hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rant collection

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland View Post
    I use Keyboard, Mouse, and Voice Attack to control my spaceship. It's perfectly fine - though it did take me hours to initially set up the keyboard settings in a way that worked for me.
    Yeah i'm not sure i have a single letter button unbound.

my 20 Thurstmaster T-flight Hotas lets me play the game almost completely without the keyboard. I use L for landing gear still though and a few other bits and pieces but not a lot else. I navigate the mediums with the throttle buttons etc.
    I have Supercruise bound to the right throttle Rudderrocker and Jumps to the left. 75% power on the button on front of the throttle lever so i can get nice bluespeedness. its a great stick for this game!

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    There is a sharp need for a captain's log kind of thing indeed.
    Especially if some group gameplay elements are ever going to be introduced.
    If it ever happens, it won't be for a while. The Elite franchise has always been about you vs the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    I'm sure the off. forums are full with eve bittervets.
    They are also equally full of people who will tell you to fuck off back to Eve if you reveal you came from there. If you want your ideas to be taken seriously, make sure they don't smell like they came from Eve when you present them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Derindar View Post
    They are also equally full of people who will tell you to fuck off back to Eve if you reveal you came from there. If you want your ideas to be taken seriously, make sure they don't smell like they came from Eve when you present them.
    >came from Eve
    Some of them come from common sense.

Like, idk, route planner.

Yeah, I'm with Razor. Common sense concepts like a universal commodity market, route planner, grouping, direct player trades, are not an 'eve concept'.

We're talking about the frontier forums here though, which makes FHC look like a city on a hill.

Frontier forums are the best game forums i've seen tbh. Doesn't change the fact that it's full of carebear autists instead of anime/ponyfags.

Universal market wouldn't work here i think. What it needs are route notices or something like "seeking haulers for X to Y" based on supply/demand levels instead of godawful exported/imported that doesn't tell you shit except for what you will be able buy&sell.
    Last edited by RazoR; February 13 2015 at 11:08:08 PM.

What razor says. As I understand it, Elite isn't trying to be a MMO, more like a single player+ game. Similarly it is not supposed to hold your hand at all points. So while the trade route system is borked, its not supposed to work out for you where the most profitable nearby trades are or the best bounties. The randomness in missions & spawns isn't very helpful, but the idea is that you the player have to figure out how to maximize the odds of making your chosen activity profitable.

edit:
    For those doing anaconda kill missions (150k+ cr rewards), they beefed their maneuverability/ai/magicbeans/thermocombobulator. Meaning taking one down in a Viper is a bit more of a challenge.
    Last edited by Torashuu; February 14 2015 at 06:41:02 AM.

Am I allowed to post a rant how I feel buttmad that I have to pay full price if I want to play. Was busy around the time the game came out and suddenly derp 50 euros lol. Was hoping for a valentine's day discount ) what a missed opportunity by Frontier
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrehl View Post
    Am I allowed to post a rant how I feel buttmad that I have to pay full price if I want to play. Was busy around the time the game came out and suddenly derp 50 euros lol. Was hoping for a valentine's day discount ) what a missed opportunity by Frontier
    Yes, you have every reason to be buttmad.. at yourself. Think of all you've missed out on..

Well in my defense I have lots of exams and other things going on right now so waiting is the right decision. Might grab it after a week or two and take my warthog ( ) for a spin.
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Well in my defense I have lots of exams and other things going on right now so waiting is the right decision. Might grab it after a week or two and take my warthog ( ) for a spin.
    The main reason to play "now" as opposed to waiting for more features - is exploration. Hope to get your name on a system which later turns out to be a popular destination. Though, at this point, all the best nearby locations have probably been taken. If having that label isn't really of interest, then might as well wait till Wings come out or something that does interest you.

i have my name on some pretty cool HIP systems 1000-2000LY away and in between that im pretty pleased about, hopefully even on some blackhole systems too. but i cant remember where ive been to look...

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    i have my name on some pretty cool HIP systems 1000-2000LY away and in between that im pretty pleased about, hopefully even on some blackhole systems too. but i cant remember where ive been to look...
    I haven't seen any blackholes yet - but I've been to some pretty cool Neutron and Wolf-Rayat systems. Most of them were already claimed but got my name on one or two of them.

Most valuable system I turned in was 220k for a system that had 2 water worlds and 5 Terraformable ones.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    The main reason to play "now" as opposed to waiting for more features - is exploration. Hope to get your name on a system which later turns out to be a popular destination. Though, at this point, all the best nearby locations have probably been taken. If having that label isn't really of interest, then might as well wait till Wings come out or something that does interest you.
    Hope you get it from?

What is the planned content of the Wings expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike deVoid View Post

What is the planned content of the Wings expansion?
    Theres not much in the way of specifics so far. Maybe later on this week we will know more.

2 new ships. Probably fer-de-lance and possibly the vulture(?).
    Group / Co-op implementation - so spliting bounties etc, UI for seeing party members etc.

Does this mean more engaging mission content? no idea.

Two ships are Fer-De-Lance and the Federation Corvette as per newsletters 61 & 62.

Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    Two ships are Fer-De-Lance and the Federation Corvette as per newsletters 61 & 62.
    I think adding the fed corvette would be a retarded decision. Most people cant afford pythons yet. The vette is apparently larger than the conda. What the point of adding content that 90% of the playerbase wont be using for months?

To keep the 1%(Whales) happy? I am not the one making the calls mate.

In all likelihood its nothing to do with progression or lack there off, just that it is finished.

If 2-3 people can gang up on the Kill missions, that alone will make wings worthwhile. If they can ever do anything about Alt-F4, then wings will make pvp very enjoyable.