hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: DARKEST DUNGEON

What party combos? You mean the party names? They do not really do anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Seems like i atcually prefer going without torches, more stress but way more reward. My guess is its going to be slightly rebalanced for release.

My favourites atm are two knights with lance, just wrecking the backline and dancing back and forth. Supplement with arbalest and occultist works well to wreck the starter dungeons.
    Totally agree. Just not universally. Less light is higher stress from movinh around dungeons too. Also at higher level staying at low light might be deadly. Surprise of your party can be horrible in results. Giants, ghouls, gargoyles, bone generals are all fucking hard to figght even without that crap. Just need to evaluate how strong your team vs dungeon is and how much risk you can take. If you can barely live through, lose crew, spend shitload of affliction healing - not the right way. Also scouting. Walking over traps gives a shitload of stress, fixing them heal the stress out. SOmetimes it is worth to keep lights up.

Some starting tips:

Also, camping brings back light to full, no need to keep light topped if you are to camp. Especially important against bosses where you want to go safely till the almost last room (boss always spawn in a room furthest from your starting one), and camp and spend resting to only buff (this is why abomination, man at arms and bounty hunter, arbalest and hellion are amazing vs bosses) without the need to heal or stress heal. Light up, get an easy route to boss, kill it and then go darker to fill the backpack with shinies.

I usually take 4-6 torches on smalls, 8 - 10 on mediums and 12 - 16 on longs. Also shovels, please for the sake of your crew bring them always. And always at least 1 key (2-3 for ruins). And use them on hairloom chests. I know it's unlocked. Key open hidden crap and doubles the reward.

And take it slow, get every single class and get doubles on good guys. Crusader, hellion, abomination, houndmaster, vestal, ocultis, plague doctor. Your first aim is 25 roster. Can spend paintings on skills. Then and only then upgrade weapons to 3 and can get some armor next. Rest adjust toward your needs. Swimming in gold? Upgrade sanitarium and lock on good quirks (speed, prot, dodge, dmg, crit) and get rid of bad ones. Troubles with gold? Upgrade cost redution upgrades for crap. Survivalist, stress reduction, skills upgrades etc. After medium dungeons you want to start accumulating gold. Lvl 5 upgrades cost shitload of money.
    Last edited by Voulture; January 3 2016 at 10:26:43 AM.

And bam, quickest Shambler so far ;]

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Voulture View Post
    What party combos? You mean the party names? They do not really do anything...
    Of course they don't do anything gameplaywise - but they add a little something to the game nonetheless.

As for the issue, and yes it is an issue, that torches and darkness are unbalanced - it's been that way since the game first went early access a year ago. I, too, hope that do something. One thing I wonder: If the light is at greater than zero when a battle starts, then drops to zero during the battle, how is the reward calculated? I hope that the rewards are calculated based upon the light level when the battle begins, both because that's less able to be gamed and because it's more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland View Post
    As for the issue, and yes it is an issue, that torches and darkness are unbalanced - it's been that way since the game first went early access a year ago. I, too, hope that do something.
    Maybe enlarge the inventory so that, you know, you actually had place to put the +loot?

Apprentice level my ass, pig boss should be called destroyer of worlds... lost two orange trinkets on the same guy on that one.

Apprentice level my ass, pig boss should be called destroyer of worlds... lost two orange trinkets on the same guy on that one.
    Lamo did you hit the little one?

Sure, but with one death after turn 2 i dont think that made a difference. Went in blind, serves me right.

Spam -dmg on him (occultist, vestal, leper), clear the marks with arbalest, so he does only wild flailing for low dmg. Fight should be easier. Need 2 debuffers in case small fucker stun you. Holy water could help too.

But all in all I like it that you go in blindly, that's how you get the best out of this game

I just stacked bleeds and bashed his face.

Stress healing needs a rework... when a houndmaster has a 2:3 chance to heal 3x4 and nothing else, but some extra crit (especially in the dark) and 2-3 position attacks achieve almost the same. Dogman is generally my least favourite class i think, although i can see how the dogtreat can be useful for boss encounters i dont see how that makes up for the shitty rest.

He is literally a beast. Self heal, good stun, decent dmg. With mark on target and threat I saw 80 dmg crits with doggie. He really works well. Also, guard dog is fucking op later. Stress healing is also good, it's basicly your way to convert useless additional health via being hit a bit into saved gold. Useful at the end of the runs. JUst gold optimisation.

Stress healing needs a rework... when a houndmaster has a 2:3 chance to heal 3x4 and nothing else, but some extra crit (especially in the dark) and 2-3 position attacks achieve almost the same. Dogman is generally my least favourite class i think, although i can see how the dogtreat can be useful for boss encounters i dont see how that makes up for the shitty rest.
    He is pretty awesome actually. Voulture listed most of his good points, but his best is probably that his mark target includes a PROT debuff. Unless that changed recently, it's the only ability in the game that can remove PROT from an opponent. Additionally, he has two of the best stress healing camp skills in the game. Unless there was a much needed rebalancing after it came out, the by far best class is Abomination though. Rake is insanely unbalanced.

The class I liked the least was the Highwayman, he doesn't seem to do anything particularly well. The only thing I found him useful for was combining him with Helion and other classes that can attack 2+ enemies, because you can create so much first strike firepower that you will end most normal encounters in early and mid level within a round or two.

doge and abomination are opshit, jester and leper are plain shit

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Leper is ok in any party built for durability and if you have means of increasing his Atk. He has a very useful self-buff in camp for just that purpose. Otherwise he is durable, has a fantastic self-heal and can deal good front line damage. I agree about the Jester though, couldn't find terribly much use for him.
    Last edited by Quarantine; January 4 2016 at 09:36:07 PM.

I played this a lot a few months ago. Made it to level 5-6 I think on most of my heroes but didn't get all the bosses done on all the difficulties yet.

Will check it out again. Maybe at release if that's coming soon.

I really like almost all of the heroes, at the top of my list are probably dogman, arbalest, hellion.

Razor I quite liked leper and jester. Though, I had two legendaries for the leper that made him a monster tank. He can heal himself to full in a couple turns, resists everything, and can even stress heal to 0 quickly. Damage-wise he's ok (poor accuracy, only hits first couple rows).

Jester is AMAZING at stress relief both in fights and in camp. The bleeds are also quite good, and his mobility means he's great against bosses that mix up everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devec
    Cool09 is the cancer that is corrupting our society and poisoning our children.

WoT: Redglare[VPG]

Jester is one of my favorite party members - that mobility is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarantine View Post
    He is pretty awesome actually. Voulture listed most of his good points, but his best is probably that his mark target includes a PROT debuff. Unless that changed recently, it's the only ability in the game that can remove PROT from an opponent. Additionally, he has two of the best stress healing camp skills in the game. Unless there was a much needed rebalancing after it came out, the by far best class is Abomination though. Rake is insanely unbalanced.

The class I liked the least was the Highwayman, he doesn't seem to do anything particularly well. The only thing I found him useful for was combining him with Helion and other classes that can attack 2+ enemies, because you can create so much first strike firepower that you will end most normal encounters in early and mid level within a round or two.
    Sry, guess its me not having advanced to high levels then.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarantine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Leper is ok in any party built for durability and if you have means of increasing his Atk. He has a very useful self-buff in camp for just that purpose. Otherwise he is durable, has a fantastic self-heal and can deal good front line damage. I agree about the Jester though, couldn't find terribly much use for him.
    Trinket with +15% dmg if at pos 1 is pretty cool for that and cheap to get, i like him overall because the debuff can keep both melee slots down while you have 3 guys to take care of the rest. Needs +debuff chance item to make it reliable tho i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool09 View Post

Will check it out again. Maybe at release if that's coming soon.
    Release Feb 3rd.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; January 5 2016 at 12:25:40 AM.

Release Feb 3rd.
    wasn't it 19th jan? bawwwwwwwwwww

You might be right, i shouldnt make postst at 2 in the morning on a weekday.

19th jan on wiki, 3rd feb indeed on steam