hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 485

Thread: Online Dating

  1. #41
    Chakrai's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,682
    I made a fairly decent OP for this the last time, god knows how many of the links still work.

    Plenty of Fish is responsible for a lot of fucking damage to my coffee tables.
    She did what?

  2. #42
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    19,832
    Is there an average age or users listed anywhere for various dating sites?

  3. #43
    Donor lubica's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    On the shitty side of the Alps
    Posts
    4,990
    the way this thread is going, you're making me into a mysogynist


    Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

  4. #44
    Donor Shiodome's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    I am a white male.
    Posts
    5,333
    i was going to try this once, but after signing up for a free trial no-one i looked at had anything going for them apart from a vagina. women saying they're looking for someone to 'curl up on the couch together and watch movies' or 'go on long walks' etc... great, you've said you're open to an entirely generic relationship. do you have anything to say about yourself that is about you as an individual? (*nope*)

    actually, amongst my female friends hardly any of them have any hobbies at all unless you count 'reading' 'watching stuff' 'socialising with friends' or 'gaming' (i don't).

  5. #45
    Movember 2012 Zekk Pacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    7,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    actually, amongst my female friends hardly any of them have any hobbies at all unless you count <four very popular hobbies>
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

  6. #46
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    15,427
    tbfh socialising with friends isnt a hobby.


    

  7. #47
    Movember 2012 Zekk Pacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    7,476
    Jesus christ FHC

    Hobbies is literally a word that means 'things you do in your spare time'

    Anything you do in your spare time is a hobby

    People don't have to submit their online dating profile to some kind of shadowy audit cartel for approval, and most women will have basic and fairly open ended profiles because they're not trying to attract the kind of bloke that loves women that read, but only if they have a thesis on the philosophical implications of L'Etranger already to hand and are prepared to defend it.

    What do you people put on your online profiles?
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

  8. #48
    Mrenda's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    actually, amongst my female friends hardly any of them have any hobbies at all unless you count <four very popular hobbies>
    Yes, but you see women watch silly reality shows like Big Brother and Judge Judy while men watch serious cultural shows like Breaking Bad and Top Gear.

  9. #49
    Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    17,109
    There like hobbies you put on a cv to hide your deviances

    tapadong
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

  10. #50
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    People don't have to submit their online dating profile to some kind of shadowy audit cartel for approval, and most women will have basic and fairly open ended profiles because they're not trying to attract the kind of bloke that loves women that read, but only if they have a thesis on the philosophical implications of L'Etranger already to hand and are prepared to defend it.
    Having reading as a hobby doesn't mean one reads only Marcel Proust and Albert Camus and do thesis on the philosophy present in their books. It just means one loves reading as opposed to going and getting smashed in a club. I don't have anything really against getting smashed in a pub, but clubs creep the fuck out of me and the women who love them even more. So there's that.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  11. #51
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrenda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    actually, amongst my female friends hardly any of them have any hobbies at all unless you count <four very popular hobbies>
    Yes, but you see women watch silly reality shows like Big Brother and Judge Judy while men watch serious cultural shows like Breaking Bad and Top Gear.

    Tell me you didn't just put an equal between Big Brother and Top Gear, however deviant some women are, the former is retarded and the latter is awesome (because car porn > all that's on TV, really).
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  12. #52
    Movember 2012 Zekk Pacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    7,476
    It's absolutely fine to use hobbies as the basis for not wanting to form a relationship with someone, and I share your lack of enthusiasm for clubs, clubbing and the getting smashed in said clubs.

    But to say that something that someone does blanket is not a hobby because of some imaginary threshold only you can see is...well, it's the kind of autism I've come to expect from FHC.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

  13. #53
    Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    17,109
    please note these people are also still single.



    tapadong
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

  14. #54
    Mrenda's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrenda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    actually, amongst my female friends hardly any of them have any hobbies at all unless you count <four very popular hobbies>
    Yes, but you see women watch silly reality shows like Big Brother and Judge Judy while men watch serious cultural shows like Breaking Bad and Top Gear.
    Tell me you didn't just put an equal between Big Brother and Top Gear, however deviant some women are, the former is retarded and the latter is awesome (because car porn > all that's on TV, really).
    Fair. One's a show about the intellectually challenged the red tops seem to love for no logical reason, the other has people locked in a house.

  15. #55
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    19,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    What do you people put on your online profiles?
    Hockey, badminton, basketball, guitar, cycling, watersports, read.

    I don't think I need to mention that I watch films and see friends since in the same way I don't mention I cook meals, shower regularly or breath along with other things that make me a a normal person.

  16. #56

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    [TSKRS]
    Posts
    3,238
    "hobby" normally implies a degree of commitment and involvement beyond just slumping in the sofa and staring at a screen tbh

  17. #57
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    15,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Tafkat View Post
    "hobby" normally implies a degree of commitment and involvement beyond just slumping in the sofa and staring at a screen tbh
    hanging out with friends is a hobby tho!


    

  18. #58
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    It's absolutely fine to use hobbies as the basis for not wanting to form a relationship with someone, and I share your lack of enthusiasm for clubs, clubbing and the getting smashed in said clubs.

    But to say that something that someone does blanket is not a hobby because of some imaginary threshold only you can see is...well, it's the kind of autism I've come to expect from FHC.
    Well a threshold is really indicative of one's common sense tbqh or the level of trolling that's expressed.

    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    please note these people are also still single.



    tapadong
    Tbh I've already been offered to be set up with somebody by a friend here, tbh I don't really want to since then I'll have to three-way an explanation as to why I'm suddenly unavailable

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrenda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrenda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    actually, amongst my female friends hardly any of them have any hobbies at all unless you count <four very popular hobbies>
    Yes, but you see women watch silly reality shows like Big Brother and Judge Judy while men watch serious cultural shows like Breaking Bad and Top Gear.
    Tell me you didn't just put an equal between Big Brother and Top Gear, however deviant some women are, the former is retarded and the latter is awesome (because car porn > all that's on TV, really).
    Fair. One's a show about the intellectually challenged the red tops seem to love for no logical reason, the other has people locked in a house.
    Let me elaborate on that a bit. I see nothing obscene in a car tearing a track a new one, burning rubber and generally doing awesome stuff with the best camera work and processing I've ever seen in a car show. There isn't a logical reason for this, just that it's beautiful just as boobs are beautiful. Ok, some are, some aren't. Still.

    I consider almost everything depicted in Big Brother obscene and inappropriate. But I am a person who enjoys and protects one's privacy and would loathe to have a camera installed to monitor my every move and interaction so I can get paid monies.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  19. #59
    Chakrai's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,682
    You should all put "shitposting" on your hobbies list because you all do it a lot.
    She did what?

  20. #60

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    [TSKRS]
    Posts
    3,238
    having said that a hobby should involve a certain level of commitment, i should add that i don't think anyone should treat a potential partner's hobbies or lack thereof as any kind of dealbreaker. even (especially?) in a long-term relationship, you don't want to be spending every second of your free time with your partner, and having a bunch of things you can go off and do by yourself is good.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •