hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: DARKEST DUNGEON

I am now officially not shit at this game.

Into the wishlist it goes (will probably get around to buying when stellaris preorder is live; surely the rouble can't fall any more).
    Last edited by RazoR; December 28 2015 at 05:13:38 PM.

I wouldn't be surprised if Darkest Dungeon is fondly remembered 10 years from now while pretty much all of the "big games" of the year have long fallen off the grid.

It has same huge thing that ftl and xcom got too - replayability.

Quote Originally Posted by Voulture View Post
    well you can't even actually finish it at the time but yeah every expedition is a separate story

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    every expedition is a separate story
    like this one: a story of success

Spoiler:

took occultist too treat his syphilis 4 free along with everyone else's diseases

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    well you can't even actually finish it at the time but yeah every expedition is a separate story
    As for now finishing is all tiers of bosses to kill - minimal time to do so is 73 weeks. Never managed to get there though. First time I "won" was way past 100 but I like to level up everyone :P

I like to level up everyone :P
    heheh

Guess sometime during the year the ability to flee from a fight was added on top of the general retreat.
    If you are careful actually losing heroes is hard but if you don't push the limits you can get bogged down in stress and poverty so time to accomplish everything possible is the best metric of relative success here.

That's true. That's why you play with a additional rules. Never run from expeditions. Get all to 6 and all bosses down as fast as possible. ;] Also, abomination is fucking op as fuck.

That's true. That's why you play with a additional rules. Never run from expeditions. Get all to 6 and all bosses down as fast as possible. ;] Also, abomination is fucking op as fuck.
    But muh vestal!!1

For me taking abomination means i need an occultist. That leads to BH or arbalest because hex and maybe hound for occasional stress relieve?

You don't need occultist. PD, w/e, abom, helion/maa is just pure rape anyway.

Took abomination and this is what happened.

Spoiler:

Took mine and here is what I got (lvl 1 dungeon too):
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=587545253

Dungeon very dank, just gave this a spin.

I am very shit i think, brought torches on the first few runs, tried to keep stress at 0 across the board => continuously broke in town. Tried not bringing torches, had two heart attacks (one death) and an absolutely fucking heroic leper that got some positive trait (dont remeber which) that resulted in him being at 10 stress while the rest of the team kept shouting at each other.

Very fun but i need to figure out loads of things, not least of which is what items to bring to which dungeon and what fits where.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Dungeon very dank, just gave this a spin.

I am very shit i think, brought torches on the first few runs, tried to keep stress at 0 across the board => continuously broke in town. Tried not bringing torches, had two heart attacks (one death) and an absolutely fucking heroic leper that got some positive trait (dont remeber which) that resulted in him being at 10 stress while the rest of the team kept shouting at each other.

Very fun but i need to figure out loads of things, not least of which is what items to bring to which dungeon and what fits where.
    8 torches 10 food 1 shovel should be good till you hit mediums.

I've been derping a lot and have finally managed to somewhat get my act together at week 20ish, getting to grips with teams that work well for my playstyle and knowning what to do with what curios. After a good run netting me some gold I decided to chance it and try and kill the level 1 boss in the cove (siren something). All went well (team of level 2 occultist, highwayman, man at arms, leper) and I was cruising along, being like 2 rooms from the boss (medium dungeon), then a fight happens where my occultist gets a critical hit of 18, plus bleed, is at deaths door, dies at the next blow...

[~A place to talk about autism~]

"You can't alt tab from god"

Zergl introduced me to this on the 31st. I played this last yesterday, got 11 weeks in.

All while being out on the town for New Years Eve and such things in Innsbruck.

Will buy that when I am home. So in about an hour or so.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Seems like i atcually prefer going without torches, more stress but way more reward. My guess is its going to be slightly rebalanced for release.

My favourites atm are two knights with lance, just wrecking the backline and dancing back and forth. Supplement with arbalest and occultist works well to wreck the starter dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Seems like i atcually prefer going without torches, more stress but way more reward. My guess is its going to be slightly rebalanced for release.

My favourites atm are two knights with lance, just wrecking the backline and dancing back and forth. Supplement with arbalest and occultist works well to wreck the starter dungeons.
    Way more monster damage and surprise though not really worth it as you swim in cash either way.

I hope that the devs rewrite the party combos to take into effect the new character types.