hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Thread: Assetto Corsa -- Now with "stable, epic PLUS Nordschleife"

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    I'd still recommend a T150/TMX pro over a G29 buy preferences are preferences i guess.

And don't even touch iracing, it's a horrifying money pit and only valuable for its online matchmaking/rating capabilities.

After the latest patch still like PCars2 by far the best, the tyre model is glorious. The LeMans dlc is quite something too.
    I got the impression that the T150 has weak ffb that isn't detailed enough and that I'd need to go T300 to get propper FFB? But then there's the problem with the T300 breaking down on people left right and center? I haven't tried either. This is all from reviews and forums.

Yea I realy love the pcars lemans dlc. But sadly the 6 patch has borked the controller for me. I have had a long argument with the mods on their forum about it but I tend to get the usual SMS custmer support. "I talked to a guy who uses the same and it works for him!"

...which is not how you do error testing. -_-

Kind of sticking to Raceroom untill I get the wheel now. I f-in love the 1992-dtm cars in that game.
    Last edited by Ashaz; June 15 2018 at 09:11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    I'd still recommend a T150/TMX pro over a G29 buy preferences are preferences i guess.

And don't even touch iracing, it's a horrifying money pit and only valuable for its online matchmaking/rating capabilities.

After the latest patch still like PCars2 by far the best, the tyre model is glorious. The LeMans dlc is quite something too.
    I got the impression that the T150 has weak ffb that isn't detailed enough and that I'd need to go T300 to get prpper FFB? But then there's the problem ith the T300 breaking down on people left right and center? I haven't tried either. This is all from reviews and forums.

Yea I realy love the pcars lemans dlc. But sadly the 6 patch has borked the controller fo me. I have had a long argument with the mods on their forum about it but I tend to get the usual SMS custmer support. "I talked to a guy who uses the same and it works for him!"

...which is not how you do eror testing. -_-
    The g29 is even weaker and less detailed, plus slower.

Can you run yours at 100% for long racrs without overheat issies?

Can you run yours at 100% for long racrs without overheat issies?
    Yeah, but you dont really want to run it at max with default settings as the weaker nature of the cheaper wheels makes you lose a lot of detail.

That said, there are some stellar custom settings for at least PC2 that help you get around it.

Tbh just get the one with the better price. The t150/TMX can be upgraded with additional bits though and the shifter is amazing for its price apparently.

That said, if you go for the t150/TMX for the love of god go for the pro, the pedals are very nice and non pro default ones are garbo.

Oh and unless you plan on playing GT Sport (gran meh from me) get a TMX so games recognize the xbox buttons properly on pc.
    Last edited by Isyel; June 15 2018 at 10:36:49 AM.

Is anyone doing SRS?

I registered just to see what kind of races they ahve available and I must say I am a bit dissapointed with the content offered for RaceRoom.
    Sillouette series on Norrisring?? P2? NSU?
    Sure the NSU can be nice for a laugh, but to not offer the DTM-1992, GT3 or Group C cars in the game that does those better than any other game is very strange to me.

And Silouette series as the most common event? What the actual fuck? Those cars are terrible! Also those are the ones you'll find most easily on the normal open servers at any time of any day.

the game that does those better than any other game

And Silouette series as the most common event? What the actual fuck? Those cars are terrible!
    Yeah let's... disagree on all of those, deeply.

Meant to write Group 5. not C.... but anyway.

the game that does those better than any other game

And Silouette series as the most common event? What the actual fuck? Those cars are terrible!
    Yeah let's... disagree on all of those, deeply.
    To be fair, I think we've already concluded that we have very different tastes in games and content in general.

Tru. :P

Finaly! Wheel aquired
    I found a g920 for 200€
    Same as a t150 without pedals, so the choise was easy. But my god am I terrible. This will take a while to re-learn.
    What's a good car in AC to learn with? Gt3 feels a bit like cheating and the career mode has me drivi g boring slow cars.

Honestly, when I moved to the UK the first thing I got was my G25. Put the shifter on the left and then proceeded to blow up Mini engines in GT Legends. The UK traffic seemed like a light summer breeze after that ^^

Assetto Corsa is interesting in that it has decently performing cars that have good handling. I'd go for the 911R as it's a RWD car, NA engine (thus no turbo going hey going to boost right now and cause a wheelspin) and at the same time greatly balanced front/back in terms of weight, brake bias and so on. As for a track, I would just hit Nordschleife and progressively push it more and more. It tends to have all the level differences and compilation of cheeky corners to give you a really high skill ceiling. 911R being really fast on the straights will mean you don't get to loiter on them waiting for that boring car to hit its top speed.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Honestly, when I moved to the UK the first thing I got was my G25. Put the shifter on the left and then proceeded to blow up Mini engines in GT Legends. The UK traffic seemed like a light summer breeze after that ^^

Assetto Corsa is interesting in that it has decently performing cars that have good handling. I'd go for the 911R as it's a RWD car, NA engine (thus no turbo going hey going to boost right now and cause a wheelspin) and at the same time greatly balanced front/back in terms of weight, brake bias and so on. As for a track, I would just hit Nordschleife and progressively push it more and more. It tends to have all the level differences and compilation of cheeky corners to give you a really high skill ceiling. 911R being really fast on the straights will mean you don't get to loiter on them waiting for that boring car to hit its top speed.
    Modern cars don't really have that turbo kick anymore so wouldn't worry about it.

The 911 tends to be easy to drive if you leave the authentic assists on though so it's a decent call. On the other hand they have a weird geometry that doesn't apply to any other car but other 911s so maybe not the best to learn in general.

I'd go for the 90s DTM cars tbh. Simple, powerful, not easy, will teach a lot.