hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SOE gets sold to an investment management firm. lol.

SOE gets sold to an investment management firm. lol.

Dear Players, Partners and Friends,

Today, we are pleased to announce that we have been acquired by Columbus Nova, an investment management firm well known for its success with its existing portfolio of technology, media and entertainment focused companies. This means that effective immediately SOE will operate as an independent game development studio where we will continue to focus on creating exceptional online games for players around the world, and now as a multi-platform gaming company. Yes, that means PlayStation and Xbox, mobile and more!

As part of this transition, SOE will now become Daybreak Game Company. This name embodies who we are as an organization, and is a nod to the passion and dedication of our employees and players. It is also representative of our vision to approach each new day as an opportunity to move gaming forward.

So what exactly does this mean for you? It will be business as usual and all SOE games will continue on their current path of development and operation. In fact, we expect to have even more resources available to us as a result of this acquisition. It also means new exciting developments for our existing IP and games as we can now fully embrace the multi-platform world we are living in.

Our games and players are the heart and soul of our organization, and we are committed to maintaining our portfolio of online games and pushing the limits of where we can take online gaming together.

Thank you for your continued support. See you in game!
    Lolz.

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Dear Players, Partners and Friends,

Today, we are pleased to announce that we have been acquired by Columbus Nova, an investment management firm well known for its success with its existing portfolio of technology, media and entertainment focused companies. This means that effective immediately SOE will operate as an independent game development studio where we will continue to focus on creating exceptional online games for players around the world, and now as a multi-platform gaming company. Yes, that means PlayStation and Xbox, mobile and more!

As part of this transition, SOE will now become Daybreak Game Company. This name embodies who we are as an organization, and is a nod to the passion and dedication of our employees and players. It is also representative of our vision to approach each new day as an opportunity to move gaming forward.

So what exactly does this mean for you? It will be business as usual and all SOE games will continue on their current path of development and operation. In fact, we expect to have even more resources available to us as a result of this acquisition. It also means new exciting developments for our existing IP and games as we can now fully embrace the multi-platform world we are living in.

Our games and players are the heart and soul of our organization, and we are committed to maintaining our portfolio of online games and pushing the limits of where we can take online gaming together.

Thank you for your continued support. See you in game!
    Lolz.
    So in a fish or cut bait scenario SOE has been cut loose and assets sold to.... These guys.

Founded in 2000, Columbus Nova ("CN") is a multi-strategy investment firm managing over $15.0 billion of assets through its own funds and affiliated portfolio companies. CN has a broad investment mandate which allows investments across all levels of the capital structure from senior secured debt to equity. CN takes a value-oriented, long-term view to investing and seeks consistent returns with an emphasis on capital preservation. CN is headquartered in New York.
    SOE is now a venture capitalist asset, expect sadness soon™

lol

welp
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Wow. That blows.

Like I know PS2 is kind of shit right now, but lordy, this isn't going to help anything.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    What the fucking fuck in the fuck fuck is going fucking on here?

I loved the "even more resources available" haha, they're going to trim all the fat they can then wind it up. Also Daybreak Game Studios is the shittest fucking name ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hydronic View Post
    Also Daybreak Game Studios is the shittest fucking name ever
    "dey break gaems"

fairly apt if you ask me

Bye bye PS2

About time

This name embodies who we are as an organization
    more like Gamebreak Game Company then. 4 years of "development" and still misses 90% of what made PS1 awesome.
    Last edited by iLOL; February 4 2015 at 02:43:42 PM.

The sackings have begun.

RIP.

edit: Best line from Reddit so far

Apparently they laid off talented, hard working and irreplacable people so Higby should be fine.
    Last edited by Sandzibar; February 11 2015 at 07:47:51 PM.

Planetside 2

David Carey, producer
    Katherine Anderson, build master
    Xander Clauss, level designer
    Kevin Moyer, designer/vehicle balance
    Taylor Dowell, database/marketplace
    Sarah Vu, QA
    Ryan Owens (confirmed via reddit PM), QA
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...y_the_layoffs/
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Higby just left too. I don't think he was fired, I think he quit voluntarily which is honestly a worse sign.

-g--
    -a--
    ded
    -m--

well, fuck
    and i was really starting to like this game

my prediction, it'll go the way of the Blacklight:Retribution within 6 months.
    ingame: AntonioBanderas
    Detecting epic potential, expecting epic fail.
    Ah yes, the fork: The poor man's trident
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer
    I fucking hate Steven Hawking. Smug little faggot with his stupid chariot

BL:Ret was a gud shoota, wat happan?
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

If Columbus Nova wasnt owned by dodgy Russians I might have said that a whole new dev team could have been good. Higby and Smed were the number 1 reason for this shit pile of wasted dev time.

But yeah, no. Dead game walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    BL:Ret was a gud shoota, wat happan?
    Crushed the skill out of it with bullshit pretty much.