hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81516171819 LastLast

Thread: DARKEST DUNGEON

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Sounds good, I'm one of those spineless wimps that didn't see it through.

Fukkin Vvulf is fukkin hard, lemme tell ya.
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    One of the most common critiques of the game is that the significant length to completion (approximately 80+ hrs on average, though this varies widely) can lead to some players abandoning their campaigns, especially after a particularly nasty party-wipe with a valuable trinket loadout. Game length also exacerbates some of the grindier elements of the game’s design. While a portion of this endurance test is simply Darkest Dungeon as we intend it, we also would love for more players to be able to see the story through. So, we are planning an alternative game mode (RADIANT), which will have balance changes and rule tweaks aimed at bringing the completion time down to approximately 40 hours. Rest assured that even in this alternate campaign ruleset, we won’t be compromising on some of the core ideas that make DD what it is (e.g. permadeath, autosaving). However, we will flex here and there on some things and generally structure it so that a reasonable investment of time and effort can see things through to the deepest parts of the Ancestor’s trail. This also paves the way for additional modability, via exposing more options.
    Better late than never, and certainly what it felt like it needed to up the fun factor.
    Sounds like the thing my mate started up. I was wondering why his runs were so ez.

Sounds decent. God, I abandoned my game some time ago after one of the most useless RNGesus wipes ever. Just didn't want to train more of those fuckers up again. Still a good game, but when you rather abandon it, as to not face the agony of another BS wipe you have a made bed. /rant

So those changes are live? Must try that when I'm back from vacation.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

We are planning...which will have...
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    So those changes are live? Must try that when I'm back from vacation.

Tapapapatalk
    At least at a quick glance i havent found them yet, patchnotes is the same "we are planning to" stuff.

I kinda agree that shorter campaign would be nice, if it can be balanced. Noone is forcing anyone not to play the standard mode even if easy difficulty is out. Then again id be happy with the campaign as is, but with less punishing crits.

Shorter campaign is nice. 80 hours to complete a single campaign is a little ridiculous. I would have preferred to see the balance changes they're making as the original release and then release a "dark" mode that's the current iteration. It's not the difficulty so much as the time investment.

So I'm hearing about this DLC with vamps and shit being worked on.

And Radiant campaign is p. boss, it made me come back to the game.

Crimson Court out Monday, maybe I'll actually finish the game this time ~

Huh, neat.

I restared new dungeon after last big patch with Vwulf - actually beat the game easily and only lost a few heroes. They toned down some shit. Can't wait for dlc. Of all the new shit Vwulf was not that bad. This fucking ghost spawning in Cove is the worst.

Anyone playing Crimson Court? I'm enjoying it quite a bit. The Flagellant has some nice mechanics and his abilities fit him theme quite well - shame he counts as religious so yet another character the abomination can't party with.

The Crimson Court itself is an interesting area, though takes a while to get to the second mission. The first mission is an arsehole and can fuck you over pretty bad, but that's DD (CC?) for you.

The balance changes seem to have made the game more difficult in general. Trinkets have more drawbacks across the board, and stun has been nerfed along with a few classes.

I've pick this up again (not the DLC though). I'm running a quick radiant campaign, then most likely buying the dlc and running a normal run.

Accidentally reinstalled this to try out easy mode.
    it's not easy at all, it's horrible and stressful >.<
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    tfw you accidentally take a Shieldbreaker on a Long Mission without clearing her subquest first

FUCK OFF SNAKES

Last edited by XenosisMk4; January 13 2018 at 12:29:46 PM.

I fucking hate this game. Literally the last battle on a Long Champion dungeon in the Warrens. My occultist is at 150 stress, all others are at 70-90. Last battle turns out to be vs Bloodsuckets, and the fucking Chevalier manages not only to crit on two characters once, but FUCKING TWICE, including stuns. Occ gets heart attack, succumbs the turn after due to bleed. My BH panics, forcepasses turn, the two others die and then it's all over.

Immensly frustrating that there are some things you simply cannot defend against.
    Real men pvp in barges.

good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    I fucking hate this game. Literally the last battle on a Long Champion dungeon in the Warrens. My occultist is at 150 stress, all others are at 70-90. Last battle turns out to be vs Bloodsuckets, and the fucking Chevalier manages not only to crit on two characters once, but FUCKING TWICE, including stuns. Occ gets heart attack, succumbs the turn after due to bleed. My BH panics, forcepasses turn, the two others die and then it's all over.

Immensly frustrating that there are some things you simply cannot defend against.
    thatsxcom.jpg

Oh wait.

Though there are similarities in that just as you start to get comfortable the difficulty spikes again and you want to get off Mr Cthulhu's wild ride. Sometimes the RNG nature is gonna getcha no matter how well you play.

Yeah but honestly fuck the crimson court

I've had my fair share of RNG analrape, but the Crimson Court enemies just fuck you over. That fucker who can hit all positions from any position, with stuns and debuff, not to mention the hefty damage, is horribly balanced it's not even fun. If you run around the Cove or Ruins for instance you're not going to be Bleed-focused, and then you're on your way to being fucked. Have a Leper in your party? ENJOY THOSE DODGES SON.

Will probably be a day before I start it up again.
    Real men pvp in barges.