hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Assetto Corsa -- Now with "stable, epic PLUS Nordschleife"

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    One thing that realy bothers me with sim racing in general is that cars are either right or left wheeled.
    "nuh this is a british car so it's gona be a rightie"

That's so stupid. I mean, if it is supposed to simulate real racing, what real racer would not buy a car with the wheel on whatever side he or she preffers? It's stupid and bloody anoying. Especialy when it comes to things like "this car is american, but McRae used to drive it and he had the wheel on the right, so..."
    As a swede, I just can't drive as well with the wheel on the right. This makes alot of cars unusable to me.
    It's not realism. it's flawed design.
    That's... what...

The cars are simulated after real specimens, and that's part of it.
    So if you start racing in say a GT3 audi, you wouldn't get one that is built to suit you? You're saying you would get someone elses car instead... With the wheel on the wrong side?

which rasing sim has the best online comunity in your oppinnion?

I was told R3E had realy good and clean racing, but so far my experience has been the exact opposite, with people ramming me off the track left right and center. Even people intentionaly trying to push me off on straights. But I guess that might be different in the non free content?

which rasing sim has the best online comunity in your oppinnion?

I was told R3E had realy good and clean racing, but so far my experience has been the exact opposite, with people ramming me off the track left right and center. Even people intentionaly trying to push me off on straights. But I guess that might be different in the non free content?
    Get off the public rooms. Find a nice group to join where standards are enforced. Have a look at the clubs and leagues sections for your game of choice on RaceDepartment forums.

For public games it's probably (and I'm using a wide spectrum of games that try to be realistic) iracing and Gran Turismo sport since afaik they do it in a very similar way, with matchmaking and all (at least that's what I heard of iracing, haven't played it myself). You have skill ratings, safety ratings, harsh penalties and events with matchmaking making sure it's populated.

Every other sim around is lobby based or in one case while it has matchmaking and ratings it has no penalties (forza 7, included because gran Turismo is included and tbh I find it has a nicer handling model without assists).

Thing is they both have glaring issues, first one being idiotically expensive and stuck up, and second one being so thin on content it hurts (plus not as hardcore sim wise ofc, but it does its job and is enjoyable to drive).

Either way the issue you'll have is that any game you start you'll start at the bottom with all the shitters, so learning to avoid them on track is going to be a big part of your racing, and staying consistent.

I've had fun in pcars2 online though with the slower cars especially where people can actually drive them. Clio cup is some of the most fun I've ever had in a racing game and I urge everyone to try it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Isyel; March 11 2018 at 11:53:50 PM.

G29 or T150 Pro?

From what I've understood, the G29 have much much better pedals, but the T150 has a better wheel with the combined cog & belt drive?
    Price seems to be roughly the same?

G29 or T150 Pro?

From what I've understood, the G29 have much much better pedals, but the T150 has a better wheel with the combined cog & belt drive?
    Price seems to be roughly the same?
    t150 pro pedals are ace actually, you've read reviews of the regular t150 pedals probably

the wheel is p. good, havent had any issues, keep in mind you cant change the wheel itself on it though, so if by any chance you can get a t300 used i'd get that ^^
    Last edited by Isyel; March 16 2018 at 05:20:50 PM.

For anyone with a thrustmaster wheel who has project cars 2:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downlo...s2-v2-0.20240/

From what I understand semi official or at least thrustmaster supported settings. They are fucking godly, made even my cheapo t150 amazing. Can now drift the 1200hp mazda even np because of how much control I feel through it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I was holding off on AC while waiting to get a wheel after hearing how terribke it is with a controller.

Got it anyway now on the 75% sale. I don't know what people were complaining about. It's better than PCars2 with the controller, even on deffault settings. I guess people are just bad at gamepad driving...

I was holding off on AC while waiting to get a wheel after hearing how terribke it is with a controller.

Got it anyway now on the 75% sale. I don't know what people were complaining about. It's better than PCars2 with the controller, even on deffault settings. I guess people are just bad at gamepad driving...
    Complete utter bollocks I'm sorry m8. They're both awful on the controller but at least pcars2 offers some quality of life stuff like steering correction, this is just horrible.

Maybe it's precisely because I'm used to decent controller configs from forza and gran turismo that it felt so dire.

Myea, let's agree to dissagree on this.

I'm not saying a wheel wouldn't be much better. But for what it is, it's good. (Ie. Driving a sim without asdists. Which is why I don't count forza etc.)

I must admit that I now see what you mean. The GT3 cars seem to handle allright, but anything else is a PITA to drive reliably.

GT3 cars are literally super glued to the track by their combination of aerodynamics and tyres, you can't expect a Fiat 500 to handle the same. Otoh you don't drive a Fiat 500 daily by revving it to 6-7000 RPM every shift or going in a roundabout at 70mph.

From what I've tested irl and in game, Assetto Corsa is a great simulation.

Also, I can't understand people who can't drive on both sides of the wheel position (born in LHD country, currently living in RHD country, driving in both areas very reliably).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    This is about controller use and how the games work, but yeah it's a fine game.

yea it's nowhere near as good with a controller as R3E is. But I'm learning. That old Alpha Romeo is growing on me, but the vintage F1 cars are simply undrivable with a controller.
    I'm getting a G29 with H-shifter as soon as I get my first pay... in august. -_-

How is the handling in iracing compared to AC? Cause I've heard the same critique of both of them, being too unforgiving in the grip. I talked to a guy who does real racing and iracing and he was of the opinion that iracing was much harder than reality.

I'd still recommend a T150/TMX pro over a G29 buy preferences are preferences i guess.

And don't even touch iracing, it's a horrifying money pit and only valuable for its online matchmaking/rating capabilities.

After the latest patch still like PCars2 by far the best, the tyre model is glorious. The LeMans dlc is quite something too.
    Last edited by Isyel; June 14 2018 at 08:16:35 PM.

In other news, ACC is looking p good. Still wish it weren't a GT3 only game and AC2 instead but I'll live.

yea it's nowhere near as good with a controller as R3E is. But I'm learning. That old Alpha Romeo is growing on me, but the vintage F1 cars are simply undrivable with a controller.
    I'm getting a G29 with H-shifter as soon as I get my first pay... in august. -_-

How is the handling in iracing compared to AC? Cause I've heard the same critique of both of them, being too unforgiving in the grip. I talked to a guy who does real racing and iracing and he was of the opinion that iracing was much harder than reality.
    Idk about iRacing because I tend to steer clear of moneypits that require monthly subs (WTF is up with that in such a niche game after all?).

I have the G27 but managed to break the shifter and I replaced the shifter only with a Thrustmaster T8RS which is amazing and I keep recommending it, best H shifter out there.

I also don't like racing games that make it harder than reality just by making your car handle like shit.

Idk about iRacing because I tend to steer clear of moneypits that require monthly subs (WTF is up with that in such a niche game after all?).

I have the G27 but managed to break the shifter and I replaced the shifter only with a Thrustmaster T8RS which is amazing and I keep recommending it, best H shifter out there.

I also don't like racing games that make it harder than reality just by making your car handle like shit.
    They're sadly inevitably always gonna be a bit "harder" since you lack a lot of the feel for what the car is doing.

Yes, indeed you lack most of the feedback your bum is giving whilst driving, but it doesn't change the fact that some sims confuse realism with putting your virtual car on ice. With no skates.

Yes, indeed you lack most of the feedback your bum is giving whilst driving, but it doesn't change the fact that some sims confuse realism with putting your virtual car on ice. With no skates.

True, but for the most part the newer ones like AC, pcars2, race room etc. got their shit together for the most part. Iracing I can't comment on cause fuck their pricing scheme.