravity. Always a win.