hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Online Dating

The land of Vikings and cross country skiing
    Serious question for those of you who have tried dating sites and other things that require you to pay. (Not hookers, you perverts)
    Is there any benefit over apps like Tinder? I've had Tinderdates just for fun as well as Tinderdates with girls who were potential girlfriends, so what exactly makes it worth paying for the matching service? Is it just the longer bio? I only get a few matches every day, so it's not like it's that big a hassle to chat and find out the stuff they would've put in their bio anyway.
    I live in a city with 600k+ people, so the pool on Tinder is big enough to not "run out" of potential matches, like I could in a smaller town. I guess in a smaller town you could run out of people on Tinder, so a service that wasn't limited to 100 miles might be handy, but I've got 1 million within 30-40 miles.

I'm curious, but not curious enough to pay $100 for what might just be another version of Tinder, so please help satisfy my curiosity. Are dating sites worth it?

it depends who you're looking for ...

if you're actively looking for someone to marry (or any other form of "serious" relationship) more expensive platforms might be a good idea ... the fact of paying a few hundred euros/dollars per year means that customers of such platforms are usually invested in their search for a partner.

if you're just looking to meet new people, other free dating platforms will likely be more than enough (my personal favorite is okcupid; mostly because in austria you need a certain affinity to the web to know it).

and tinder? well, it got a certain reputation.

it practically boils down to what you're looking for - using an expensive service for ONS will likely work worse than a free dating site/tinder. the price tag practically reduces the percentage of people looking for not-so-serious relationships. (assuming we're talking about platforms not targeted at very specific groups, e.g. like ashley madison)

Eh, back in the game.

gf who i met (on tinder lol) of 2 years has moved out.

but still comes around because.

so now that its casual, potential to get back together but no solid words from her, I'm officially back in the game.

So, as i dont know if she's gunna come back whats good these days?

Am on tinder, + badoo/some other thing that looks like badoo (no seriously, its like a clone), and hinge.

any other suggestions?

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    any other suggestions?
    idk, tell her to make up her mind?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    any other suggestions?
    idk, tell her to make up her mind?
    I meant about the online dating, why would I want her to make up her mind?

I'm currently in the zone, I have my amazing sex with the girl I've been with for two years, plus sex with anyone else who fancies it to keep me from getting all needy and clingy.

She's already made her mind up that she doesn't want to stop seeing me, If I've learnt anything about Women/Girls over the years, its don't give them an ultimatum, they fucking love that, and they often pick the one you didn't want them to pick.

No, I will attempt to rebuild my confidence through procreation, so that when she comes to negotiate peace terms, I will be negotiating from a position of strength.

Failing that I'll fall madly in love with one of the new ones. Win Win.

Eh, back in the game.

gf who i met (on tinder lol) of 2 years has moved out.

but still comes around because.

so now that its casual, potential to get back together but no solid words from her, I'm officially back in the game.

So, as i dont know if she's gunna come back whats good these days?

Am on tinder, + badoo/some other thing that looks like badoo (no seriously, its like a clone), and hinge.

any other suggestions?
    plenty of fish worked really well for me mate, met some really genuine people on there (and the obligatory nutjobs (myself being one of them))

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

I'm unsure whether the platform matters, but I should have pulled my job description. Seems I'm attracting a variety of people with serious issues at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    I'm unsure whether the platform matters, but I should have pulled my job description. Seems I'm attracting a variety of people with serious issues at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ew yeah I wouldn't put my job in there either way

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

Generally one's job/occupation is telling you more about that person and there are people who just pass if there's nothing there. Idk.

So far had really bad results with online dating and classic meeting people is getting harder and harder nowadays. Sigh.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    I am curious as to how dating in your 30s is different from dating in your 20s.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

More single parents? Or the kids are older at least.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Hi

I separated from my ex after a long marriage last year, starting dating at 37 was massively daunting turns out itís a breeze if I had half the self confidence in who would am then as I do now it would have been a different world in my 20s

Works both ways as well everybody except some crazies know who they are and what they are after, most are settled in life and not looking someone to come in and take care of them

Itís very refreshing tbh, I havenít had this much sex since I ran that Boy Scout camp a few years back!

But Iím a catch anyhow!

Sent from my iPhtapa
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

So far had really bad results with online dating and classic meeting people is getting harder and harder nowadays. Sigh.
    Entirely anecdotal I know but itís the opposite for me

Sent from my iPhtapa

Depends entirely on location I would imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post

Entirely anecdotal I know but it’s the opposite for me

Sent from my iPhtapa
    Glad it's working out for you tbh, I have met lots of people but most of them are in long term relationships, getting married/having kids/etc, not a lot of them dating (if any at all). I suppose in my line of work they like to grab one whilst still in uni then just hoard that one until they're spent or dying (or a combination, idk)

I get what you're saying confidence wise and it's p awesome and I concur on the sex part at least. I'm also fucking terrified that idk who that person is after long term relationships that lasted for fucking years (even a decade), it's a bit eyebrow raising going into a relationship with somebody you've just met and I noticed a lot of pussyfooting around some issues that may show attachment in order to not scare the other part away but it's hilarious in terms that both parties know what's happening but they're going full cold war tactics instead

I`m happy I met somebody who shares so many of my passions/hobbies it's downright frightening but trying to power through that and simply enjoy stuff.

Brofist, hope you're gud ^^

In my 20s it was usually "wanna bang that and that and that, kids? What are yo joking I'm out", now it's more "kids, oh, yo already haz them, k I'm out"

Honestly there's a lot less people who don't know what they want but there's also a lot of crazies (debatable if more than at 20, tho at 20 crazy = fun so ymmv). Lots of people who've been dumped and lots of luggage to deal with, most unpleasant. I even came across somebody who plastered over her profile "I'm not crazy". Well, sure you're not, honey

I put Tinder on my phone the other night, deleted it almost immediately because I was worried about getting some sort of Sexually Transmitted Disease through my phone screen. I've just come out of a seven year relationship... don't think I'm actually ready to have a go yet. 7 years ago meeting people online was looked down upon, now it seems to be de jure. Are there any wholesome sites out there that attract non-THOTs?

I've not used dating apps for 3 years, met my current gf on tinder. I think my mates now mostly use bumble and hinge (who makes a dating app which rhymes with minge?).
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Bumble is one of the better ones, even if you just have a chat with people

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I met someone,

not using online dating apps, like organic.

It felt so fucking good, the sex was explosive, like all over eachother good and she got on with all my mates,

we dated about a month and a bit.... and then on a night out she randomly ditched me for this dweeby looking guy, i was like, are you serious lol is this a joke???, and she was like no he's an old friend from school, im going home with him.

i was really wtf'd about the whole situation and went home a bit (ok a lot) angry and confused.

anyway as i was clearing all her stuff up i snooped in her bag and found a crackpipe.

kept it as a souvenir. burned a certain document that she might need to leave the country.

fucking crackheads man.

too good to be true.

I met someone,

not using online dating apps, like organic.

It felt so fucking good, the sex was explosive, like all over eachother good and she got on with all my mates,

we dated about a month and a bit.... and then on a night out she randomly ditched me for this dweeby looking guy, i was like, are you serious lol is this a joke???, and she was like no he's an old friend from school, im going home with him.

i was really wtf'd about the whole situation and went home a bit (ok a lot) angry and confused.

anyway as i was clearing all her stuff up i snooped in her bag and found a crackpipe.

kept it as a souvenir. burned a certain document that she might need to leave the country.

fucking crackheads man.

too good to be true.
    Lol your a scumbag